Body options

Anything and Everything about the Body, from paint to undercoating and interior, including in-car entertainment (ICE).

Moderators: Helpinators, Moderators

92BlackBeauty
First Gear

Body options

Post by 92BlackBeauty »

Ok, I searched and found that there are no existing off the shelf body kits for a 92 ss. This is incredibly maddening.

Are there any kits that can be semi-easily modified, say a kit for a 93 impreza? Can anything be modified to fit front, rear, and side skirts?

Also, are there parts in Japan for our cars that we can bring in?
92 SS--up and running finally!!
(edited for Jason Grahns pleasure)
LaureltheQueen
Spelling Nazi
Spelling Nazi

Post by LaureltheQueen »

there are plug and play front lips available for the legacy, but that's about it for things that fit without any kind of modification as far as i know
Laurel Tuning Stage 15
92 Touring Wagon 5MT 16G
[quote="NICO I WRX U"]the streets are my track[/quote]
92BlackBeauty
First Gear

Post by 92BlackBeauty »

See, I'm not afraid to modify, just not so much that it can't be done with hand tools and some basic know-how haha.
These plug and play front lips you speak of, where might I get a hold of one?
That's really all I need right now is the lip, because I am going to be fiberglassing a widebody skirt setup and rear bumper.
92 SS--up and running finally!!
(edited for Jason Grahns pleasure)
David Carter
Vendor
Vendor

Fiberglass

Post by David Carter »

Fiberglass is your best bet. Most GOOD import shops that do body kits can make anything fit your car as long as it's fiberglass. I was at one point makeing fiberglass 2001 RS bumpers for 91 Legacy SS's but 2 things killed it.. one my fiberglass partner went out of buissness before we could get to that stage..and 2 there are already PLENTY of Fiberglass Ver.3/4/5 bumpers on the market for the Impreza..why should i have bought a Urithane 2001 bumper make it fit my car..then make a mold for it..when there are fiberglass bumpers and side skirts available that are easily (per your experiance) to modify to your car..

Most GOOD shops will be able to do this for you. Shop around.

On another note the 2001 RS bumper will fit 90-94 Leg SS's with minor modification..but it need to be lengthened to reach the wheel well. that area is flat and void of contours or body ridges..a good shop even a bad on should not have a problem lengthing and blending it seemless for you.

then all you need are fog light covers at the least and a paint job to match.. if you want to go all out Rallispec in NJ sell 2.5 RS foglight kits complete that will wire in to your exsisting foglights.

Rear bumpers..there is a kit on www.rallitek.com's page for 95-98 legacys which includes:

bumper: Image

sideskirts:Image

grill Image

rear bumper:Image i know bad picture of the bumper.

..and a wing

..but it's for the wagon..everything but the wing and the rear bumper should fit with work.. and i'm sure the rear bumper with some work could fit the sedan as well...if for some reason the side skirts are to long..they can be shortened.

I hope i've helped.. you don't have much choice..there isen't much out there.

David Carter
91 Subaru Legacy LS 2.2l FWD WGN
91 Subaru Legacy SSDN 2.2t AWD