N/A legacy forums

Subaru-related topics that don't belong anywhere else...

Moderators: Helpinators, Moderators

Imprezive
Fourth Gear

N/A legacy forums

Post by Imprezive »

There isn't really any point to this, but I was wondering how come there isnt any forum for the N/A legacies? I know that most parts are the same but I think it would be cool if there was a place to go to find engine mods to squeeze the most out of my 2.2L
1992 T-Leg = 195whp 197wtq SOLD :(
1988 4Runner RIP
2006 Suzuki DRZ400sm
2007 Miata
1994 Miata
2003 WRX Wagon
2016 Mazda 3
entirelyturbo
quasi-mod-o
quasi-mod-o

Post by entirelyturbo »

And why isn't this a forum for N/A Legacies?
2000 Subaru Legacy B4 RSK

"Der Wahnsinn ist nur eine schmale Brücke/die Ufer sind Vernunft und Trieb"

*Formerly DerFahrer*

@entirelyturbo on social media, including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and TikTok
scottzg
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by scottzg »

ej22 NA tuning is a waste of time and $. Why dedicate a forum to it?
[url=http://www.thawa.net/gallery/albums/album108/DSCF0330.jpg]90 legacy of awesomeness[/url]
tris91ricer
Title Whore

Post by tris91ricer »

Both scott and imprezive have a point. While going fast is great, it seems to be the consensus on this board to just go turbo, and don't fuck around with an NA. Responsibly, with gas prices the way they are. . . NAs kick ass.

But seriously, this board used to be cool when I joined. Now most of you are turbo elitists. I'm not kidding.
[b]'92 L Sedan[/b]
EJ20g 4.11 5sp LSD

[quote]e46 owners tend to be twats.
[/quote]
Legacy777
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Legacy777 »

Turbo elitists.....hah....you're funny tristan :roll:

Irregardless, I would say the majority of the people who own these cars don't have tons of money to spend on them. The bottom line is that to get any sort of power out of the n/a motor, you've got to spend some serious cash. It's just not worth it when you can do a turbo swap/conversion for less/about the same money and get far more power potentional.
Josh

surrealmirage.com/subaru
1990 Legacy (AWD, 6MT, & EJ22T Swap)
2020 Outback Limted XT

If you need to get a hold of me please email me rather then pm
legacy92ej22t
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by legacy92ej22t »

Plus, N/A power mods already fall under the "engine" forum don't they?
-Matt

'92 SS 5mt. All go and no show. Sold :(
'94 Audi UrS4 Modded (new project)
'96 Outback 5mt.
'07 Legacy 2.5i SE

[quote="Redlined"]
Oh... and I hope the fucker get bunked with Gunter, arrested for raping Gorillas.[/quote]
Legacy777
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Legacy777 »

legacy92ej22t wrote:Plus, N/A power mods already fall under the "engine" forum don't they?
yes.
Josh

surrealmirage.com/subaru
1990 Legacy (AWD, 6MT, & EJ22T Swap)
2020 Outback Limted XT

If you need to get a hold of me please email me rather then pm
Manarius
Fourth Gear

Post by Manarius »

91legacy_sleeper wrote:Responsibly, with gas prices the way they are. . . NAs kick ass.
Then why is my gas mileage so piss poor? :roll:

NOTE: This question is rhetorical.
Manarius wrote:The Neo-Cons would call me a defeatist. I'd call me a realist. I'm realistically saying that a snowball has better chances in the blazes of hell than democracy has in Iraq.
1995 Polo Green Subaru SVX (189k miles - 08/2007-Present)
DLC
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by DLC »

There's no reason these forums can not be as useful for the boost-deprived (like me). The only forums NOT usable would be those related directly to the turbo system, e.g. Turbo and Intercooling. Everything else is shared.

BTW, as fun as a turbo is, i really can't complain about my strong NA engine. Cobb/TWE EL headers or a Random cat section is the last affordable key to making this car even better.
Legacy Central
2001 Legacy Outback Wagon | 2005 OB XT LTD | 1997 Legacy Outback Limited | 1998 Legacy L Wagon | 2000 GT Limited | 93 Legacy Touring Wagon 5MT | 90 Legacy L+
Imprezive
Fourth Gear

Post by Imprezive »

Ya I know there is no real potential in the N/A but like Legacy said, I don't really have the money or the ability to go pick up a turbo engine, let alone the whole car. It was just a suggestion anyways, I am pretty much just too lazy to look for information :cry:
1992 T-Leg = 195whp 197wtq SOLD :(
1988 4Runner RIP
2006 Suzuki DRZ400sm
2007 Miata
1994 Miata
2003 WRX Wagon
2016 Mazda 3
scottzg
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by scottzg »

If you don't have the money to go turbo, there's probably better things to spend your money on anyway. ;)

There are no bolt on parts that will make gains that a passenger would notice. Cams are probably your best bet, but they're not terribly easy to install.
[url=http://www.thawa.net/gallery/albums/album108/DSCF0330.jpg]90 legacy of awesomeness[/url]
THAWA
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by THAWA »

They actually are pretty easy to install. just remove the timing belt and cam sprockets, pop off the valve covers, remove the rocker arm assembly, and change the cams. May not even have to remove the rocker assembly, but it's quick to do.
Rio Red 90 Legacy LS AWD 174k
Liquid Silver 92 SVX LS-L 88k
[url=http://folding.amdmbpond.com/FoldingForOurFuture.html]Do you fold?[/url]

I'm on First and First. How can the same street intersect with itself? I must be at the nexus of the universe.
tris91ricer
Title Whore

Post by tris91ricer »

I understand the bang-for-buck reasons to go FI, and a dialed-in turbo car can be a very memorable and lasting car.
It's just that when people ask about NAs, I'm noticing that the majority are being told to simply "go turbo" or "get a turbo". There are only so many turbo engines to go 'round. . . we can't ALL have one.
[b]'92 L Sedan[/b]
EJ20g 4.11 5sp LSD

[/quote]
Manarius
Fourth Gear

Post by Manarius »

Legacy777 wrote:Irregardless, I would say the majority of the people who own these cars don't have tons of money to spend on them. The bottom line is that to get any sort of power out of the n/a motor, you've got to spend some serious cash. It's just not worth it when you can do a turbo swap/conversion for less/about the same money and get far more power potentional.
And look who's doing an engine swap to a turbo ;)
Last edited by Manarius on Wed Aug 24, 2005 2:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Manarius wrote:The Neo-Cons would call me a defeatist. I'd call me a realist. I'm realistically saying that a snowball has better chances in the blazes of hell than democracy has in Iraq.
scottzg
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by scottzg »

91legacy_sleeper wrote:I understand the bang-for-buck reasons to go FI, and a dialed-in turbo car can be a very memorable and lasting car.
It's just that when people ask about NAs, I'm noticing that the majority are being told to simply "go turbo" or "get a turbo". There are only so many turbo engines to go 'round. . . we can't ALL have one.
you're just jealous.
-K-
Third Gear

Post by -K- »

It's not my fault that I knew I wanted some power so I got a turbo to start with.
I also don't know jack about 2.2N/A power mods so I let Matt answer them.
02 WRX Sedan, 5mt
93 Sport Sedan, 5mt
Manarius
Fourth Gear

Post by Manarius »

scottzg wrote:you're just jealous.
Turbo is just one more thing to break. I like my car 'cause it runs when no one else's does. My car doesn't go to the shop. Every other car we've had has been in the shop for something or other.
sillyp
First Gear

Post by sillyp »

Manarius wrote:Turbo is just one more thing to break
word
92 5mt AWD
F250 duty
12" Johnson
legacy92ej22t
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by legacy92ej22t »

Uh, ya, ok guys. Guys turbos are just failing left and right, huh? I think since I've been here I know of 1 maybe 2 oem turbos that have actualy "broke". :roll:
-Matt

'92 SS 5mt. All go and no show. Sold :(
'94 Audi UrS4 Modded (new project)
'96 Outback 5mt.
'07 Legacy 2.5i SE

[quote="Redlined"]
Oh... and I hope the fucker get bunked with Gunter, arrested for raping Gorillas.[/quote]
scottzg
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by scottzg »

Manarius wrote:
Turbo is just one more thing to break.
you're just jealous too.
LaureltheQueen
Spelling Nazi
Spelling Nazi

Post by LaureltheQueen »

Manarius wrote:
scottzg wrote:you're just jealous.
Turbo is just one more thing to break. I like my car 'cause it runs when no one else's does. My car doesn't go to the shop. Every other car we've had has been in the shop for something or other.
That's odd. My turbo car is significantly more reliable than tristans naturally aspirated car.

Another reason to go FI, when we were driving along I-5 through southern oregon, tristan's car was LABORING to keep up with us. When altitude is a factor, FI for the win.
AWD_addict
Fifth Gear

Post by AWD_addict »

When any weight other than a small passenger is added, NA's are barely adequate. I like the cargo space of my wagon, but I question the powerplant choice everytime I load it up.

NA vs. turbo is really budget-based, unless you're crazy about using less gas or something similiar.
90 L+ wgn
Manarius
Fourth Gear

Post by Manarius »

LaureltheQueen wrote:That's odd. My turbo car is significantly more reliable than tristans naturally aspirated car.

Another reason to go FI, when we were driving along I-5 through southern oregon, tristan's car was LABORING to keep up with us. When altitude is a factor, FI for the win.
Tristan was driving that car. Of course it was laboring. I'm sorry, but my NA may be no Turbo, but I'm no slacker when I'm moving. From dead stop, it's slow, but I have no problem keeping up with other cars; especially on hills.
scottzg
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by scottzg »

Manarius wrote: Tristan was driving that car. Of course it was laboring. I'm sorry, but my NA may be no Turbo, but I'm no slacker when I'm moving. From dead stop, it's slow, but I have no problem keeping up with other cars; especially on hills.
sour grapes.
tris91ricer
Title Whore

Post by tris91ricer »

Hey uh, fuck you guys. yeah. :D
[b]'92 L Sedan[/b]
EJ20g 4.11 5sp LSD

[/quote]