What would you do with...

This is for non-Subaru related topics. Keep it realistic please.

Moderator: Moderators

gt2.5turbo
Second Gear

What would you do with...

Post by gt2.5turbo »

1.5g's to drop into my car(93 t-wag), suggestions?

right now i have a wrx topmount, mbc, and the 341 fuel pump with an fcd in the works.....
dzx
Fifth Gear

Post by dzx »

That's about what i paid for my garrett t3/t4 kit and intake manifold with 550 cc injectors.
///M
'93 Legacy SS - part out
gt2.5turbo
Second Gear

Post by gt2.5turbo »

im thinking about sohc 2.5rs heads, vf22, injectors and exhaust... still searching for the engine management to support this though
93 White Legacy Turbo Wagon: For Sale-ish
93 White Turbo Sedan: soon with a little more umf
91, funky brown purple gray color, legacy L Wagon: the "its so cheap i cant not pass it up" purchase to get me around when the others are down
ferrari494
Second Gear

Post by ferrari494 »

improving suspension might be a good idea, can be done for way cheap and adds a lot to the car....50 bucks got me 4 nearly new WRX struts, stopped my 12 yr old car from sagging so badly and the ride/handling improved a ton
'93 Subaru Legacy Turbo Sedan, 5mt
skid542
Fifth Gear

Post by skid542 »

I vote suspension all the way. With 1500 you can put in new struts and springs, couple strut bars, bushings, etc. That'll let you keep your speed a whole lot better when you're driving fast.
However, if you are more towards the drag style, new struts and then turbo and injectors.
Lee

93' SS, 5mt swapped, 182k, not stock...
96' N/A OBW 5sp, 212k, Couple mods... RIP
99' N/A OBW, 4eat, mostly stock.
gt2.5turbo
Second Gear

Post by gt2.5turbo »

anybody ever try the sti gnome suspension made for wagons?
91, funky brown purple gray color, legacy L Wagon: the "its so cheap i cant not pass it up" purchase to get me around when the others are down
dzx
Fifth Gear

Post by dzx »

Unless your stock suspension isn't in good shape, i wouldnt really worry about handling too much. Then i'd probably get some wider rims and better tires. My car's suspension is pretty much stock but it's in really good shape and I can walk away from probably 98% of cars in the canyon with it.
///M
'93 Legacy SS - part out
gt2.5turbo
Second Gear

Post by gt2.5turbo »

yeah the only problems i have canyon wise is my brakes the suspension itself is actually alot better than what i thought it was going to be but brakes are definitly on the list
dzx
Fifth Gear

Post by dzx »

New tires are on my list...wheel bearing problem made both the front tires pretty damn bald. It slides when i hit small puddles, scared the piss outta me one time getting on the interstate.
///M
'93 Legacy SS - part out
scottzg
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by scottzg »

1500$ would buy a hell of a stereo.
[url=http://www.thawa.net/gallery/albums/album108/DSCF0330.jpg]90 legacy of awesomeness[/url]
gt2.5turbo
Second Gear

Post by gt2.5turbo »

yeah but i have a stereo, im looking more towards performance upgrades
206er
Fifth Gear

Post by 206er »

5sp swap $500
cheap 3" exhaust $300?
STi takeoff struts $450?
fix whatever
1994 Touring Wagon: ruby mica, 5mt swapped
THAWA
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by THAWA »

Performance hmm. STi take off suspension, wrx rotors/brackets up front, good pads, good tires, a random assortment of stiffer bushings, chassis bracing.
Rio Red 90 Legacy LS AWD 174k
Liquid Silver 92 SVX LS-L 88k
[url=http://folding.amdmbpond.com/FoldingForOurFuture.html]Do you fold?[/url]

I'm on First and First. How can the same street intersect with itself? I must be at the nexus of the universe.
legacy92ej22t
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by legacy92ej22t »

Tires, brakes.

Gr2, springs.

STI group N tranny and motor mounts.

Engine management.
-Matt

'92 SS 5mt. All go and no show. Sold :(
'94 Audi UrS4 Modded (new project)
'96 Outback 5mt.
'07 Legacy 2.5i SE

[quote="Redlined"]
Oh... and I hope the fucker get bunked with Gunter, arrested for raping Gorillas.[/quote]
J-MoNeY
Fourth Gear

Post by J-MoNeY »

You really need to have a purpose for doing mods, be it drag racing or auto X. It would be helpful if you told us what you want to do with your car. I'd imagine that you want to drive real fast?
98 LGT
gt2.5turbo
Second Gear

Post by gt2.5turbo »

i want to be quick but i wanna be able to handle the canyon runs as well so as much hp and as much suspension tunning i would be able to do... if need be suspension can wait a little longer
J-MoNeY
Fourth Gear

Post by J-MoNeY »

What's 'quick' to you? A 15 second QM or less?
98 LGT
scottzg
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by scottzg »

imagine how many aluminum wings you could buy with 1500$!!!!
[url=http://www.thawa.net/gallery/albums/album108/DSCF0330.jpg]90 legacy of awesomeness[/url]
J-MoNeY
Fourth Gear

Post by J-MoNeY »

Like 7 or 8 of them.
98 LGT
LaureltheQueen
Spelling Nazi
Spelling Nazi

Post by LaureltheQueen »

seriously... dump it into whitelines/agx's or a set of real coilovers(used would probably be more cost effective) and a couple sway bars. Then get an awic, dp, and boost controller
Laurel Tuning Stage 15
92 Touring Wagon 5MT 16G
[quote="NICO I WRX U"]the streets are my track[/quote]
J-MoNeY
Fourth Gear

Post by J-MoNeY »

It's a WAGON though. They are so ungodly heavy and slow. I think he'd be have a better shot at getting a dry NX kit and a saws-all. Blow the motor with the nitrous and then saw the car in-half to save weight. Swap the engine for a STI one. Done and done.
98 LGT
gt2.5turbo
Second Gear

Post by gt2.5turbo »

hey man i fucking love my wagon dont be hating we'll see how slow it is after a few years of modding.
J-MoNeY
Fourth Gear

Post by J-MoNeY »

Dude. I've had more wagons than you can count to. From GL's, GL-10's, to L's, and Touring Wagons. They are just a shitty car to start with for performace. I don't understand why you'd want to make it 'fast'. It's your car, but realisticly you're looking at no faster then a 13 second car with a butt load of money into it and even more regrets.
98 LGT
gt2.5turbo
Second Gear

Post by gt2.5turbo »

why does anyone from this board want to mod their 11-15 year old car? and as many wagons as ive owned not a single one has been regreted and i have learned a ton from each one. They arent your average wrx or sti and that is what is so intriguing about them. Dont get me wrong i would love to have either one and i could of probably afforded either by now but i have chose to start with something completely different and plan on making it a one of a kind car. Now if your done trying to convience me that owning a clean, well taken care of, white turbo wagon is a bad idea, i would like to hear what others have to say and what other suggestions and mods others have experienced... thanks
scottzg
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by scottzg »

gt2.5turbo wrote:why does anyone from this board want to mod their 11-15 year old car?
I don't particularly like to 'mod' it, i like to 'drive' it, and that's because i can drive it off a cliff and not be in debt.

Honestly, if you don't know what you want to blow your money on, you're probably better off not spending it on your car in the first place.