One Crowbar and two screws later..

Anything and Everything about the Body, from paint to undercoating and interior, including in-car entertainment (ICE).

Moderators: Helpinators, Moderators

Manarius
Fourth Gear

One Crowbar and two screws later..

Post by Manarius »

...I have a clean place under my driver's side seat, and I seat that doesn't rock.

Previous story: My dad removed the seat to shampoo under it, but when he put the seat back he cross-threaded the bolt by accident. In the process, he broke the weld on the nut so my seat rocked in place (naturally it would with a loose bolt).

Today, I set out to remove the seat. I did so via prying the entire nut/bolt out with a large crowbar. I commenced cleaning under seat. Then I pounded the cross-threaded nut/bolt back in the hole which I pulled it out of. Then I drilled two auxilary holes in which I put screws to help tighten up the seat. Now I have driver's seat which does not rock...at least not as much as before.
Manarius wrote:The Neo-Cons would call me a defeatist. I'd call me a realist. I'm realistically saying that a snowball has better chances in the blazes of hell than democracy has in Iraq.
1995 Polo Green Subaru SVX (189k miles - 08/2007-Present)
tris91ricer
Title Whore

Post by tris91ricer »

Rock on, dude!

:lol:

Glad to hear you got that fixed. I know it was annoying you.
[b]'92 L Sedan[/b]
EJ20g 4.11 5sp LSD

[quote]e46 owners tend to be twats.
[/quote]
gc835
In Neutral

Post by gc835 »

dont let you dad touch it hahahahah :shock: