Reverse ABS?

Where the power meets the road.

Moderators: Helpinators, Moderators

Thor
In Neutral

Reverse ABS?

Post by Thor »

I still cant figure it out, but if I depress the pedal any more than feathering it, I feel it bump and if I slow down too slow the car will stop, also If it occurs when I am slowing down the car will still want to go forwards. I can start the engine fine, but shifting into gear kills it like if you had an e brake on, although this seems to be directly related with my pedal. If I gun it in neutral and drop it into park it goes again, but for about a carlength I can feel something holding the car back. Anyone had anything similar? From the bump in the pedal it feels kinda like ABS but I don't hear that abs groan noise. I doubt it is the abs but I will try pulling the fuse. The pedal has pressure also, and I am about 99% positive that my emergency brake isn't stuck down.
Manarius
Fourth Gear

Post by Manarius »

I think one of your pistons on one of your calibers is sticky. That would account for it kind of smacking when you press on the breaks and it may also be responsible for the fact that you can hardly get out of park.
Manarius wrote:The Neo-Cons would call me a defeatist. I'd call me a realist. I'm realistically saying that a snowball has better chances in the blazes of hell than democracy has in Iraq.
1995 Polo Green Subaru SVX (189k miles - 08/2007-Present)
Thor
In Neutral

Post by Thor »

I was missing shims on one of the wheels, any way that could be screwing with it?
Thor
In Neutral

Post by Thor »

Arg, figured it out, on my front passenger side, the top seal around the bolt the calipur swings up on broke, and then rusted. It no longer moves back and forth with ease, and when I remove the seal it grabs before I can even move the car. I have cleaned it up pretty good, but both the bolt and housing it pivots around are pitted pretty bad. Am I better off just buying seals and trying to sand the insides down more, or is this something that has to be exact?
BAC5.2

Post by BAC5.2 »

I'd just replace the caliper. Used in good condition is cheap, and the swap is easy.

I think brakes are something that corners shouldn't be cut with. It's worth the money for peice of mind, IMO.
2009 Outback 2.5XT. 5MT. Satin White Pearl.
2009 Impreza 2.5i Premium. Blue.

[quote="scottzg"]...I'm not a fan of the vagina...[/quote][quote="evolutionmovement"]This will all go much easier if people stop doubting me.[/quote]