No power windows...

Headlights to tailights and everything in between.

Moderators: Helpinators, Moderators

hackish
First Gear

No power windows...

Post by hackish »

My car has been parked while I worked on obtaining an STi engine. Now I'm going to run it until the EJ22 finally dies then swap in the EJ20K. When I pulled it out of the snowbank and into the shop I've found that none of the power windows work. I haven't been able to locate any fuse for that and one post mentioned removing the front seat and looking under the carpet for a fuse!!!???

None of the 4 windows or switches operate.

-Michael
fireytom
In Neutral

Post by fireytom »

happened to me once. Turned out I had the child safety switch pushed in the entire time. Of course that epiphany showed up after I had ripped the interior apart to get to the relay under the driver's seat.
subawhatsubawho
Fourth Gear

Post by subawhatsubawho »

When I bought my current legacy wagon there was tape all over the back windows and they were rolled down about 1/4 of the way. The owner says all the windows just stopped wroking one day and this is one of the reasons for selling it.

Turned out the window lock switch was on and you have to use the passengers side front switch to get the window to go down. The rest of them worked fine.
1991 Legacy BJ L 5MT AWD 189K Paid $100 STOLEN 2/13/06
A_DuB
First Gear

Post by A_DuB »

*BUMP*

My car has been sitting since September and the battery was dead when I first went out to roll down my windows, so I hooked up the charger and I'm letting it sit right now. Since I'm replacing the doors on the right side I have already removed most of the components form the doors and was wondering if I have to just plug in the motor to the power windows to get windows to work or does everything on the doors need to be plugged in, like the power locks, mirror, and the window regulator buttons?
91 Rio Red SS 5MT 4WD
87 Ford Broco V8 5.8Ltr
96 Hyundai Accent Hatchback
IronMonkeyL255
Fourth Gear

Post by IronMonkeyL255 »

The window switch has to be plugged in.

When I had my interior half stripped, I found this out. I had the door cards off, and couldn't move the rear windows from the driver's door without the switch being plugged in for the rear doors.
Disclaimer: If anything I post is inaccurate, please correct me. I do not wish to add to the misinformation floating around on the internet.

That being said, everything I post is accurate to the best of my knowledge.

Rio Red '91 Legacy SS
A_DuB
First Gear

Post by A_DuB »

Thanks alot IronMonkey!
91 Rio Red SS 5MT 4WD
87 Ford Broco V8 5.8Ltr
A_DuB
First Gear

Post by A_DuB »

Ok I plugged in everything on my door and also plugged in my map and dome lights that were unplugged.

My windows are still not working. Could it be that my battery is only half charged? I would think that it would still try to roll down the windows.

I read that there is a fuse for power windows but can find it anywhere.
91 Rio Red SS 5MT 4WD
87 Ford Broco V8 5.8Ltr
A_DuB
First Gear

Post by A_DuB »

Nevermind I'm a fool and didnt have the key turned to on. It works all good now.
91 Rio Red SS 5MT 4WD
87 Ford Broco V8 5.8Ltr