FS: Legacy Turbo Vented Rear Brake Conversion kit

Got something for sale? Need to sell a part? Got some stuff on auction that you want to let us know about?

(Legacy Central BBS is not responsible for any arbitration between its users relative to this forum.
Play nice and deal straight)

Moderators: Helpinators2, Moderators

Forum rules
Please see the NEW Parts Shed Rules before posting: http://www.bbs.legacycentral.org/viewto ... 15&t=55814

Sales of parts and parting cars only. Complete or parted car posts should be made in Car Lot: http://www.bbs.legacycentral.org/viewforum.php?f=32
nicfunkadelic
In Neutral

FS: Legacy Turbo Vented Rear Brake Conversion kit

Post by nicfunkadelic »

Includes Rotors, Calipers, Brake lines, and what's left of the pads. Brakes were in good working condition, and are a good upgrade to non-vented cars. BEST OFFER!!!
Nick
nicfunkadelic
In Neutral

Post by nicfunkadelic »

bump... MAKE AN OFFER PEOPLE
THAWA
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by THAWA »

How about $50 shipped for the calipers and brackets?
Rio Red 90 Legacy LS AWD 174k
Liquid Silver 92 SVX LS-L 88k
[url=http://folding.amdmbpond.com/FoldingForOurFuture.html]Do you fold?[/url]

I'm on First and First. How can the same street intersect with itself? I must be at the nexus of the universe.
greg donovan
Fourth Gear

Post by greg donovan »

30 for the rotors?
96 Impreza L sedan
97 legacy outback limited
00 Impreza RS sedan
Manarius
Fourth Gear

Post by Manarius »

Will they fit with 14inch rims?
Manarius wrote:The Neo-Cons would call me a defeatist. I'd call me a realist. I'm realistically saying that a snowball has better chances in the blazes of hell than democracy has in Iraq.
1995 Polo Green Subaru SVX (189k miles - 08/2007-Present)
Brat4by4
Stratified

Post by Brat4by4 »

Oops. Front brakes != rear brakes.

Ninja edit after Vikash's careful eye.
Last edited by Brat4by4 on Wed Apr 12, 2006 9:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
1993 WMP BC6 5MT EJ22T 9psi 3.9:1 213k 205/55R16

62.6 m/s @ 0.66 bar. Gotta love boost. :)
vrg3
Vikash

Post by vrg3 »

Are you sure about that? They're the same diameter as stock non-turbo brakes, after all.
"Just reading vrg3's convoluted, information-packed posts made me feel better all over again." -- subyluvr2212
nicfunkadelic
In Neutral

Post by nicfunkadelic »

THAWA- What brackets...? You can have them, I'm just not sure what you need. I will take 50 for those parts, but woun't eat the shipping. Make it $60 shipped and I'll cover anything over 10 bucks.

Greg - I will take 30 for the rotors if you pay for the shipping and paypal fees.

Nick
Manarius
Fourth Gear

Post by Manarius »

vrg3 wrote:Are you sure about that? They're the same diameter as stock non-turbo brakes, after all.
I'd almost be willing to swap to vented rears if they'll work with my steelies. I've always wanted 4 wheel vented. Add to that they're the same diameter so my brake pads now will work with them...right?

If they're still available...I'm open.
Manarius wrote:The Neo-Cons would call me a defeatist. I'd call me a realist. I'm realistically saying that a snowball has better chances in the blazes of hell than democracy has in Iraq.
nicfunkadelic
In Neutral

Post by nicfunkadelic »

Manarius- They are still available, let me know.
Nick
Manarius
Fourth Gear

Post by Manarius »

nicfunkadelic wrote:Manarius- They are still available, let me know.
Nick
If Vikash confirms that they'll work with my steelies. and pads, $60 shipped sounds fine.
nicfunkadelic
In Neutral

Post by nicfunkadelic »

60 shipped was for THAWA above, who didn't need the rotors... Those are pricey to ship. Make me an offer though, whatever.
Nick
Manarius
Fourth Gear

Post by Manarius »

nicfunkadelic wrote:60 shipped was for THAWA above, who didn't need the rotors... Those are pricey to ship. Make me an offer though, whatever.
Nick
True. If Vikash confirms that they'll work, I'll bump up the offer.
vrg3
Vikash

Post by vrg3 »

I can't promise anything. All I can say is:

Turbo and NA rear brakes are the same diameter. Turbo rotors are about 9mm thicker than non-turbos'. Turbo calipers use the same basic design as non-turbo calipers (and in fact use the same pads), but are slightly different to accomodate the wider rotor.
"Just reading vrg3's convoluted, information-packed posts made me feel better all over again." -- subyluvr2212
THAWA
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by THAWA »

The brackets are the cast iron pieces that the calipers bolt to. They then bolt to the backing plate. Price sounds good to me. You take paypal?

I'm on First and First. How can the same street intersect with itself? I must be at the nexus of the universe.
nicfunkadelic
In Neutral

Post by nicfunkadelic »

yes I do, n.juncadella@comcast.net for paypal.
I will be in the garage tomorrow, and will get everything together for shipment.
Nick
skid542
Fifth Gear

Post by skid542 »

Manarius, just want to give you a heads up, if you're still running NA front rotors and you get the turbo rears, you'll end up locking up the rears first under hard braking. The turbo rear caliper has a larger piston than the NA. While this can be fun it also does have it's distinct draw backs and problems, just an FYI.

As for if they'll fit in your 14's, I would think so but can't make any gaurentees.
Lee

93' SS, 5mt swapped, 182k, not stock...
96' N/A OBW 5sp, 212k, Couple mods... RIP
99' N/A OBW, 4eat, mostly stock.
Manarius
Fourth Gear

Post by Manarius »

skid542 wrote:Manarius, just want to give you a heads up, if you're still running NA front rotors and you get the turbo rears, you'll end up locking up the rears first under hard braking. The turbo rear caliper has a larger piston than the NA. While this can be fun it also does have it's distinct draw backs and problems, just an FYI.

As for if they'll fit in your 14's, I would think so but can't make any gaurentees.
Yeah, I thought about that as well. I think I'll just hold off until I pick up a set of 15's or 16's so I can do 4 wheel brake upgrade.
greg donovan
Fourth Gear

Post by greg donovan »

THAWA wrote:The brackets are the cast iron pieces that the calipers bolt to. They then bolt to the backing plate. Price sounds good to me. You take paypal?
you just getting the brackets and calipers?

if so what condition are the rotors in, nicfunkadelic? i would love to see pics.

you can e-mail them to me at:

gdonov at hotmail dot com

if they are better than mine i may be interested.
96 Impreza L sedan
97 legacy outback limited
00 Impreza RS sedan
nicfunkadelic
In Neutral

Post by nicfunkadelic »

Greg, Rotors are in good shape, a little rusty from the last couple weeks of my swap, but they are not warped at all. The car was on the road up untill 3 weeks ago, and the brakes were good. I will try to get you some pics, but I can't seem to find the cord to my camera recently. I will do a good search tomorrow morning.
Nick
THAWA
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by THAWA »

So should I just paypal you the money then?

nicfunkadelic
In Neutral

Post by nicfunkadelic »

BUMP!!! Calipers and brackets sold, thanks THAWA...
Everything else still available (let me know greg)