WTB: knock sensor

Got something for sale? Need to sell a part? Got some stuff on auction that you want to let us know about?

(Legacy Central BBS is not responsible for any arbitration between its users relative to this forum.
Play nice and deal straight)

Moderators: Helpinators2, Moderators

Forum rules
Please see the NEW Parts Shed Rules before posting: http://www.bbs.legacycentral.org/viewto ... 15&t=55814

Sales of parts and parting cars only. Complete or parted car posts should be made in Car Lot: http://www.bbs.legacycentral.org/viewforum.php?f=32
rad rex
First Gear

WTB: knock sensor

Post by rad rex »

I'm in Maine, anyone got one?
-Rad

Christine has a new owner, apparently he hasn't abused her enough yet

Understeer is when you see the tree you hit in front of the car, oversteer is when you feel it in the back - Walther Röhrl
Subaru for Life
First Gear

Re: WTB: knock sensor

Post by Subaru for Life »

rad rex wrote:I'm in Maine, anyone got one?
Howdy, usually it's not a good idea to buy used sensors of unknown history. You can get one from Rock Auto for around $30.00, now that's darn cheap when it comes to sensors.

Good luck.
rad rex
First Gear

Post by rad rex »

sweeeeeeeeeeeeeet, thanks for the linky
-Rad

Understeer is when you see the tree you hit in front of the car, oversteer is when you feel it in the back - Walther Röhrl
rad rex
First Gear

Post by rad rex »

I just looked that up and it lists for $47.99, not that cheep
-Rad

Subaru for Life
First Gear

rad rex wrote:I just looked that up and it lists for $47.99, not that cheep
You're looking at Bosch, the OE will do just fine.
vrg3
Vikash

Post by vrg3 »

Subaru for Life, do you know if the sensor from Rock Auto is of the redesigned type? Like, does it have a white connector clip and the number "22060 AA031" imprinted on it?
"Just reading vrg3's convoluted, information-packed posts made me feel better all over again." -- subyluvr2212
Subaru for Life
First Gear

vrg3 wrote:Subaru for Life, do you know if the sensor from Rock Auto is of the redesigned type? Like, does it have a white connector clip and the number "22060 AA031" imprinted on it?
No, that I do not know about. I didn't even know Subaru redesigned the knock sensor. I still have the factory original on my '93 Legacy N/A with over 211k and the sensor is still doing a fine job :D
rad rex
First Gear

Post by rad rex »

I still havent gotten one. The OE one at Rock auto isn't available. They only list the Bosch. For that price I might as well get the part from Subaru
-Rad

greg donovan
Fourth Gear

Post by greg donovan »

rad rex wrote:I still havent gotten one. The OE one at Rock auto isn't available. They only list the Bosch. For that price I might as well get the part from Subaru
are you sure yours is bad?

i know you just fixed your coolant tank so i assume some spilled on the knock sensor that can cause it to throw the knock sensor code.
96 Impreza L sedan
97 legacy outback limited
00 Impreza RS sedan
rad rex
First Gear

Post by rad rex »

It was throwing that code before i got coolant on it. I pulled it off the block and it had a really small crack in it. It still runs fine without it, so I'm not in any rush to replace it
-Rad

haru182
In Neutral

Post by haru182 »

has anybody actually ordered this OE knock sensor from Rock? I just want to make sure Im not shooting myself in the foot here by ordering it. (btw... how the hell does my knock sensor get a crack in it after not being driven for 6 weeks....like... I drove it 1k miles to nyc and parked it and havn't driven it until today when the CEL comes on for the knock sensor) Any thoughts on either issue would either A) humor me or B) help (with regards to rock auto)
Chase

1990 Legacy Wagon AWD 4EAT

Why is it I enjoy this car more then my prelude ?
haru182
In Neutral

Post by haru182 »

http://www.rockauto.com/catalog/x,carco ... rtGroup,19

Thats just the link...thought it might help... and vrg I noticed it matched the number you had mentioned... I am assuming this is a good thing?
Chase

haru182
In Neutral

Post by haru182 »

anybody?
Chase

vrg3
Vikash

Post by vrg3 »

Yeah, given that it has that part number on it, I would expect it to be the right part.
"Just reading vrg3's convoluted, information-packed posts made me feel better all over again." -- subyluvr2212