ERS Rally in Starke, FL

Autocross, Rallycross, ProRally, Drag, WRC, F1 etc...

Moderators: Helpinators, Moderators

entirelyturbo
quasi-mod-o
quasi-mod-o

ERS Rally in Starke, FL

Post by entirelyturbo »

I wasn't able to participate in this event due to money constraints, but I did attend and did get some pictures. It's an amazing event, participants run a total of over 20 miles of rally staging, ranging from an asphalt technical section, to a dirt fast section through forest. My friend RenMaxi ran his 91 turbo, but he had to retire it due to a misfire (I won't get into a rant about that :roll: ).

Here's the gallery:
http://thawa.net/gallery2/v/subyluvr/Me ... y+6-10-06/

And a few choice picks:

RenMaxi's car:

Per from Grassroots Motorsports Magazine:

Many other Subarus participated, this is a GF wagon, originally an EJ18 AWD, now an EJ20 AWD out of an STi V4:

Dodge Omni GLH, this car backfired like crazy! :lol: :

Suzuki Swift GTI:
2000 Subaru Legacy B4 RSK

"Der Wahnsinn ist nur eine schmale Brücke/die Ufer sind Vernunft und Trieb"

*Formerly DerFahrer*

@entirelyturbo on social media, including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and TikTok
greg donovan
Fourth Gear

Post by greg donovan »

was this like a track day but a rally since it was open to street cars?

what sort of speeds were reached?
96 Impreza L sedan
97 legacy outback limited
00 Impreza RS sedan
entirelyturbo
quasi-mod-o
quasi-mod-o

Post by entirelyturbo »

Kinda. It's a rally school, where this event was held, and from what I understand, the owner has insurance up the ass, so that's how he can hold this event with the general public entering in street cars.

I heard speeds of around 70 in the forest, but they had an event in 2004, and RenMaxi told me he hit over 100 in his Turbo, stock. So yeah, this isn't a rallycross, this is actual amateur rally!

*Formerly DerFahrer*

@entirelyturbo on social media, including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and TikTok
greg donovan
Fourth Gear

Post by greg donovan »

subyluvr2212 wrote:Kinda. It's a rally school, where this event was held, and from what I understand, the owner has insurance up the ass, so that's how he can hold this event with the general public entering in street cars.

I heard speeds of around 70 in the forest, but they had an event in 2004, and RenMaxi told me he hit over 100 in his Turbo, stock. So yeah, this isn't a rallycross, this is actual amateur rally!
sounds pretty damn dangerous to me. i am really surprised they let street cars hit those speeds. it doesnt take much speed into a tree to do serious injury. scary in a street car. awesome in a caged rally car.

how close to the road are the trees in the forest?
96 Impreza L sedan
97 legacy outback limited
00 Impreza RS sedan
entirelyturbo
quasi-mod-o
quasi-mod-o

Post by entirelyturbo »

I don't disagree with you that it's dangerous. Like I said, the guy's insured like crazy :)

I honestly dunno how close the trees are, I've never run the course, and spectators aren't allowed back there. I'll ask and see if I can get a non-exaggerated number... (2 inches man! :roll: :lol: )

*Formerly DerFahrer*

AWD_addict
Fifth Gear

Post by AWD_addict »

What a cool event.

Who brought the Crown Vic? :o
90 L+ wgn