Limits of EJ22T sensors; MAP, MAF

That spinning thing that makes all of the cool noises. OE and Aftermarket.

Moderators: Helpinators, Moderators

evolutionmovement
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by evolutionmovement »

It would cost too much to cast a wider block for the 2.5.
Midnight in a Perfect World on Amazon or order anywhere. The first book in a quartet chronicling the rise of a man from angry criminal to philanthropist. Midnight... is a distopic noirish novel featuring 'Duchess', a modified 1990 Subaru Legacy wagon.
napphappy
Second Gear

Post by napphappy »

I should have looked at this thread earlier.
I second eric's statement. Dont post if you if you dont know what you are talking about. Or at least preface it with a "I might be wrong".

Any way.

As for the injectors. I have had both the EJ25d and EJ22t injectors and rails infront of me. My conclusion was that the best thing to do is use the rails that come with the manifold. And then get injectors that fit the rails. Such as SR20det, as there are many options available.

This picture clearly(ok its alittle out of focus) shows that the EJ22t injectors will not work in the EJ25d rails.
.............Nissan SR20DET................................. EJ25d.................................................. EJ22t
1997 White BG Ltd 5MT, EJ22T with Wiescos, EJ20R Heads, Two large dents R.I.P
1995 Impreza EJ22T DOHC Hydra EMS, 20g, EWG, 3in APS TBE, AWIC
franticfour
In Neutral

Post by franticfour »

Good info ^^^
I just checked and if you want to use the (more available) 2.2t injectors (or liberty / 20G) you just have to use the 2.2t rails. They fit the 2.5 manifold fine. (I might be wrong) :)
This is all usefull info for the swapsters.
Last edited by franticfour on Sun Jun 04, 2006 8:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Project_Legacy
Third Gear

Post by Project_Legacy »

aww! you think i can get those ej22t rails then eric?? or are those rails the same as ej18's? i was going to use the 2.5 rails and ej22t injectors together, but i guess i will have to get new rails. let me know! thanks! this is great info for all out there, doing frankenstein projects!
00 5MT AWD 2.5 RS - New Project
napphappy
Second Gear

Post by napphappy »

franticfour wrote:Good info ^^^
I just checked and if you want to use the (more available) 2.2t injectors (or liberty / 20G) you just have to use the 2.2t rails. They fit the 2.5 manifold fine.
Really? The EJ22t rails I had would not fit the Ej25d intake. The bolt holes were on the opposite side of the rail(outside) from the EJ25d intake.
1997 White BG Ltd 5MT, EJ22T with Wiescos, EJ20R Heads, Two large dents R.I.P
1995 Impreza EJ22T DOHC Hydra EMS, 20g, EWG, 3in APS TBE, AWIC
Project_Legacy
Third Gear

Post by Project_Legacy »

there are a couple different 2.5 intake mani's. i know of 2 of em. one has a side feed type rail. the other has a top feed i believe. the one i bought from eric is a side feed type, that should have come off of a phase 1 DOHC with the inline bolt pattern.

maybe we have some confusion on which intake mani we are talking about.
franticfour
In Neutral

Post by franticfour »

No, Napphappy is correct.
I'll have to eat crow after ripping on scuzzy for posting wrong info :)
You'd have to modify the tabs to the other side for them to work.
corrected my post above :)
eric
Project_Legacy
Third Gear

Post by Project_Legacy »

lol. does anyone know anything about the 1.8 rails then? this seems to be where i am stuck at for now. anyone know what the 2.5 red injectors flow? i may just get by with using those for now...
FuJi K
First Gear

Post by FuJi K »

the EJ25 block isn't LONGER/wider at all. They put the wrist pin up further into the piston to accomedate the longer stroke from the crank. All rods are the same length.

The pistons DOES come out of the phase 1 EJ25, EJ22 and well as the EJ22T. My Phase 2 EJ22 pistons are FLUSH with the block, but not the Phase 1's.
MY99 GF4 5spd DIY Modified
not8player
First Gear

Post by not8player »

FuJi K wrote:the EJ25 block isn't LONGER/wider at all. They put the wrist pin up further into the piston to accomedate the longer stroke from the crank. All rods are the same length.
Small correction
The ej18,ej20,ej22 rods are the same length (5.135”)
The ej25 are different length (5.180")
FuJi K
First Gear

Post by FuJi K »

not8player wrote:
FuJi K wrote:the EJ25 block isn't LONGER/wider at all. They put the wrist pin up further into the piston to accomedate the longer stroke from the crank. All rods are the same length.
Small correction
The ej18,ej20,ej22 rods are the same length (5.135”)
The ej25 are different length (5.180")
That measurement is measured in the center of the wrist pin and the crank part of the rod, ya?

The NEW question is, would my factory fuelpump be able to keep up with the EJ22T motor?
IF my factory '99 Impreza L fuel pump can keep up with the motor, then I wouldn't need to upgrade just yet. I don't plan on boosting more at all, just keep it how it is until I get the other "INFAMOUS" rebuilt, then swap that into this one's place.
Project_Legacy
Third Gear

Post by Project_Legacy »

eric and i found out that, to use the ej22t injectors on the ej25 intake manifold, you can use the fuel rails (including pressure regulator and lines) from an ej20g. they bolt up just fine, but you have to either use all the hard fuel lines and pressure regulator, or do the "parallel" (SP?) fuel mod to make it easier.

this could be an easier way for others if getting different injectors is not an option. then again, it may be hard to find rails from an ej20g. who knows... :)
FuJi K
First Gear

Post by FuJi K »

FuJi K wrote:
The NEW question is, would my factory fuelpump be able to keep up with the EJ22T motor?
IF my factory '99 Impreza L fuel pump can keep up with the motor, then I wouldn't need to upgrade just yet. I don't plan on boosting more at all, just keep it how it is until I get the other "INFAMOUS" rebuilt, then swap that into this one's place.
Project_Legacy
Third Gear

Post by Project_Legacy »

just putting out that information since it was talked about earlier and wasnt covered yet...

as for your question, what do you think? a factory non-turbo fuel pump able to run enough for a turbo? i doubt it. although, when i did my swap, i had my factory 1990 legacy L fuel pump in there for a bit, and didnt have any problems with it. even though i didnt hear/see anything happen with the motor running that way, it could have been running on the lean side without me knowing.
FuJi K
First Gear

Post by FuJi K »

I was thinking it might be able to run it because I'm just sticking with the factory VF11 turbo and it's injectors. I know the 2.5RS run 5-6psi without a fuelpump upgrade, but these EJ22T injectors are a bit bigger than the 2.5RS.

so then I have to get something then......just to be one the safe side.....walbro 255lph.........
Project_Legacy
Third Gear

Post by Project_Legacy »

im not exactly too sure, but i think the 2.5's had 280cc injectors in them? i could be wrong, i thought i saw that somewhere. the ej22t injectors should be around 370cc so that would be a substantial jump...
FuJi K
First Gear

Post by FuJi K »

OKIES....new plans!

WRX turbo and Intercooler will probably be going in. I will have to cutom up a 90* for the turbo inlet.

The WRX turbo's wastegate is a 7lb wastegate, but boost creeps up to 13psi. NOW with a boost controller, I can set it to 7psi. A while back one of the local members set his to 7psi with a boost controller, and I was like ?HUH?, I thought that it was regulated at 13lbs, but I wasn't too much into turbo stuff then. So now, I will get a boost controller and set it to 7psi and then set up to 12lbs later after things are running right.

thoughts?