90-92 Rear Swaybar Bushings??

Struts, spring, anti-rollbars, braces and the like.

Moderators: Helpinators, Moderators

n2x4
Fourth Gear

90-92 Rear Swaybar Bushings??

Post by n2x4 »

The 90 to 92 rear bar uses bushings on the ends to connect to the droplinks, when I replaced my droplink bushings I noticed the bushings in the end of the rear bar are really shrunken. So much that there's a LOT of play with the bar sliding to end side of the droplinks when it shouldn't at all.

Are replacement bushings available, do I have to make my own, or is there something else I can do?
SUBARUEHS Racing
Subaru for Life
First Gear

Re: 90-92 Rear Swaybar Bushings??

Post by Subaru for Life »

Yup, you definitely should replace the bushings. Aftermarket and OE are readily available.

n2x4 wrote:The 90 to 92 rear bar uses bushings on the ends to connect to the droplinks, when I replaced my droplink bushings I noticed the bushings in the end of the rear bar are really shrunken. So much that there's a LOT of play with the bar sliding to end side of the droplinks when it shouldn't at all.

Are replacement bushings available, do I have to make my own, or is there something else I can do?
n2x4
Fourth Gear

Post by n2x4 »

Where? I can't find anything. Whiteline doesn't seem to list any, and subaruparts.com has nothing. If there are aftermarket ones, I'd probably prefer them. Is the dealer my only option?
SUBARUEHS Racing
Subaru for Life
First Gear

Post by Subaru for Life »

Sorry dude, I was at work and didn't read it carefully. I thought you meant the bushings for the droplinks. My bad, I apologize.

But here's the OE replacement part number for the bushings that goes inside the end of the swaybar eyelets: 20461AA002. It's around $3 each.

Pye

n2x4 wrote:Where? I can't find anything. Whiteline doesn't seem to list any, and subaruparts.com has nothing. If there are aftermarket ones, I'd probably prefer them. Is the dealer my only option?