I F***ING HATE PEOPLE!!!!

This is for non-Subaru related topics. Keep it realistic please.

Moderator: Moderators

The Scooby
Second Gear

I F***ING HATE PEOPLE!!!!

Post by The Scooby »

so today i got up and went in to work. parked my car and had it wrote up for a wash and vac at my dealership.

my buddy grabs my car at about 8am, i got to work by 7am. washes it and then parks it between our body shop and the service shop. he was done about 8:30am.

i go to head out to lunch with my buddy garron and see that some FUCKING ASSHOLE kicked a HUGE dent in my drivers door. soo bad that the metal skin is pushed in about 1/4th of an inch away from the black molding, and it actually pulled the end of the door where it meets the passenger door out away from the car by atleast 1/8th of an inch.

so im pissed, go to lunch and come back. wait for 2 hours for the service manager to get out of his meetings to look over the security cameras.

of corse the fucking camera's take one frame ever 3-5 seconds plus have a pause in recording every few minutes. and of corse whenever someone is neer the drivers side of my car the freaking film screws up or you cant see what they are doing.

so since i had an open RO and it was on the property i might, and i mean MIGHT get a new door since i doubt this can be fixed and a section of my car repainted. if thats the case ill pay the rest to have the whole car re-painted.

so like the title says I FUCKING HATE PEOPLE
1999 Impreza Outback Sport w/ MY02 WRX complete swap

1986 GL wagon
EJ'ed and Lifted
evolutionmovement
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by evolutionmovement »

Was a kick or a punch from an SUV? Some douche hit my Mazda and caused $2500 in damage by what looks like an SUV driven by a cellphone-wielding, kid-dealing woman. Especially since I was parked away from everything so I wouldn't get a scratch or small dent. Instead I needed a new fender, headlight assembly, bumper, snorkel, undercarriage liner, and the clear shield redone.

There are way too many people and most of them are a tail away from being monkeys.
Midnight in a Perfect World on Amazon or order anywhere. The first book in a quartet chronicling the rise of a man from angry criminal to philanthropist. Midnight... is a distopic noirish novel featuring 'Duchess', a modified 1990 Subaru Legacy wagon.
quicklook
Second Gear

Post by quicklook »

i am sorry for your pain, but a little less swearing or using f*****g would be a little more p.c.
evolutionmovement
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by evolutionmovement »

Proper venting (including swearing) reduces the likelihood of eliminating the source of frustration through violence. Not that I personally take issue with shooting/bludgeoning/stabbing the type of worthless vermin that do this sort of thing, but the law unfortunately does, so that makes it bad. I guess. I vent a lot.

Besides, pirates were notorious for their swearing and ... well, they were pirates. They'd have fired a 6 pounder off his bow then boarded his car with cutlasses drawn and made him sign articles or hung him up by his thumbs and sent him off to meet Davey Jones. "Robbing and stealing in a drunken state and I'll be rockin my rhymes all the way to hell's gate."

Hope the shop covers you.
Midnight in a Perfect World on Amazon or order anywhere. The first book in a quartet chronicling the rise of a man from angry criminal to philanthropist. Midnight... is a distopic noirish novel featuring 'Duchess', a modified 1990 Subaru Legacy wagon.
Manarius
Fourth Gear

Post by Manarius »

Man, I'd be pissed too if my car had huge ass dent in it after it got washed.
Manarius wrote:The Neo-Cons would call me a defeatist. I'd call me a realist. I'm realistically saying that a snowball has better chances in the blazes of hell than democracy has in Iraq.
1995 Polo Green Subaru SVX (189k miles - 08/2007-Present)
entirelyturbo
quasi-mod-o
quasi-mod-o

Post by entirelyturbo »

Sorry your car got messed up Scooby.

I wouldn't get as much enjoyment out of directly assassinating the bastard as Steve would, I'd take more solace in learning he lost his genitals in a freak paper-shredder accident or something to that effect.

The universe carries out revenge much more resourcefully than we do.
2000 Subaru Legacy B4 RSK

"Der Wahnsinn ist nur eine schmale Brücke/die Ufer sind Vernunft und Trieb"

*Formerly DerFahrer*

@entirelyturbo on social media, including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and TikTok
skid542
Fifth Gear

Post by skid542 »

Ah man, damn. I'm sorry Scooby. I've been hit by drunks in the parking lots and those were only small dents... Messing with a man's car is rights for some serious harm...

I hope the shop fixes it for you. You'd think someone around the place would know what happened and own up.

Each day I find myself leaning more and more towards Steve's evolution movement.

Again, sorry man.
Lee

93' SS, 5mt swapped, 182k, not stock...
96' N/A OBW 5sp, 212k, Couple mods... RIP
99' N/A OBW, 4eat, mostly stock.
jamal
Vendor
Vendor

Post by jamal »

That's ridiculous. I just... wow. Now I'm all mad.

I have various dents and dings my friends who I park next to must have made, and only one person has ever said a word. It's not like I would make them pay for it to be fixed, but at least have the courtesy to come up to me and apologize. The only reason that one person said anything was beacuse there were witnesses. I actually felt bad for him because he had to get a new door for his new car. My bumper was (is) a bit scuffed.

Of course all that stuff was accidental.
quicklook wrote:i am sorry for your pain, but a little less swearing or using f*****g would be a little more p.c.
Yeah I know think of the fucking children.
Last edited by jamal on Fri Aug 25, 2006 6:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Redlined
Fourth Gear

Post by Redlined »

I hate that kinda shit. Doubly as the douchebag that did it will, no-doubt, get off scott free and either you, or the shop is gonna have to eat the expenses.

I live in fear of this as I deal with drunken idiots and transients on a nightly basis. Im waiting for the day when I have to refuse to sell alcohol to some drunk who can barly stand and have them freak out and do something to my car (the only one in the parking lot). Its an interesting not that the "Employee Parking area" is one of the few areas on the property not covered by security cameras.
Dave

Post by free5ty1e »

Yeah, that's some bullshit, and I fully condone the use and overuse of expletives for venting purposes especially for this type of occasion. Otherwise, as Steve said, you'd be more likely to get violent (which is fine and dandy in GTA games, but the cops don't take kindly to in real life).

Venting is way more fun and productive than going to jail.

This would be a great use for the omnidirectional (mirrored-split) camera I want to build (senses impacts with accelerometers and immediately saves the last 5-10 seconds of video / audio that is running through its buffer)... you'd know exactly who did this and what car they drove, as well as the reaction of the person who either opened the door too fast or actually kicked your car.
-Chris
91SS 4EAT stock
91SS 5MT awaiting engine rebuild and VF36...
92SS 4EAT - RIP :(
94SS 5MT4.11+rLSD 289k km: RobTune550,TD05-16g @ 18psi,FMIC,3"TBE,Forester lift
quicklook
Second Gear

Post by quicklook »

i see the moderator changed the title so i must not be too off.
free5ty1e
Fifth Gear

Post by free5ty1e »

(but this is the ashtray, after all.... d'ja 'spect it to be clean?) :)
-Chris
91SS 4EAT stock
91SS 5MT awaiting engine rebuild and VF36...
92SS 4EAT - RIP :(
94SS 5MT4.11+rLSD 289k km: RobTune550,TD05-16g @ 18psi,FMIC,3"TBE,Forester lift
wiscon_mark
Fourth Gear

Post by wiscon_mark »

jamal wrote:Yeah I know think of the fucking children.
I'm sorry, but I couldn't help but laugh.

Scooby, there is good in this world, and that man (or woman, or monkey without a tail, as Steve put it) will get his dues.
[url=http://www.sl-i.net/FORUM/viewtopic.php?t=486]1995 Legacy Outback 5MT[/url]
185,000 miles
www.sl-i.net (for all Legacys!)
The Scooby
Second Gear

Post by The Scooby »

i know they will get their's, but not by me, i will let carma get them. we looked over the camera's again and still couldn't see anything. my service manager, gary, submitted the $410 estimate to the dealership owner who said no.

so im going to go get a new door and take the whole car to get re-painted at my buddy's shop in a few weeks. he is only charging me $450. im going to paint from the side molding down black as well as the roof and leve inbetween white. panda style.

but ya im still really freaking pissed, sorry for the swearing but this is the nicest car i have ever owned and for someone to do that is like starting war with me.
1999 Impreza Outback Sport w/ MY02 WRX complete swap

1986 GL wagon
EJ'ed and Lifted
Richard
Third Gear

Post by Richard »

I hope whoever did that gets his nuts stuck in a bear trap. Or falls 20 ft off scaffolding into a barrel, one leg in, one leg out, as you drive by honking your horn. That's totally funked up. Why does the dealership even have video surveillance when it's so crappy? Someone's gonna have to pull up in a panel van with their name on the side to get caught.

Tough break. At least its repairable. Life goes on.
-2004 Liquid Silver WRX "Pretty Hate Machine"
jilo860
First Gear

Post by jilo860 »

i feel you r pain man, my 240sx got broken into while in the parking lot of the nissan dealership i WAS working at. i lost about 3k in parts mostly electronics and my manager had the nerve to tell me that they had been robbed before and the cameras werent even good enough to read lisence plates. and even worse they just happened to be broken for the past few months. i am soooo fucking glad i dont work there anymore. they paid terribly too.
Murphy
Third Gear

Post by Murphy »

it wouldnt be to bad if they hit it with a car on accident but if someone kick/punched/broke into my car, id find them and take a baseball bat to thier forhead

..well i think that might actualy kill them, so maybe just the chest and get a few ribs, that or if they werent to much bigger than me just punch them straight in the nose
1990 Legacy LS, 4EAT
1983 Peugeot 505S Turbo Diesel