Need the experts help on this one

Anything and Everything about the Body, from paint to undercoating and interior, including in-car entertainment (ICE).

Moderators: Helpinators, Moderators

91sleeper
In Neutral

Need the experts help on this one

Post by 91sleeper »

Hey guys. I have a 91 SS as well as an 01 GC8. the question i have is does anyone know for sure if the front fenders from a 2nd gen legacy will fit on my GC8? they look like they will but i need to make sure. the reason i am asking is that i want to add projectors for my HID's but instead of retrofitting some in, i brought back some 2nd gen legacy projector headlights from japan. i would rather use those as it would look different as well as be sealed correctly so i won't have to worry. so if anyone knows the help would be appreciated. thanx
91sleeper
In Neutral

Post by 91sleeper »

nobody knows? does anyone have the part # for the front fenders for 95-99 legacy?
entirelyturbo
quasi-mod-o
quasi-mod-o

Post by entirelyturbo »

You're trying to make way more work for yourself than is necessary.

I'm sure there's a way for you to convert your Impreza over to HID's with the stock headlights. I don't know a whole bunch about HID's, but the parts are fairly universal. You could probably use a ballast and stuff from an STi, or even something non-Subaru.

Besides, you shouldn't use JDM lights anyway, there are differences between LHD and RHD headlights.
2000 Subaru Legacy B4 RSK

"Der Wahnsinn ist nur eine schmale Brücke/die Ufer sind Vernunft und Trieb"

*Formerly DerFahrer*

@entirelyturbo on social media, including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and TikTok
91sleeper
In Neutral

Post by 91sleeper »

yes i know this. i currrently have HIDs, it's the projectors i'm after. you can buy a set and do a retrofit but the beam is never perfect and you can mees up your headlight pretty easily. not to mention they might leak. so if the legacy fenders fit then i can use the whole jdm headligh assembly and not have to worry about anything, otherwise i will have to destroy two sets of lights to make one frankenset.
Splinter
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by Splinter »

The beam will be far from perfect if you use JDM headlights
98 Steel Widebody RSTi-RA Superbeast
91sleeper
In Neutral

Post by 91sleeper »

yes i know oposite side and all but i ahve a friend with jdm projectors and he was able to adjust them rather nicely. it just seems easier than pulling both sets apart onl to find they look worse than the jdm lights would have. not to mention it is very time intensive and difficult to do.
jamal
Vendor
Vendor

Post by jamal »

It would probably bolt on but I don't think it would match up to the door very well.

Anyway, thirding the whole "beam pattern will suck" thing.

LHD goes like this:
__/ __/

JDM goes like this:
\__ \__

So you blind oncoming traffic and can't see the side of the road as well.
Manarius
Fourth Gear

Post by Manarius »

Can't honestly say that I've seen 95-99 fenders on a GC8. I can't imagine that they would fit really well, not to mention the car would look like ass afterwards. I guess if you wanted to cut and shave and do hella bondo, you could make them fit and then you could put the morettes on the GC8....but I think even after you changed the fenders, you'd still have wiring issues, hood issues, bumper issues, grille issues...well..hell, you might as well just do an entire front clip swap.

Just for a set of Morettes? No way. I'd just get some Hella 500's as they'll show plenty of light...even more than the Morettes.
Manarius wrote:The Neo-Cons would call me a defeatist. I'd call me a realist. I'm realistically saying that a snowball has better chances in the blazes of hell than democracy has in Iraq.
1995 Polo Green Subaru SVX (189k miles - 08/2007-Present)
91sleeper
In Neutral

Post by 91sleeper »

^^well if there is indeed that much work to it then nm, i was jut curious as the look very similar and if they fit it would be much easier to put in than retrofitting one into my stock headlights. i guess i'm gonna have to find one and try it to see if it would really fit. thanx for a ll your opinions guys. i know the beam is gonna be a little off but like i said my friends lights are fine. yeah he doesn't light up roadsigns as well and you have to point them down a bit to not blind oncomming traffic but overall they do the job and look nice. once again thanks for the help. if it works i'll post pics. ;)