Swapped '01 RS power steering pump

Heads, valves, pistons, rods, crankshaft, etc...

Moderators: Helpinators, Moderators

tzedek
First Gear

Swapped '01 RS power steering pump

Post by tzedek »

pretty straight forward, you need to swap the bracket to bolt it on. Also there is a fitting where the line goes into the pump that needs to be swapped from your old pump, 24mm. I only took it for a short ride and everything seemed to be fine, was a bit noisey at first but it went away. Not sure if it was an upgrade or not, but I figured I would try it out as i had that stuff laying around. I wasnt sure what section to put this in either, too bad there isnt a "boring parts swap" section :twisted:
tzedek
First Gear

Post by tzedek »

#1 is the 24mm fitting that needs to be swapped

#2 are 10mm bolts that need to be removed and I also removed the pieces that hold the power steering lines together to allow #3 to fit

#3 this is slightly different on the RS pump and my '91 pump, I unconnected the two lines and made it work and doesnt seem to stress the PS lines. The connector is also circled, obv. not used on my car.

Other than that there are 3 12mm bolts holding the pump to the bracket and 3 12mm bolts holding the bracket on. Im pretty sure the belt guards could still be used, but I dont use mine.
Bheinen74
Fourth Gear

Post by Bheinen74 »

holy crap where did you get that pump from? It looks like it went thru the floods in New Orleans. Why did you even bother putting on something so rusted. ?
91 Legacy Sport Sedan 4eat
91crx si 165k
91 Civic RT4WD manual trans 168k
91crx Si 40.5k
85 BRAT Gl 140
97 SVX 74k
tzedek
First Gear

Post by tzedek »

thats the reservoir, not the pump