brake shudder tripping knock sensor?

Heads, valves, pistons, rods, crankshaft, etc...

Moderators: Helpinators, Moderators

IggDawg
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

brake shudder tripping knock sensor?

Post by IggDawg »

I've noticed recently that my car seems more responsive and peppy if I've been crusiing for a while than during stop-n-go driving. even aroudn back roads where I take a lot of corners and I'm on the brakes a lot. I have a stripped stud on both front wheels and as a result I get some brake shudder. it's getting a little heavy, and I was wondering to myself if the knock sensor might be picking up on it and retarding the timing?

any idea if this could be the case and how to rectify it?

-Igg
IggDawg is cool.

-IggDawg

1994 Barcelona Red SVX LSi.
1990 CRX Si (for sale)

I know a little about Subarus.
LegacyT
Fourth Gear

Post by LegacyT »

The ECU cycles itself every little while and learns whether your driving casually or agressive. So the car will feel a little different in stop and go slow city driving than on a nice twisty fast road, untill it can learn and adjust itself. As for the shuddering the knock sensor would not pick it up as pinning. The frequency of pinning and wheel shudder is different.

Mark,
1991 Turbo Sedan, Aspen White 5MT, Sold RIP
1994 Turbo Sedan, Crimson Pearl 5MT, from British Columbia-no rust!
DLC
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by DLC »

If you haven't checked already, the original knock sensors on many of these cars are faulty and should be replaced. I'll get around to it, because i'm almost certain that my hesitation is because of it.

Dave
Legacy Central
2001 Legacy Outback Wagon | 2005 OB XT LTD | 1997 Legacy Outback Limited | 1998 Legacy L Wagon | 2000 GT Limited | 93 Legacy Touring Wagon 5MT | 90 Legacy L+