94 tail lights from england on a USDM 94 SS

Headlights to tailights and everything in between.

Moderators: Helpinators, Moderators

know1
Second Gear

94 tail lights from england on a USDM 94 SS

Post by know1 »

Hey everyone, I fit about as much detail as I could in the topic without it being huge. But basically I bought the tail lights off of a 94 subaru legacy sedan turbo in England off of ebay (the corners are already cleared out :)) and I was wondering if they would fit on a USDM 94 subaru legacy sedan turbo. It seams like a silly question but before i commit the money I would just like to double check.

Thanks
BAC5.2

Post by BAC5.2 »

They will probably fit, but wasnt the UK MY94 our MY95? Probably not, the two tail lights look WAY different.

How much did you pay? You probably could have bought mine for less.
2009 Outback 2.5XT. 5MT. Satin White Pearl.
2009 Impreza 2.5i Premium. Blue.

[quote="scottzg"]...I'm not a fan of the vagina...[/quote][quote="evolutionmovement"]This will all go much easier if people stop doubting me.[/quote]
know1
Second Gear

Post by know1 »

I haven't paid for them, and the guy said he would be just as happy relisting them. i paid about $100, do your have cleared corners?
dscoobydoo
Fifth Gear

Post by dscoobydoo »

Pics would be nice.

( as Visuals make things easier.)
Yes I have too many Subarus
No you can't have one
05 GD-STI
01- RS- Swapped-07 STI
00- GF
93 SS- "the original Robtune" (now in new hands)
know1
Second Gear

Post by know1 »

they look exactly the same...but the turn signal plastic is white instead of orange
ericem
Fifth Gear

Post by ericem »

he could have just baked the lights and lifted the lens and just take out the reflictor inside, but i can not see why they would not fit, possibly different wiring.
1993 Subaru Legacy L AWD Wagon R.I.P
1994 Subaru Legacy SS R.I.P :(
2004 Nissan Titan LE 4X4
2007 Subaru Legacy GT :)
know1
Second Gear

Post by know1 »

he definitely could have, although I am pretty sure that like on the impreza, the EDM/JDM rear lights have cleared corners OEM with just an orange bulb in there. Either way I have gotten them sent to me so we will see when they get here from England :)
know1
Second Gear

Post by know1 »

ok guys, sorry for re-posting but i found a car with the exact lights in the top left corner of the site.

so the lights i am buying look just like that.

On another note, where do I get that trunk without the continuation of the tail lights on it like the USDM ones?
ericem
Fifth Gear

Post by ericem »

know1 wrote:ok guys, sorry for re-posting but i found a car with the exact lights in the top left corner of the site.

so the lights i am buying look just like that.

On another note, where do I get that trunk without the continuation of the tail lights on it like the USDM ones?
maybe he painted that piece?
1993 Subaru Legacy L AWD Wagon R.I.P
1994 Subaru Legacy SS R.I.P :(
2004 Nissan Titan LE 4X4
2007 Subaru Legacy GT :)
legacy4ever
Second Gear

Post by legacy4ever »

Hi,

I'm from Europe, so I'll try to help a little :D

First of all, the EDM tails will fit your USDM car. I did such swap, only different way, installed USDM tails on my '93 EDM Legacy. The wiring is like 1:1, only the EDMs have the rear fog lights (inner lamps), so it's up to you, if you wire the additional switch for them or just hook em up to the brakelights and have 4 of them ;-)

AFAIK only the MY92 Legacy had white turn signals, the later models had amber blinkers, i.e. my '93 had also amber, so I swapped with MY92. Of course you can try to get rid of the amber insert from later tails, but it's a real PITA and the turn lights lost their characteristic. (believe me, I did it).

here a little comparison: my Leg with MY93 tails

and here the same car with MY92 tail lights

here as I swaped with the USDM tails

As for the trunk panel, it's also a EDM thing, or ADM, cause only the euro Legacys and aussie Libertys had such rear garnish. It's not paintad, It's just to mount the license plate. Just ask the guy who's selling you teh tails. maybe he has one for sale. or ask me, I got mine removed :-D
Or you can paint your USDM to match the rest...

I hope that clears something up :D
Ben
93MY EUDM Legacy EJ22
know1
Second Gear

Post by know1 »

hey man, I would love to get your old trunk light cover thingy, email me how much the shipping would be at

nice_scientist555@hotmail.com (take away the 555)