23 psi on a 16g... Kinda crazy?

Subaru-related topics that don't belong anywhere else...

Moderators: Helpinators, Moderators

PacmanSTI
Will Be Missed

23 psi on a 16g... Kinda crazy?

Post by PacmanSTI »

So last week I finally get my new injectors and rails installed. I had been having problems with maxing out my stock ones... Of course. Put em in, take it out. I started small at 15 psi. Keep in mind... the car is rear wheel drive with a wrx tranny and rear diff. So, at 15 psi burns the tires clear off til redline in 2nd. Decided I would take it a little higher. As it sits right now i'm running 22psi on a 16g with a tial 44mm external gate and some other goodies. The car pulls harder then a 2.5l 18g wrx that made 318whp. -shrugs- So needless to say its fun. Looking forward to the future, big things to come... I'll keep you posted.
Innovative Tuning
Second Gear

Post by Innovative Tuning »

If you have an intercooler OR meth injection that sounds pretty normal to me...
magicmike
Fifth Gear

Post by magicmike »

The only meth I see around here is crytal meth.
-Mike

2011 Infiniti G37x Sedan - Current
2007 Ducati 800ss - Current
1994 Subaru Legacy Sport Wagon (White)
1994 Subaru Legacy Sport Wagon (Silver)
2003 Infiniri G35
1998 Infiniti I30t
1995 Honda Civic DX
1987 Subaru GL Wagon
1987 Subaru Loyale
555BCTurbo
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by 555BCTurbo »

I hope you have Engine Management, because you will be maxing out the MAF around 15 psi...which = detonation!
Nick

1987 Audi 4000CS quattro...soon to be 20VT
1994 Dodge Ram 2500 4x4 CTD, #11 plate, 30 psi, Scotty II intake, 4" exhaust
BAC5.2

Post by BAC5.2 »

That's my old car. It's got more intercooler than most people would know what to do with.

I rode in it today, and Edwin is not jokin around. He's gotta be pretty close to 300whp. It's fast.
2009 Outback 2.5XT. 5MT. Satin White Pearl.
2009 Impreza 2.5i Premium. Blue.

[quote="scottzg"]...I'm not a fan of the vagina...[/quote][quote="evolutionmovement"]This will all go much easier if people stop doubting me.[/quote]
magicmike
Fifth Gear

Post by magicmike »

BAC5.2 wrote:That's my old car. It's got more intercooler than most people would know what to do with.

I rode in it today, and Edwin is not jokin around. He's gotta be pretty close to 300whp. It's fast.
ahh ok comment retracted...nubie spoken for lol.
-Mike

2011 Infiniti G37x Sedan - Current
2007 Ducati 800ss - Current
1994 Subaru Legacy Sport Wagon (White)
1994 Subaru Legacy Sport Wagon (Silver)
2003 Infiniri G35
1998 Infiniti I30t
1995 Honda Civic DX
1987 Subaru GL Wagon
1987 Subaru Loyale
BAC5.2

Post by BAC5.2 »

Wow, the car made 271whp and 317.8lb-ft.

[quote="scottzg"]...I'm not a fan of the vagina...[/quote][quote="evolutionmovement"]This will all go much easier if people stop doubting me.[/quote]
Innovative Tuning
Second Gear

What kind of dyno?
Richard
Third Gear

Post by Richard »

Damn that's nice!
-2004 Liquid Silver WRX "Pretty Hate Machine"
BAC5.2

Post by BAC5.2 »

Does it matter what kind of dyno? A Dynapak here will perform differently than a Dynapak in Japan, will perform differently than a Mustang in Turkey, will perform differently than a Dynojet in Alaska.

It's a guide, and should be used as such.

But I do think it was a Mustang dyno.

Innovative Tuning
Second Gear

BAC5.2 wrote:Does it matter what kind of dyno? A Dynapak here will perform differently than a Dynapak in Japan, will perform differently than a Mustang in Turkey, will perform differently than a Dynojet in Alaska.

It's a guide, and should be used as such.

But I do think it was a Mustang dyno.
Because as I'm sure you know there's a big difference between any mustang dyno and any dynojet unless the correction factors have been tampered with or roller weights etc. Since you say it was on a Mustang dyno, that makes the numbers more impressive. If the numbers were meaningless you wouldn't have posted them at all. :)
BAC5.2

Post by BAC5.2 »

But isn't there also a difference between any two mustang dynos?

I posted numbers because it's exciting to see a Legacy Turbo make over 300lb-ft on a relatively tiny turbo.

PacmanSTI
Will Be Missed

Post by PacmanSTI »

555BCTurbo wrote:I hope you have Engine Management, because you will be maxing out the MAF around 15 psi...which = detonation!
Right now i'm just running a piggy-back Turboxs Dtec Fuel computer. And as for the Maf problem, I more or less tricked my way around it. I'm running 600cc injectors and JECS maf. So basically by having to compensate in the negatives for the injectors causes the MAF to believe i'm flowing less air, thus less fuel, thus lower MAF voltage.

P.S.
I just picked up my up-pipe adapter and downpipe for my rotated gt30r, and my Hydra will be here in a couple of weeks... Oh yea, and clutchless shifting with a PPG 1-4 dogbox is badass!
Innovative Tuning
Second Gear

I hope they figured out the wiring on the legacy SS since the last time they said they had a plug and play solution. ;)
555BCTurbo
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by 555BCTurbo »

PacmanSTI wrote:
555BCTurbo wrote:I hope you have Engine Management, because you will be maxing out the MAF around 15 psi...which = detonation!
Right now i'm just running a piggy-back Turboxs Dtec Fuel computer. And as for the Maf problem, I more or less tricked my way around it. I'm running 600cc injectors and JECS maf. So basically by having to compensate in the negatives for the injectors causes the MAF to believe i'm flowing less air, thus less fuel, thus lower MAF voltage.

That'll work
:D
Nick

1987 Audi 4000CS quattro...soon to be 20VT
1994 Dodge Ram 2500 4x4 CTD, #11 plate, 30 psi, Scotty II intake, 4" exhaust
rallysam
Fourth Gear

Post by rallysam »

Wow, sweet. Great to hear what happened to the car next.

So that's still on the stock heads?
'00 Impr RS - sold
'91 Legacy Turbo 5MT - mothballed
13psi, TurboXS TBE, WRX IC, Hallman MBC, TurboXS FCD, KYB AGX, Phil's STI seat, SPT short shifter, David Carter hood, Zeitronix widebandO2, Kuhmo rally tires, STI IC spray, thanks:gearboxtech.com
PacmanSTI
Will Be Missed

Post by PacmanSTI »

rallysam wrote:Wow, sweet. Great to hear what happened to the car next.

So that's still on the stock heads?
Unfortunately. I have a set of DOHC 2.5 heads but i'm still unsure as to what EXACTLY I need to do to make them function properly with the stock ECU and piggyback along with the actual physical fitment as I am not going to be doing the hydra until early march sometime.

Sidenote: Does anyone know whether or not USDM STI injectors will fit in N/A 92-94 fuel rails??
Innovative Tuning wrote:I hope they figured out the wiring on the legacy SS since the last time they said they had a plug and play solution. :wink:
After speaking with Phil from Element tuning he assured me that it would work. We're working with getting them some info on specific's with cam and crank trigger signals so I can get this thing going. I'm crossing my fingers!!
xcntrk75
In Neutral

Post by xcntrk75 »

I saw this monster yesterday… Edwin’s definitely pulling out all the stops with a number of tricks up his sleeves. Phil you’re going to be jealous... :smt016

PS: I look forward to owning your ass once you get that beast up and running ;)
BAC5.2

Post by BAC5.2 »

Anthony, did you see it before or after he toyed with it again?

I'll let him tell you all, but it's gone to a new level.

xcntrk75
In Neutral

Post by xcntrk75 »

I saw it around the time he sent you the cell-pic... I don't want to spoil it and will let him post all the juicy details... Interesting upgrades that's for sure...