Same sh!t different day!

Headlights to tailights and everything in between.

Moderators: Helpinators, Moderators

rally370
Second Gear

Same sh!t different day!

Post by rally370 »

I changed the fuel pump for one of HF jobs. No change! The engine still runs rough below 3000rpm. When I had that problem before it was much worse until I changed the MAF. If I put my hand half over the MAf intake (once unbolted from the air box) the engine speeds up and runs better. If I pitch the fuel return pipe the engine speeds up. To me it seems to be not getting enough fuel. If I diconnected the white wire (heater) on the O2 sensor the engine runs much better but still seems to be a little down on power.

With the wire white connected the engine is really dead below 3000rpm then picks and runs well.

What does this white wire do? will screw up my ECU when disconnected?

At this rate competing at Rim is looking a long shot.
Cheers

Chris

Rally Legacy AWD #370 gone! Rally Suzuki swift GTI N1 #370 parted out. Now Mini Cooper #370 with STI suspension in Costa Rica
Innovative Tuning
Second Gear

Post by Innovative Tuning »

What check engine codes do you have?
rally370
Second Gear

Post by rally370 »

I have not checked that yet. Maybe I should buy a scam tool and check or grab the book and figure it out. I would figure seeing as I've disconnected the white wire that the error will be the O2 sensor. If I get time today I will check but my wife is on my case as I only come home for the wekends and spend most of the time on the car......not good. Mind you I did suggest she took an interest and tried to fix the problem!
Cheers

Chris

Rally Legacy AWD #370 gone! Rally Suzuki swift GTI N1 #370 parted out. Now Mini Cooper #370 with STI suspension in Costa Rica
rally370
Second Gear

Post by rally370 »

I couldn't find the wire to check the codes. A friend said it was the green plug that I connect but when i did it just sent the electics crazy. I'm almost sure it's fuel/Air ratio thing . I put my hand half over the MAF intake and the engine runs good. So maybe the white wire coming off screwed up the MAf or ECU. I plan to swap out both to do a test.
Cheers

Chris

Imprezive
Fourth Gear

Post by Imprezive »

its not the green connector its the black one.
1992 T-Leg = 195whp 197wtq SOLD :(
1988 4Runner RIP
2006 Suzuki DRZ400sm
2007 Miata
1994 Miata
2003 WRX Wagon
2016 Mazda 3
rally370
Second Gear

Post by rally370 »

Thanks for the info. Now all I to do is find the black plug! So I connect them? In my book it says pull 'em apart I would if I could find the plug!
Cheers

Chris

jamal
Vendor
Vendor

Post by jamal »

Josh has a write up for checking the codes on his site:

http://www.surrealmirage.com/subaru/subaru.html

it's under notes and tips -> engine related

Hey I was going to PM you this week to see if you were going to be at rim and stuff.
rally370
Second Gear

Post by rally370 »

Jamal,

Thanks for the link. If I'm in the US I will be there. I've signed up/paid up. This will be my last rally before heading east so I have to try and do it.
Cheers

Chris

206er
Fifth Gear

Post by 206er »

I doubt its totally your problem but have you replaced the fuel filter lately? maybe something is not grounded well enough? dirty maf?
1994 Touring Wagon: ruby mica, 5mt swapped
rally370
Second Gear

Post by rally370 »

Jeremy,

Fuel filter is new. MAF is clean. Ground? mmm I will have to check. The thing that puzzles me is it runs OK if I put my hand half over the MAf intake. I has to fuel/air ratio but as no one has any solutions.
Cheers

Chris