06 TMIC interfere with AC lines?

Front, Top, Air, Water.

Moderators: Helpinators, Moderators

Radial GT1
First Gear

06 TMIC interfere with AC lines?

Post by Radial GT1 »

I am planning on adding an 06 WRX intercooler to my SS. Do I have to modify my AC lines? I would almost rather install a smaller SAAB intercooler if I had to modify the Air Conditioning lines. Is it worth modifying the AC lines if that is the case?
00 Camry; No wrenchin', just drive. Thank you Japan!

93 Legacy SS 4Eat 96K; All the wrenching I could ask for.

[quote="un-named"]What a man & a woman, and another man with a sheep & a midget want to do is their own business...[/quote]
NuclearBacon
Second Gear

Post by NuclearBacon »

...just my $0.02, if you dont care about AC, then mod, but do all else before modding anything on the AC.
Radial GT1
First Gear

Post by Radial GT1 »

I do care very much about the AC system. So perphaps I'll be holding off on touching it at all for the mean time.

[quote="un-named"]What a man & a woman, and another man with a sheep & a midget want to do is their own business...[/quote]
Bane
First Gear

Post by Bane »

i paid $400 cdn to swap my metal pipes to rubber hoses, retrofit r134 instead of the r12, just so that i could fit the intercooler.

the y-pipe elbows wouldn't fit in with the old a/c lines.

expensive, but totally worth not cooking in the summer

:D

what can i say, i live in the car, and i'm a wimp...

lol
James L

'07 Magnum SXT - not stock
-
'93 Legacy Turbo SS - 5spd conv, vf34, intercooled, K&N, dual stage mbc 11/16psi, hks 3" turbo-back w/hi-flow cat, kyb's, ADR 18" rims w/225/35/18zr's, 7" touch screen w/race camera
mr soul
Second Gear

Post by mr soul »

I put some pressure on the metal one that leaves the firewall and would typically go over the pitch stop. Bend it down some and install it below the pitch stop. You don't have to bend it much at all, the pitch stop holds it out of the way. I've done this on all the top mount IC installs on SS's.

No expensive mod, just relocate it.
Retired but still rocking a 98 Coupe with the heart of a turbo legacy :)
Bane
First Gear

Post by Bane »

yeah, unfortunately in my case, i had a stupid metal bend that went up right into the path of the left ic inlet... even when i tried to just stuff it under the pitchmount, the "dogleg" upwards was still in the way. don't know if it applies or not.
James L

'07 Magnum SXT - not stock
-
'93 Legacy Turbo SS - 5spd conv, vf34, intercooled, K&N, dual stage mbc 11/16psi, hks 3" turbo-back w/hi-flow cat, kyb's, ADR 18" rims w/225/35/18zr's, 7" touch screen w/race camera
dscoobydoo
Fifth Gear

Post by dscoobydoo »

Go get a $5 line from a N/A car ( in a Junkyard) and take your line from your compressor and have them mated together.
Results: no more dogleg, a new hose and you can make the 06 intercooler fit.

I thought it was worth the $50 total it cost me to do this.
Yes I have too many Subarus
No you can't have one
05 GD-STI
01- RS- Swapped-07 STI
00- GF
93 SS- "the original Robtune" (now in new hands)
Radial GT1
First Gear

Post by Radial GT1 »

^ this is what I will end up doing. It is just going to take a bit more dickin' around than I was hoping. But for the effect worth doing it I guess. Just going to take a bit more work that basically will equal time. I don't want to spend much money on anything outside getting the IC and BOV. I can do 50 extra bucks.