I love driving again!

Show us your Legacy pictures and videos.

Moderator: Moderators

Redlined
Fourth Gear

I love driving again!

Post by Redlined »

Finally. my very own Legecy SS. ok. Its not the preface 5spd I wanted .

But I saw it and fell in love. Without futher adue. Heres Angel.

not the best photo. Done with my Phonecam at a rest stop. Ill get better pics when ever I finally make it home.

1993 Legacy SS Auto. Alpine white with black interior.

166k on the chassis. BOTH the engine and trans rebuilt less than 10k ago ((got receipts)). car drives FLAWLESSLY.

All kinds of quick, quick blip of the throttle at any speed and it just squirts forward! Drives glass smooth at 60mph. wind noise in the windows at 70mph . 90mph without any indication of having to try. ((was following somebody who, evidently, sped up and I didnt notice until I looked down))

The bad, or not good, or almost good but not. oh never mind. Miner Cracks in the Windshield. Thumbnail sized dent in the drivers rear quarter. Wind noise at freeway speeds. (( Is this hereditary cause my 90 L (The Lemming) did the same thing. ))

Im so excited I could just drive the weekend away! *jumps up and down clapping hands and giggling like a schoolgirl*
[/img]
Last edited by Redlined on Mon Apr 16, 2007 4:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dave
Knowledgeable

Post by evolutionmovement »

Stick 1/4 tubing in the folds of the front window seals.
Midnight in a Perfect World on Amazon or order anywhere. The first book in a quartet chronicling the rise of a man from angry criminal to philanthropist. Midnight... is a distopic noirish novel featuring 'Duchess', a modified 1990 Subaru Legacy wagon.
Redlined
Fourth Gear

Post by Redlined »

Great tip! Ill do that! thanks!
Dave

Post by Murphy »

why didnt i ever think of that, ill have to try it as well

very nice, a few nicks and dents are nothing, im not much on looks of a car as long as it drives nice
1990 Legacy LS, 4EAT
1983 Peugeot 505S Turbo Diesel
smh0101
Fifth Gear

Post by smh0101 »

Wow that looks exactly like mine.
Same year and color.
Its my car's twin!

I'll have to put that in the window to attempt and stop some wind noise.
~Spencer
94 Legacy Turbo (550 Robtune/ej20h v2 Sti RA drivetrain)
94 Legacy Ti Wagon (5mt ej22e)
91 rhd Legacy GT Wagon (factory 5mt, ej20g)
93 rhd Legacy GT type S2 Sedan (4eat, ej20g)
91 rhd Legacy Ti Type S 1.8
03 Lincoln LS V8 Sport
08 300 SRT8
Redlined
Fourth Gear

Post by Redlined »

If I manage to get back into Vanc. we will have to do some "Mirror image" photos of the cars together.

Have to do it before tooooo long though. I still have the GT wheels from "The Lemming" and i'm itching to put them on!
Dave

Post by thefultonhow »

Taking the mirrors off and clamping the window gussets closed for about 15 seconds fixes the wind noise problem completely for about six months. After that, you have to do it again, but it's a 15-minute-per-side job (take off the interior door panel, take off the triangle trim piece, undo the mirror screws, clamp, reverse process) and costs nothing if you already have a C-clamp and a phillips-head screwdriver.
-- David

1990 Subaru Legacy L+ 4WD Wagon 5MT, white with 66k miles -- SOLD
[url=http://www.g20.net/forum/showthread.php?t=66214]1992 Infiniti G20 5MT[/url], White Sandstone with 175k miles
evolutionmovement
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

I just lower the windows and squeeze with a rag under the jaws to not damage anything. Rubber tubing is easy, only about .$30/window, eliminates most of the noise, and lasts at least 4 years (about how long I've had mine. Used teflon rod before that the body shop lost). You might want to do both techniques since neither took care of all the noise alone, but you may be satisfied with one. I'm real anal about noises and rattles and such so I'm not easily pleased. I got strut bars just to eliminate creaks (worked).
Midnight in a Perfect World on Amazon or order anywhere. The first book in a quartet chronicling the rise of a man from angry criminal to philanthropist. Midnight... is a distopic noirish novel featuring 'Duchess', a modified 1990 Subaru Legacy wagon.
ericem
Fifth Gear

Post by ericem »

Ur telling me every time i hear a crackle or a TINY bit of wind noise it drives me crazy! So far on the passenger side i shoved some fuel line i use in my rc hobby in the door seal and it sealed it out, but on the driver side it didn't work, so im guessing its the mirror gasket, im going to remove the mirror and ill put some silicone bead around the edges of triangle, and get the spacer kit for the gasket hoping it eliminates ALL WIND noise. This problem should not reoccur.
1993 Subaru Legacy L AWD Wagon R.I.P
1994 Subaru Legacy SS R.I.P :(
2004 Nissan Titan LE 4X4
2007 Subaru Legacy GT :)
Redlined
Fourth Gear

Post by Redlined »

Im assuming you mean 1/4" outer diamater. I went to the local Schmucks and asked for "1/4 inch vacume tubing" they tried to sell me 1/4" inner diamater tubing (about 3/8" outer diamater) at $1.10 a foot. ( figured 16' to do all four doors on the car ). seemed a bit steep and figured Id get a clairification.
Dave

Post by thefultonhow »

Redlined wrote:.
Im assuming you mean 1/4" outer diamater. I went to the local Schmucks and asked for "1/4 inch vacume tubing" they tried to sell me 1/4" inner diamater tubing (about 3/8" outer diamater) at $1.10 a foot. ( figured 16' to do all four doors on the car ). seemed a bit steep and figured Id get a clairification.
You only need to stick it in the window gussets, I think... You certainly don't need to do the rear windows.
-- David

1990 Subaru Legacy L+ 4WD Wagon 5MT, white with 66k miles -- SOLD
[url=http://www.g20.net/forum/showthread.php?t=66214]1992 Infiniti G20 5MT[/url], White Sandstone with 175k miles
evolutionmovement
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Any kind of 1/4 OD rubberish tubing. You only need enough to run inside the leading edge of the front window and a little over the top corner. Maybe 14" each side.