what to do?

That spinning thing that makes all of the cool noises. OE and Aftermarket.

Moderators: Helpinators, Moderators

asc_up
Fifth Gear

what to do?

Post by asc_up »

so i just bought my second subaru legacy.... except this one is a 91 legacy sport sedan :D

haha.

so my question is: aside from installing an intercooler what should i do?

i was thinking about adding a MBC and and BOV (just so i can hear the sound of my new turbo car lol). what companies and models should i use for the MBC and BOV??
-Aaron

2000 Audi S4 - 2.7L Twin-turbo, 6 Speed

[quote="evolutionmovement"]It was me. And those are my balls. Happy Sunday![/quote]
IronMonkeyL255
Fourth Gear

Post by IronMonkeyL255 »

I would not recommend a BOV. Many leak at idle, causing idle issues, as well as the fact that our car use a MAF sensor to calculate the fuel needed. When blowing off (like when shifting), your car will run rich.

If you MUST have one, GFB (GoFastBits) makes one that is both atmospheric and recirculating (and probably some other companies, but they are the only one that comes to mind). You can change the amount you vent to atmosphere, so it drastically decreases the amount you run rich.

As for MBC, avoid the eBay ones. I got one just for shits and giggles, and it must have been designed by a chimp on crack. It made absolutely no sense, as it seemed to be attempting to mimic 3 different design principles and failing miserably.

Other than that, the TurboXS one I have heard good things about. It uses a ceramic ball, so there is no chance of corrosion, and it seems to respond very well.

Just do a search on here for those topics and see what comes up. There is a wealth of info here, so use it.
Disclaimer: If anything I post is inaccurate, please correct me. I do not wish to add to the misinformation floating around on the internet.

That being said, everything I post is accurate to the best of my knowledge.

Rio Red '91 Legacy SS
asc_up
Fifth Gear

Post by asc_up »

ok cool.

thank you so much for your help.
-Aaron

2000 Audi S4 - 2.7L Twin-turbo, 6 Speed

[quote="evolutionmovement"]It was me. And those are my balls. Happy Sunday![/quote]
FuJi K
First Gear

Post by FuJi K »

what I did w/ my EJ22T swap into my '99 Impreza was run a complete headerback, w/ TD04L, WRX TMIC w/ modded/extended Perrin y-pipe & Perrin VTA BOV, boosting at 14psi w/ Turbo XS MBC aided by a Turbo XS FCD & WRX fuel pump.

a fairly quick setup.... not sure how fast....but, hanging w/ EVO8 w/ exhaust. Mid-high 13's??
MY99 GF4 5spd DIY Modified