New Hot Cobra: 0 - 120mph in 4.9

This is for non-Subaru related topics. Keep it realistic please.

Moderator: Moderators

Subtle
Third Gear

New Hot Cobra: 0 - 120mph in 4.9

Post by Subtle »

Weineck Cobra--made in Germany with 780 cubic inch engine.

That's 12.9 L of V8.

Hope this works:

www.webwombat.com.au/motoring/news_reports

then search for weineck cobra
Subtle (normally aspirated engines suck):
05 Legacy GT Wagon with Cobb chip.
62 Alfa Romeo Spider- had a 1.6 L with 80 hp, now 2 L with 160 torque. Curb weight 2050 lbs.
93 Leg Twgn fmic, vf34, etc. ((sold))
BAC5.2

Post by BAC5.2 »

That's pretty slick.
2009 Outback 2.5XT. 5MT. Satin White Pearl.
2009 Impreza 2.5i Premium. Blue.

[quote="scottzg"]...I'm not a fan of the vagina...[/quote][quote="evolutionmovement"]This will all go much easier if people stop doubting me.[/quote]
skid542
Fifth Gear

Post by skid542 »

Agreed. It's nice to finally see a high power super car that has a true old-school sports car look to it. If it only has a 4 sp tranny, I wonder how low they have it geared and what the top gear runs out to. I doubt it will hit the high speed of the Bugatti due to aerodynamics, but that thing still gotta fly.
Lee

93' SS, 5mt swapped, 182k, not stock...
96' N/A OBW 5sp, 212k, Couple mods... RIP
99' N/A OBW, 4eat, mostly stock.
Adam West
Fourth Gear

Post by Adam West »

93SS 5MT White, TD05-16G, TMIC, 3"Turboback, Magnaflow, Alu Rad, H&R Sports, AGX struts, F/R STBs, Whiteline Sways, ALK+Endlinks, Odyssey 925, AC delete, Evo8 Recaros, Sparco 4p, 3.9 LSD, Hellas+air horns, IPD short throw, 99RSrims, s03's
PhyrraM
Fourth Gear

Post by PhyrraM »

While I can appreciate the effort and engineering that went into those Cobras, I am still left wondering....Why? :?

That much power is not, has not and will never be usable or even enjoyable on the street. Now if we are talking chest pounding and bragging rights.... :twisted:

But, then again, I've always been one to stand around scratching my head at what others will spend thier money on. I'm sure many do the same to me in return. :-D
'93 Winestone SS Auto, '91 Pearl White SS.
'93 Pure White SS EJ20G slanty intercooled, SIDESWIPED! In stasis.
'94 FWD and '95 AWD Laguna Blue SVXs.
2017 Pure Red BRZ Limited w/Performance pack
BAC5.2

Post by BAC5.2 »

Not usable on the street to who?

A motorcycle is good for basic transportation. There is no reason to ride a 1000cc motorcycle on the street. Vehicles that can clear 200mph and run 10 second quarter miles in stock form. There is no reason, yet, people do it.

I'm pretty sure I'd find some use for 1200hp on the street.

[quote="scottzg"]...I'm not a fan of the vagina...[/quote][quote="evolutionmovement"]This will all go much easier if people stop doubting me.[/quote]
evolutionmovement
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by evolutionmovement »

Yeah, making friends with every gas station attendent, comitting suicide, or mass murder.
Midnight in a Perfect World on Amazon or order anywhere. The first book in a quartet chronicling the rise of a man from angry criminal to philanthropist. Midnight... is a distopic noirish novel featuring 'Duchess', a modified 1990 Subaru Legacy wagon.
BAC5.2

Post by BAC5.2 »

I'm responsible enough to be judicious with my right foot. I don't suffer from the "my turbo spooled at 1200RPM and I lost control" syndrome.

But I probably would track the car. Because there you can run 345 width Hoosier soft's and get them hot enough to be able to hook up... in 3rd gear.

PhyrraM
Fourth Gear

Post by PhyrraM »

I wasn't saying that you can't drive it on the street. I would not pass up the opportunity to take it for a spin. I was simply refering to being able to use more than 300-400 HP in a rear wheel drive car on the street. That leaves ~800HP as unusable.

IMO, of course. :P
rallysam
Fourth Gear

Post by rallysam »

Wow, that much horsepower, without the last couple decades of aerodynamics technology, is a recipe for disaster!

I love the look of those old cobras though. One of my favorites.
'00 Impr RS - sold
'91 Legacy Turbo 5MT - mothballed
13psi, TurboXS TBE, WRX IC, Hallman MBC, TurboXS FCD, KYB AGX, Phil's STI seat, SPT short shifter, David Carter hood, Zeitronix widebandO2, Kuhmo rally tires, STI IC spray, thanks:gearboxtech.com
206er
Fifth Gear

Post by 206er »

my neighbor has a factory 5 with a worked 347. I havent got a ride in it but soon hopefully.
the weineck would be a great track car, or street car if you lived in say central montana or nevada. in my town there is a freakin shit ton of cops and they are always on the prowl and hiding in different places so probably wouldnt work too well.
1994 Touring Wagon: ruby mica, 5mt swapped
evolutionmovement
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

I hardly have opportunity to use the 160 HP in my Mazda.
Midnight in a Perfect World on Amazon or order anywhere. The first book in a quartet chronicling the rise of a man from angry criminal to philanthropist. Midnight... is a distopic noirish novel featuring 'Duchess', a modified 1990 Subaru Legacy wagon.
BAC5.2

Post by BAC5.2 »

IMO the perfect amount of street-car-power is in the 350 to 450whp range. Fast enough to be fun, but likely able to still have low-speed drivability. By buddy has a 366whp GTO, and it's quick, but being a bit faster would be more fun.

You don't need 1200whp to have fun in the turns, but all-out acceleration is fun! You don't even need 100hp to have fun in the turns (look at the Miata!)

evolutionmovement
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Or look at a T-Rex with 150. That's where I'm heading. If this damn state lets me register my design as a motorcycle, I'll be looking at 40+ mpg, 0-60 in the 5s, and well over a g lateral with weather protection, relatively comfortable seating for 2, a little luggage space, and enough size (and weirdness) to make sure oblivious drivers see it.
PhyrraM
Fourth Gear

Post by PhyrraM »

Man, I used to drool over the T-Rex. Now I'm all about the Arial Atom. That thing is just about perfect, other than the price.

Once I get the SS to where I want it (soon hopefully) I'm gonna build a locost (Lotus 7 clone) with spare parts I have laying around the garage. Mostly Miata suspension with a T-bird SC motor/5-speed combo. I'm hoping for 250 HP/350 Lb/ft of torque at about 1500-1800 pounds wet.

Because I already have 80% of the actual hardware my cost to build should be less than 5 grand. (crosses fingers)
entirelyturbo
quasi-mod-o
quasi-mod-o

Post by entirelyturbo »

You know what's cool about that Cobra? It's actually tuned. Even from 12.9 liters, 1100hp is impressive with no FI. They didn't just decide to make the car fast by simply slapping a huge engine into it and not bothering to tune it properly.
2000 Subaru Legacy B4 RSK

"Der Wahnsinn ist nur eine schmale Brücke/die Ufer sind Vernunft und Trieb"

*Formerly DerFahrer*

@entirelyturbo on social media, including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and TikTok