what do ya think about the new hatch body style

Subaru-related topics that don't belong anywhere else...

Moderators: Helpinators, Moderators

thehookeup
Third Gear

what do ya think about the new hatch body style

Post by thehookeup »

so i might be by myself when i say that the new hatch back wrx is awesome looking. stock absolutely not. but i think that the potential for them is unreal. personally i think its a great step for Subaru. i have loved every body style impreza but this is the best yet. all hale the new sti lol jk.

-93 2.2T (RIP), 93 N/A best car on earth.
-00 legGT, 18" PIAA sport mesh wheels, front/rear Rallitek sways, lowered whitelines, coming soon: 2.5L sti internals, 20g heads P&P, twin charged. motor is almost ready to go in.
Andrew
NuclearBacon
Second Gear

Post by NuclearBacon »

If i wanted to buy a 2002 Focus....

.....i'd pay the 2000 bucks and get a WRC wing for it....

I think its a shame. not to dog on ANYONES opinion.... but....

i mean, at least make it a coupe again or SOMETHING!!!!! i think it a tragedy... BUT! subarus have never been known to be the most attractive cars out there....

I hope the drivetrain ROCKS THE HELL out of the car.... cuz the exterior sure wont sell the thing...

my $0.02
-Luigi-
....Yes like nintendo
1987 GL10 Sedan 3.700 LSD
1988 XT6 FT4WD 3.900 Diff Lock
1992 EJ22T Touring Wagon 5MT Swap 4.111
555BCTurbo
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by 555BCTurbo »

I'll stick with my 92 Legacy...

Hopefully there will be some good bolt-ons once people start wrecking those things :o
Nick

1987 Audi 4000CS quattro...soon to be 20VT
1994 Dodge Ram 2500 4x4 CTD, #11 plate, 30 psi, Scotty II intake, 4" exhaust
evolutionmovement
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by evolutionmovement »

Subaru is dead to me. And I heard they're discontinuing the Legacy wagon altogether, just keeping the Outback. They no longer make anything I would buy. I'm hoping Fiat sends the 500 over or we get a reasonably priced Alfa 147 replacement and I'll take my chances with reliability. That is if the next Mazda 3 isn't better looking and stiffer than the current one.

At least Mitsubishi could really use the help.
Midnight in a Perfect World on Amazon or order anywhere. The first book in a quartet chronicling the rise of a man from angry criminal to philanthropist. Midnight... is a distopic noirish novel featuring 'Duchess', a modified 1990 Subaru Legacy wagon.
entirelyturbo
quasi-mod-o
quasi-mod-o

Post by entirelyturbo »

If you've read my NASIOC posts, you know how I feel about the new Impreza.

I don't have a problem with the hatch...

I don't have a problem with the front end...

I don't have a problem with anything except these two things:

1) The hatch has a right-side exhaust.

2) They both now have framed windows.

Subarus have frameless windows and left-side exhausts dammit! :evil:

The engine extremities are all from the Legacy, but the brakes are NOT, despite what SOA tells you. I got a parts catalogue update at work and have been comparing part numbers... they're 02-05 WRX brakes.

At least the Subaru gods did answer my prayer though... that ^#%$&*@'ing Edsel nose is gone.
2000 Subaru Legacy B4 RSK

"Der Wahnsinn ist nur eine schmale Brücke/die Ufer sind Vernunft und Trieb"

*Formerly DerFahrer*

@entirelyturbo on social media, including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and TikTok
thehookeup
Third Gear

Post by thehookeup »

haha i love hearing what people have to say
-00 legGT, 18" PIAA sport mesh wheels, front/rear Rallitek sways, lowered whitelines, coming soon: 2.5L sti internals, 20g heads P&P, twin charged. motor is almost ready to go in.
Andrew
ericem
Fifth Gear

Post by ericem »

I think its ugly. I like the 04-06 impreza's. I ain't driving no ford. Even the tribeca it looks like crap now IMO i prefered the old look as it was all unique. Now everything is being copied! Ill stick with my 93 for a LONG time.
1993 Subaru Legacy L AWD Wagon R.I.P
1994 Subaru Legacy SS R.I.P :(
2004 Nissan Titan LE 4X4
2007 Subaru Legacy GT :)
NuclearBacon
Second Gear

Post by NuclearBacon »

RIGHT SIDE EXHAUST AND./......AND!?!?!?!?!!? FRAMED WINDOWS!?!?!?!?!!?

FRAMED WINDOWS?!?!?!?!!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!?

WHAT THE CRAPIN SMEGGIN HELL IS THAT?!@!?!?!?!?!?!!?!?

....oh man, now i'm mad....
-Luigi-
....Yes like nintendo
MPtyza
Second Gear

Post by MPtyza »

I actually don't mind the hatchback body style. I kinda disliked it at first, but like all newer Subaru's, the styling is growing on me. It's a lot different, yes, but I don't believe it to be a bad difference.
-Mike

White 1988 XT6 FWD 5MT (#2) 229k
Rio Red 1991 Legacy SS 180k :( - Dead
BAC5.2

Post by BAC5.2 »

At least the Foresters look nice.

08 Forester XT Sports is a pretty good looking ride, and JDM FSTI bits bolt on to make it even better.

boo on the 08 Impreza.
2009 Outback 2.5XT. 5MT. Satin White Pearl.
2009 Impreza 2.5i Premium. Blue.

[quote="scottzg"]...I'm not a fan of the vagina...[/quote][quote="evolutionmovement"]This will all go much easier if people stop doubting me.[/quote]
evolutionmovement
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

And the Forester can shrug off hitting a deer at 70 like an old school Subaru.
Midnight in a Perfect World on Amazon or order anywhere. The first book in a quartet chronicling the rise of a man from angry criminal to philanthropist. Midnight... is a distopic noirish novel featuring 'Duchess', a modified 1990 Subaru Legacy wagon.
555BCTurbo
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by 555BCTurbo »

Subaru needs get quit tonguin' their shitter and import the Forester STi!!
Nick

1987 Audi 4000CS quattro...soon to be 20VT
1994 Dodge Ram 2500 4x4 CTD, #11 plate, 30 psi, Scotty II intake, 4" exhaust
Splinter
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by Splinter »

The new WRX is a joke.

In a day where the Evo is getting more aggressive visually and technically, the WRX is getting scaled back...

The WRX doesnt even have a rear LSD!
98 Steel Widebody RSTi-RA Superbeast
Murphy
Third Gear

Post by Murphy »

the rear lights scare me, it reminds me of some freaky cartoonish hawk
and the front looks just like ass, the Focus (older ones) look much better
1990 Legacy LS, 4EAT
1983 Peugeot 505S Turbo Diesel
Manarius
Fourth Gear

Post by Manarius »

If I wanted a Toyota Corolla, I'd go buy one.

Looks like ass.

The Edsel nose is better than that hatch. It's freakin' ugly.

I'll take 04-05 over that every day.
Manarius wrote:The Neo-Cons would call me a defeatist. I'd call me a realist. I'm realistically saying that a snowball has better chances in the blazes of hell than democracy has in Iraq.
1995 Polo Green Subaru SVX (189k miles - 08/2007-Present)
G-reg
Second Gear

Post by G-reg »

Well...the Mazdaspeed3 would be cool if it had awd, but Mazda was supposed to do that.
Missing a 92 L Wagon, Enjoying an 05 RS Wagon
ericem
Fifth Gear

Post by ericem »

Looks more like a Mazda 3 well EXACTLY the same really(sedan).
1993 Subaru Legacy L AWD Wagon R.I.P
1994 Subaru Legacy SS R.I.P :(
2004 Nissan Titan LE 4X4
2007 Subaru Legacy GT :)
NuclearBacon
Second Gear

Post by NuclearBacon »

i think this makes me angry too...

Notice any SIMILARITIES!!??!!? grrrrr...

and i agree... why does the EVO get to get more agressive and then ....this happens........

Also another thing that bugs me is Mitsu is advertising their EVO as "Rally Inspired" and they havent competed in the WRC since the end of 2005, and they're not coming back until 2009 AT THE EARLIEST...

and they say rally inspired...

i say LAME!
-Luigi-
....Yes like nintendo
BAC5.2

Post by BAC5.2 »

Splinter wrote:The WRX doesnt even have a rear LSD!
Yea it does. It's not a good LSD, but they all have them. Taken several 3.545 R160's apart to find the lamest excuse for an LSD ever, but an LSD all the same.

The Mazdaspeed3 is better off being FWD than getting the LAMEASS AWD setup from the MS6. The 6's awd feels like you're driving through pudding when it gets slippery.

I drove one, launched the crap out of it, and the front wheels spun like CRAZY and then the rears kind of hooked up. I'd rather it have been FWD. I could only imagine the frustration of trying to drive it in the snow.
2009 Outback 2.5XT. 5MT. Satin White Pearl.
2009 Impreza 2.5i Premium. Blue.

[quote="scottzg"]...I'm not a fan of the vagina...[/quote][quote="evolutionmovement"]This will all go much easier if people stop doubting me.[/quote]
evolutionmovement
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

The Mazdaspeed 3 doesn't need AWD and there's a reason in only costs about $23k even with direct injection.

Phil, the new WRX pictured is supposed to do without an LSD in favor of their electronic nanny control system.

The Subaru's not much better than Mitsubishi as far as rallying - they can't compete with privateer French teams.
thehookeup
Third Gear

Post by thehookeup »

555BCTurbo wrote:Subaru needs get quit tonguin' their shitter and import the Forester STi!!
agreed
Andrew
entirelyturbo
quasi-mod-o
quasi-mod-o

Post by entirelyturbo »

NuclearBacon wrote:RIGHT SIDE EXHAUST AND./......AND!?!?!?!?!!? FRAMED WINDOWS!?!?!?!?!!?

FRAMED WINDOWS?!?!?!?!!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!?

WHAT THE CRAPIN SMEGGIN HELL IS THAT?!@!?!?!?!?!?!!?!?

....oh man, now i'm mad....
Thank you! I'm glad to see we have another traditionalist.

People have been giving me a lot of flak for this on NASIOC, but to me, this symbolizes the "normalization" of Subaru. Yeah, the frameless windows were quirky and not 100% reliable, but they were a Subaru trademark, and in my opinion, cars with frameless windows have cleaner designs.

I really can't talk a whole lot about right-side exhausts. Strangely enough, my 79 has a right-side exiting exhaust. But that car is just weird anyway :lol:. Just like the windows, Subarus have had left-side exiting exhausts for almost 30 years.

Yeah, in case you all didn't know (I haven't officially announced it)... my grandparents have proposed that, if I graduate and sell my XT and 79, I will get a brand-new 08 Forester XT Sports, and I get to keep my Legacy. I'm 99% sure I'm gonna do it, and then I'll get the only new Subaru that I still like.
2000 Subaru Legacy B4 RSK

"Der Wahnsinn ist nur eine schmale Brücke/die Ufer sind Vernunft und Trieb"

*Formerly DerFahrer*

@entirelyturbo on social media, including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and TikTok
Murphy
Third Gear

Post by Murphy »

i havent heard a stock exhaust on a newer Subaru, are they anything like the older ones
most new cars its hard to tell if they are even runnig when you stand next to them, even at WOT someone standing streetside would never know the differance
thats what i like about my Leggy, its quiet at normal speeds but it roars in anger at the gods at WOT, if only it had the acutal power to match its sound :(
1990 Legacy LS, 4EAT
evolutionmovement
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

I also love the frameless windows. I like opening the door from the outside with the indoor handle when the windows are down and it's awkward with a frame.
Murphy
Third Gear

Post by Murphy »

the only thing out framless other than sealing is that it looks odd when you window is just cracked open, it exposes all 3 sides like a big triangle of glass in the middle of the window
1990 Legacy LS, 4EAT