engine gasket kits

Heads, valves, pistons, rods, crankshaft, etc...

Moderators: Helpinators, Moderators

jilo860
First Gear

engine gasket kits

Post by jilo860 »

i know its pretty hard to find stuff online for our cars but a gasket kit? i cant find a damn thing! my engine is currently out of the car and getting its head gaskets replaced. the engine has near 300k miles so it needs other stuff replaced also.
the dealer is obviously gonna rape me so i wouldnt mind finding somewhere else to buy from.

heres what im going to replace atm, feel free to add what you think is needed also

valve cover gaskets
head gaskets
oil pan gasket / rtv?
cam seals
engine mounts (completely trashed)
intake manifold gaskets
wrx clutch
timing belt
ps/alt belt
water pump

oh yea, never try to take the heads off while the engine is still in the car.... dont ask why.. :evil:
voodoochylde
First Gear

Post by voodoochylde »

I got an el-cheapo ebay Head Gasket kit for my Legacy. It came with two head gaskets, front cam seals, intake and exhaust manifold gaskets, valve stem seals, and a crapload of o-rings. Cost about 40 bucks with shipping.

If you're leery of this, you can order gasket kits from http://subarugenuineparts.com and get OEM-quality stuff.

http://boxer4racing.com sells STi engine and tranny mounts and could probably get you a clutch...dunno if it'd be out of a WRX but they sell 'em for the Rex.

Timing belt, water pump, accessory belts can all be gotten anywhere. Any autoparts store can get 'em but you can also get those from subarugenuinparts.com.

Hope that helps.
asc_up
Fifth Gear

Post by asc_up »

or go to subaruparts.com

they have gasket kits for our cars too.
-Aaron

2000 Audi S4 - 2.7L Twin-turbo, 6 Speed

[quote="evolutionmovement"]It was me. And those are my balls. Happy Sunday![/quote]
m44offroad
First Gear

Post by m44offroad »

i ordered a complete gasket set from subaruparts.com for a little over 200. i am is the same situation, i pulled my motor in april and it was running fine, just leaked a little oil out of a car with a bad trans to go into my car which had a cracked head. i figured that since i had the motor out anyway i might as well reseal everything and change the timing belt. i finely got around to ordering most of my parts last week and just got my shipment from subaruparts.com a couple days ago. now if i can just find the time to assemble it all