3 types of GC kits....whkich one the best for a street car

Struts, spring, anti-rollbars, braces and the like.

Moderators: Helpinators, Moderators

macipusy
Third Gear

3 types of GC kits....whkich one the best for a street car

Post by macipusy »

Seems the difference is in the ride height adjustability...which is the most commonly used?
maciek puszynski

01 Impreza | v6 STi RA | 5mt | ej236t
93 Legacy Turbo | TW | 4eat | ej22t
16 WRX | 6mt | fa20
98 Legacy GT | wagon | 5mt | ej25d

2.36L Turbo - RSTi Build
jamal
Vendor
Vendor

Post by jamal »

Please stop posting new threads. You don't need five to figure out what struts and springs to put on your car.

[/backseat modding]

You should really call ground control, tell them what car you're using, what struts you're using, and ask them what you should use. Picking linear rate springs is tricky because you end up with less spring travel than strut travel. That's why track coilovers with stiffer rates use helper springs.
Legacy777
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Legacy777 »

agreed....if all these questions are related to your original topic....post them in the original thread.
Josh

surrealmirage.com/subaru
1990 Legacy (AWD, 6MT, & EJ22T Swap)
2020 Outback Limted XT

If you need to get a hold of me please email me rather then pm
MiataPaul
In Neutral

Post by MiataPaul »

There is a simple answer, call GC. They are extremely helpful. I know some one who did a custom ford 5.0 drop into a Miata. He fabed every thing out himself and Ground Control calculated the correct spring rates for him. They did not charge extra for the service either. They took into account the type of head he used, intake manifold, and headers into the equation, so they are in a much better place to make recommendations than an online forum. When I get new springs for my Miata they will be Ground Control. Good support and very reasonable prices for what you get.