Formal introduction and some photos finally :)

Show us your Legacy pictures and videos.

Moderator: Moderators

denver_whitest185
First Gear

Formal introduction and some photos finally :)

Post by denver_whitest185 »

Well, my name is Ted. the t-leg is actually my first subaru. i got a good deal on it though a friend who works at a local subaru dealership. its got 155k on the clock, and runs pretty well other than some drivetrain whine (sounds like a super charger when its bad, no joke :( ). i know alot of subaru guys though awdpirates, which is a local colorado forum.

so, i finally got some photos taken yesterday at a awdpirates red rocks meet. i cleared the headlights, finally gave a the car a full wash, removed all of the little gunk spots with some 2000 grit and polishing compound. also sanded and polished the taillights a bit too. also decided to just fix the fender myself and it turned out pretty good for just popping it back out. i also installed some red cap mtec 4350k h4's to swap in for some better visibility at night since i do a bit of night driving on highways.

(BTW, the stuff on the ground isn't from my car)

some pictures of the meet

one of my friends brought his alltrac out since i can never seem to meet up with him now that im up in fort collins
i wish i could have brought mine, but im battling some electrical issues with it right now.

i also met up with one of the local fort collins alltracs a few nights back (never actually met the guy till that night)

lastly, i took a few photos last night after the meet. however, since i only have my camera phone right now, most of the night pictures came out crappy. this is the only one that came out half decent.

i don't have alot of modifications planned yet. i was going to focus on suspension and handling, but im looking into a new auto tranny since mine is sounding so horrible now. it still accelerates fully when making the wining noise, but i don't feel like having the surprise of my tranny shitting out going 75 on a highway in the middle of nowhere at night. i have some suspension stuff coming, along with a JDM slanty intercooler that i just bought. i'll also be doing some slight brake upgrades with ss lines, new rotors, pads, speedbleeders, and some ATE fluid.
Last edited by denver_whitest185 on Wed Nov 21, 2007 8:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
1994 maroon Subaru Legacy SS sedan
1990 white Toyota Celica Alltrac - well modded :D
Bring the track to you
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mXfUbFR-x7g
Dynamic Entry
Third Gear

Post by Dynamic Entry »

Welcome?

Looks really nice. Paint is very clean. Just need some new wheels and blacked out chrome strip (=
Andrew

16 Outback - wife's daily
95 Gravel Express - Sold
92 Green SVX - RIP
02 WRB WRX - Sold
93 White SS "Angel": 4EAT to 5MT 550 Robtune !SOLD!
̶9̶2̶ ̶W̶i̶n̶e̶s̶t̶o̶n̶e̶ ̶S̶S̶ ̶5̶M̶T̶ R.I.P.
denver_whitest185
First Gear

thanks. its kinda a late introduction and photos, but still its better than nothing. i guess i'll just update this thread when i do any mods.

i kinda like the stock wheels. im thinking i'll get them powdercoated (maybe the stock gold color off of GC STI wheels)

i don't know about blacking out the chrome strip. anyone have any pictures of that?
Bring the track to you
ericem
Fifth Gear

Post by ericem »

Sort of like this. I like the chrome strip IMO. I don't have photobucket so can't blank it out well lol.

The car looks great just I am not crazy about the rims. Maybe gold ya.

1993 Subaru Legacy L AWD Wagon R.I.P
1994 Subaru Legacy SS R.I.P :(
2004 Nissan Titan LE 4X4
2007 Subaru Legacy GT :)
Fkyx
Third Gear

Post by Fkyx »

Hopefully when I pick up my SS this weekend I can get some photos online as well!
Matthew aka F[b][color=red]k[/color][/b]yx
1991 Legacy Sport Sedan "Jillian" - [url=http://bbs.legacycentral.org/viewtopic.php?t=39548]EJ20G swap[/url]
denver_whitest185
First Gear

photo bucket works great. its free, and it never goes down.

thats the color i'd be shooting for with my wheels. i kinda like the blacked out look. do most just remove the strip since i think its just a sticker, or tape it off and spray it?
Bring the track to you
555BCTurbo
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by 555BCTurbo »

The chrome is actually a chrome strip...

They will pull out of the bumpers...but the sides will have to be painted
Nick

1987 Audi 4000CS quattro...soon to be 20VT
1994 Dodge Ram 2500 4x4 CTD, #11 plate, 30 psi, Scotty II intake, 4" exhaust
denver_whitest185
First Gear

555BCTurbo wrote:The chrome is actually a chrome strip...

cool :)

oh, and this came in today. i got it for $35 shipped, and should be easier to fit than the WRX intercooler that i sold. i heard that i don't have to relocate the coolant tank with this one too, which is good. i'll test fit it when it drys out since we got some snow last night.

-Ted
Bring the track to you
asc_up
Fifth Gear

Post by asc_up »

wow what intercooler is that?

and again thanks for your wrx intercooler :D lol.
-Aaron

2000 Audi S4 - 2.7L Twin-turbo, 6 Speed

[quote="evolutionmovement"]It was me. And those are my balls. Happy Sunday![/quote]
denver_whitest185
First Gear

i don't know. it came off of a EJ20G.

i would have used that wrx intercooler, but i would have needed a y-pipe, some creative piping, relocated coolant tank, and a welded recirc fitting. this already is piped for the bypass, and should swap on with little modification other than needing a silicone coupler or two and some worm clamps, along with moving the igniter and the lines under the pitchstop.
Bring the track to you
High PSI
First Gear

Post by High PSI »

Beautiful subie! Great to see some pics of the All-Tracs too. I miss my ST-205 drivetrain swapped ST-185 dearly. :(
Dynamic Entry
Third Gear

Post by Dynamic Entry »

Ya, I wrenched the side strips a little bit too much before I satisfied myself that they weren't coming off.....

But electrical tape does the trick very nicely. 8) I am not one that usually goes for boro mods but this one I recommend!
Andrew

95 Gravel Express - Sold
92 Green SVX - RIP
02 WRB WRX - Sold
evolutionmovement
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by evolutionmovement »

There's a longer lasting tape they sell to cover the strip.
Midnight in a Perfect World on Amazon or order anywhere. The first book in a quartet chronicling the rise of a man from angry criminal to philanthropist. Midnight... is a distopic noirish novel featuring 'Duchess', a modified 1990 Subaru Legacy wagon.
denver_whitest185
First Gear

High PSI wrote:Beautiful subie! Great to see some pics of the All-Tracs too. I miss my ST-205 drivetrain swapped ST-185 dearly. :(
hey ive got a ST205 tranny in mine too. it shifts like butter :)
Bring the track to you
High PSI
First Gear

Post by High PSI »

denver_whitest185 wrote:
High PSI wrote:Beautiful subie! Great to see some pics of the All-Tracs too. I miss my ST-205 drivetrain swapped ST-185 dearly. :(
hey ive got a ST205 tranny in mine too. it shifts like butter :)
Yeah I know! And it's probably the only AWD tranny setup short of an STi 6-spd swap or dog box that you don't have to worry about grenading!

Did you do the ST-205 3rd gen 3sGTE swap too? I had the full setup, from AWIC to the rear diff, in my car. All I had a chance to do was a dp-back exhaust before I sold it, and with only that (stock boost!!) it was a high 13 second car. I really wish I had gotten a chance to throw in an MBC, fuel pump, and up the boost before I let her go. :evil:
denver_whitest185
First Gear

no, just the transmission. i got a great deal on one.

however, there are two full ST205 swaps in colorado, one in a ST165, and one that did a full AWD swap to a 94' GT celica. i think its one of two in the nation. anyways, the guy with the ST165 swap put down a 13.7 at bandimire (5,200ft.) on street tires, with a tuned rom, electronic boost controler (20psi on race gas), and a 3" exhaust.

+1 on the grenading, but all alltrac tranny's are like that. just get rid of the 2nd and 3rd gear syncro issues, and its as tough as you can get.
Last edited by denver_whitest185 on Thu Nov 22, 2007 8:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bring the track to you
beatersubi
Fifth Gear

Post by beatersubi »

denver_whitest185 wrote:

cool :)

oh, and this came in today. i got it for $35 shipped, and should be easier to fit than the WRX intercooler that i sold. i heard that i don't have to relocate the coolant tank with this one too, which is good. i'll test fit it when it drys out since we got some snow last night.

-Ted
...so thats what a complete slanty chargepipe looks like :P .

If you haven't already attempted the install, you'll see that the i/c interferes slightly with the lines on the back of the stock coolant tank. I have mine kind of kinked out of the way, but I don't like it. I'm looking for a WRX metal tank to replace mine with.
93 legacy wagon L, 22T swapped (TW imitator) now with five forward speeds. (Gone, but never forgotten)
johndrivesabox wrote: Rally, my kyboard is brok, his has nohing o do wih h liquor.
Originalcyn wrote:Apparently everyone hates Gabe.
SubaruNation
Fifth Gear

Post by SubaruNation »

thats sweet that there's so many subaru owners where you live.
rep the nation! yeah!
i think you were the one looking for a fender or something?

the only color code i found was on a sedan, not ss.
and it was 410 and darker than your? car.
Zach - Legacy Frankenstin
93forestpearl wrote:Keep up the good work. You'll never know what you are capable of unless you push yourself.
denver_whitest185
First Gear

Update: the transmission problem is a bad pump. according to the suburu tech, its better to just get a low milage used one...

SubaruNation:
actually, i popped out the fender, and it looks just fine, in comparison to the rest of the body. thanks though :)

that was a small meet. here was last march (you can see my alltrac in the second photo)
http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e344/ ... G_1040.jpg
http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e344/ ... G_1023.jpg
Bring the track to you
206er
Fifth Gear

Post by 206er »

nice car, hope to see you around town some time. :)
5mt swap maybe?
1994 Touring Wagon: ruby mica, 5mt swapped
Dynamic Entry
Third Gear

Post by Dynamic Entry »

evolutionmovement wrote:There's a longer lasting tape they sell to cover the strip.
Who is they? Subaru, the Free Market? Any product name available?
Andrew

95 Gravel Express - Sold
92 Green SVX - RIP
02 WRB WRX - Sold
thehookeup
Third Gear

Post by thehookeup »

incredible looking car, im not sure if they use salt there in CO. but keep it away. car looks stellar keep it up keep it clean
-93 2.2T (RIP), 93 N/A best car on earth.
-00 legGT, 18" PIAA sport mesh wheels, front/rear Rallitek sways, lowered whitelines, coming soon: 2.5L sti internals, 20g heads P&P, twin charged. motor is almost ready to go in.
Andrew
denver_whitest185
First Gear

I don't know about a 5mt swap, since i really don't want to spend too much, and that would cost at least a grand for everything installed, a little less if i did the work...

i'm just going to look for a turbo 4eat, and pray that the tranny doesn't self destruct before i find a replacement :)

thanks for the complements. I've got some more pics i took at the lambo dealership i went to yesterday. My friend works there, so i get to check out the back lot and shop, even sit in them, no test drives though, but i did get to drive his sti since we had to go pick it up. I wish my car drove like that, but then again, my car was $28k less :D

206er: im a few blocks west of campus, so if you look for me, I'll be driving around on shields and old town
Last edited by denver_whitest185 on Sun Nov 25, 2007 3:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bring the track to you
evolutionmovement
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by evolutionmovement »

The black out tape can be found at AutoZone or any of those kinds of places.
Midnight in a Perfect World on Amazon or order anywhere. The first book in a quartet chronicling the rise of a man from angry criminal to philanthropist. Midnight... is a distopic noirish novel featuring 'Duchess', a modified 1990 Subaru Legacy wagon.
206er
Fifth Gear

Post by 206er »

denver_whitest185 wrote:I don't know about a 5mt swap, since i really don't want to spend too much, and that would cost at least a grand for everything installed, a little less if i did the work...

i'm just going to look for a turbo 4eat, and pray that the tranny doesn't self destruct before i find a replacement :)

206er: im a few blocks west of campus, so if you look for me, I'll be driving around on shields and old town

if you use an NA parts car(cable clutch, 4.11 in the diffs) the 5mt swap can be done pretty damn cheap. I got mine for around $300, got a package deal on all the parts, not including clutch and some other crap. you'll probably not save a whole lot when its all said and done but its a much easier trans to find around here and when it goes again a lot cheaper to replace. just something to think about...
I'm right in your neck of the woods, but a bit further west.
1994 Touring Wagon: ruby mica, 5mt swapped