noob wants to checked stored memory of ecu

Headlights to tailights and everything in between.

Moderators: Helpinators, Moderators

dirtyhandssubaru555
First Gear

noob wants to checked stored memory of ecu

Post by dirtyhandssubaru555 »

i cann't seem to determ with connetors to connect under the dash. i found out how to make my cooling fans stay on :). i got green ones, i got black ones and brown ones and some with nothing to connect it to. how many wires should be on the connectors? 2?
my girlfriend finaly found out that i spent more money and time on my car then her. she was kind pist to say the least.
92ss, tdo4, wrx stage 1 clutch and 9.5 pound flywheel, sti springs, k&n panel filter, desnorkus
86 gl hatchback rip
87 gl10 rip
Legacy777
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Legacy777 »

Have you read the instructions on my site?
www.surrealmirage.com/subaru/engine.html

You should only have the black connectors connected to read the stored memory codes.
Josh

surrealmirage.com/subaru
1990 Legacy (AWD, 6MT, & EJ22T Swap)
2020 Outback Limted XT

If you need to get a hold of me please email me rather then pm
Fkyx
Third Gear

Post by Fkyx »

Since we're on the topic, but not meaning to hijack the thread, when doing an active code read, will this save the codes so they can be read while the car is stationary? Or will they only display while moving?
Matthew aka F[b][color=red]k[/color][/b]yx
1991 Legacy Sport Sedan "Jillian" - [url=http://bbs.legacycentral.org/viewtopic.php?t=39548]EJ20G swap[/url]
scuzzy
Third Gear

Post by scuzzy »

Fkyx wrote:Since we're on the topic, but not meaning to hijack the thread, when doing an active code read, will this save the codes so they can be read while the car is stationary? Or will they only display while moving?
AFAIK, correct me if I'm wrong but the general consensus is that you shouldn't start the car while the codes are being read. just leave the key in the 'ON' position.
91 Legacy Wagon, Total Rally Car.

#82 M4 TRSCCA Rallycross

http://www.youtube.com/mobilepolice/
Legacy777
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Legacy777 »

Fkyx wrote:Since we're on the topic, but not meaning to hijack the thread, when doing an active code read, will this save the codes so they can be read while the car is stationary? Or will they only display while moving?
No the active code check mode does not store them in the stored code memory.

For some reason, there are certain issues that only show up with an active code check, which is more thorough/stringent.

Also, it's always a good practice to check the stored codes first, fix any issues, and then do the active code retreival.
Josh

surrealmirage.com/subaru
2020 Outback Limted XT

Fkyx
Third Gear

Post by Fkyx »

I checked my stored codes earlier and I have 22 and 23 codes. If I were to clear my ECU, would these show again the next time I check the stored codes? Or does the car have to be driven for them to be stored again?
Matthew aka F[b][color=red]k[/color][/b]yx
1991 Legacy Sport Sedan "Jillian" - [url=http://bbs.legacycentral.org/viewtopic.php?t=39548]EJ20G swap[/url]
Legacy777
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Legacy777 »

It depends on whether there is an active fault or not with those particular sensors.

If the sensor just threw out a bogus output value once, but now is working fine, then no the codes shouldn't show up again. However if there is a wire cut, or the sensor is messed up, the code should come back again next time you check the stored codes.
Josh

surrealmirage.com/subaru
2020 Outback Limted XT