i have a couple extra bucks, gonna build a new motor soon

Heads, valves, pistons, rods, crankshaft, etc...

Moderators: Helpinators, Moderators

thehookeup
Third Gear

i have a couple extra bucks, gonna build a new motor soon

Post by thehookeup »

so i have a couple of extra bucks, gonna build the craziest motor on the forum. Twin supercharged, turbo charged. one throttle body per bank, all on a 22t short block. complete standalone. gonna put it in a 91 black ss. gonna take months and months to finish, but i got time. hopefully have it finished by june, when i move to london
-93 2.2T (RIP), 93 N/A best car on earth.
-00 legGT, 18" PIAA sport mesh wheels, front/rear Rallitek sways, lowered whitelines, coming soon: 2.5L sti internals, 20g heads P&P, twin charged. motor is almost ready to go in.
Andrew
smh0101
Fifth Gear

Post by smh0101 »

Holly crap.... :o
~Spencer
94 Legacy Turbo (550 Robtune/ej20h v2 Sti RA drivetrain)
94 Legacy Ti Wagon (5mt ej22e)
91 rhd Legacy GT Wagon (factory 5mt, ej20g)
93 rhd Legacy GT type S2 Sedan (4eat, ej20g)
91 rhd Legacy Ti Type S 1.8
03 Lincoln LS V8 Sport
08 300 SRT8
ciper
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by ciper »

Talk is cheap. How you gonna fit all this under the hood? Tuning with so many variables is hard even for the experts. Why do you think the ultra high power Supras are converted back to single turbo?

You need to K.I.S.S
thehookeup
Third Gear

Post by thehookeup »

call it fun lol, if anyone can give me one good reason not to do it i would love to hear it.... and i agree i do need a kiss haha, maybe a hug while were at it
-00 legGT, 18" PIAA sport mesh wheels, front/rear Rallitek sways, lowered whitelines, coming soon: 2.5L sti internals, 20g heads P&P, twin charged. motor is almost ready to go in.
Andrew
ciper
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by ciper »

Why not go parallel turbos? One intake/turbo/exhaust for each bank of cylinders like they sometimes do in Mustangs. That would be interesting to see.
thehookeup
Third Gear

Post by thehookeup »

after working with doug on his car. and seeing the problems he faced when he had his twin supercharger setup, it got me thinkn. seeing the problems he encountered, we relized what needed to be fixed to make the setup work. i have been planning and doing a little blue printing. and with the help from the board, im sure we'll get it done
Andrew
beatersubi
Fifth Gear

Post by beatersubi »

thehookup wrote:one throttle body per bank. im sure we'll get it done
With a custom fabbed sheetmetal intake manifold for the dual throttle bodies?
93 legacy wagon L, 22T swapped (TW imitator) now with five forward speeds. (Gone, but never forgotten)
johndrivesabox wrote: Rally, my kyboard is brok, his has nohing o do wih h liquor.
Originalcyn wrote:Apparently everyone hates Gabe.
thehookeup
Third Gear

Post by thehookeup »

nope i gotta find someone who is a great aluminum welder, there will be no plenum in the middle
Andrew
555BCTurbo
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by 555BCTurbo »

thehookeup wrote:nope i gotta find someone who is a great aluminum welder, there will be no plenum in the middle

Shit, if you are going to all that work, just do individual throttles.
Nick

1987 Audi 4000CS quattro...soon to be 20VT
1994 Dodge Ram 2500 4x4 CTD, #11 plate, 30 psi, Scotty II intake, 4" exhaust
206er
Fifth Gear

Post by 206er »

ciper wrote:Talk is cheap.
+1
but youre thinking along the lines of the JUN hyper lemon arent you? I had that pic of its engine bay as my background for a long time. cool setup for sure.

why not spend your big bucks on your own TIG instead of paying some fabricator the thousands of dollars custom fab like that will cost? TIG is super fun and a great skill to know.

ITB's would be cool but the dual plenum would be way easier. just chop up a stock manifold and weld on some 4" or so tube. build a splitter for the throttle cable with barrel adjusters. run a TPS on one side only.
1994 Touring Wagon: ruby mica, 5mt swapped
thehookeup
Third Gear

Post by thehookeup »

206er wrote:
ciper wrote:Talk is cheap. run a TPS on one side only.

talk is cheap, but i will back it up. didnt say i would super sucessfull. but im doing it either way haha

as far at the TPS on one side that was my plan. ... it would be much easier that way
Andrew
ciper
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by ciper »

Let me say this a nicer way because I feel bad now

With such lofty goals its easier to get frustrated and give up. Maybe a more reasonable plan would be better.
douglas vincent
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by douglas vincent »

I will be helping Andy with this build. He HAS the money to back it up. And buying a TIG welder is definatly and option!

The build is currently being discussed as........

EJ22T bored to .20 over and stroked with 2.5 crank and matching pistons and rods.
1000 cc or so injectors
Stand alone EM
Dual Eaton M62 superchargers from the Kompressor Series Mercedes (electric clutch)
Dual VF39ish turbochargers
Split/Dual FMIC (One large intercooler, but basically two intercoolers, just welded together)
MAP based

SCs will be mounted on top of the engine in the center. Throttle bodies located over the heads. Turbos in the front, one where the battery is, one opposite.

This (minus the turbos) has been my plan for a long time. I just never had the money. Andy does. :)

So its gonna happen.

Will it work. Yes.

How well? Well...... it should work fine.

How much power? Andy wants to shoot for 600 whp. But I don't know what tranny he wants to use yet. So we may be tranny limited.

But....... Even if we don't make MONSTER power, this thing will be a flipping torque monster down low. We are talking 20 psi @ 2000 rpm......with the correct pulley ratio. In fact, I believe he should just do the superchargers to start with and make it all work.

But we shall see where this leads.
Reddevil, Awaiting new heart, will it ever happen?
1990 wagon, EJ25 12.3 @ 116.5 FAST Family wagon getting new motor soon
1992 wagon, wifes daily, high compression
1992 Touring wagon, should I keep it?
asc_up
Fifth Gear

Post by asc_up »

holy hell that's amazing.
-Aaron

2000 Audi S4 - 2.7L Twin-turbo, 6 Speed

[quote="evolutionmovement"]It was me. And those are my balls. Happy Sunday![/quote]
douglas vincent
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Not amazing yet. Its still just talk.

But it will be amazing when we do it!
asc_up
Fifth Gear

Post by asc_up »

well the plan is still a pretty cool idea. i mean thinking of the spots to mount the SC's and whatnot. it sounds great. i hope this really gets done!!
-Aaron

2000 Audi S4 - 2.7L Twin-turbo, 6 Speed

[quote="evolutionmovement"]It was me. And those are my balls. Happy Sunday![/quote]
ciper
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by ciper »

4EAT.
douglas vincent
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

/\ With stall!
ciper
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by ciper »

Wire a switch to unplug the center differential and you get a locker. Think of the launches with that,

High stall means lots of boost while not moving and the TC has TORQUE MULTIPLICATION OMGWTFBBQ

Why is it that all of the fastest WRX drag cars are auto?
douglas vincent
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

/\ Cause our 5mt trannies break like a mofo? :) On #4 myself... .haha
ciper
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by ciper »

But they dont even give the 6 speed a second thought and those are pretty hard to brake.
thehookeup
Third Gear

Post by thehookeup »

thanx doug for backn this up. true all is talk until its done. just get ready for something revolutionary. money really isnt a problem. lookn to make this the highest hp/tq leg in the country. .. tranny has yet to be discussed really. 4eat seems to be the best bet just because of the fact that it will hold the most power. 6spd isnt out of the question, if i can find a 3 disc clutch setup for a subaru. have yet to find one... so until i can find a a setup to hold the power im up for suggestions..

dont forget this isnt just my project. consider it to be a forum project. ill be the first to admit i cannot build something "out of this world" or something that hasnt been seen before. but "we " can build anything

anyway ultimate goal is 600Whp, 91 leg, dont care about quarter mile time or stage time. just care whether that power meets the pavement.
Andrew
thehookeup
Third Gear

Post by thehookeup »

thanx doug for backn this up. true all is talk until its done. just get ready for something revolutionary. money really isnt a problem. lookn to make this the highest hp/tq leg in the country. .. tranny has yet to be discussed really. 4eat seems to be the best bet just because of the fact that it will hold the most power. 6spd isnt out of the question, if i can find a 3 disc clutch setup for a subaru. have yet to find one... so until i can find a a setup to hold the power im up for suggestions..

dont forget this isnt just my project. consider it to be a forum project. ill be the first to admit i cannot build something "out of this world" or something that hasnt been seen before. but "we " can build anything

anyway ultimate goal is 600Whp, 91 leg, dont care about quarter mile time or stage time. just care whether that power meets the pavement.
Andrew
thehookeup
Third Gear

Post by thehookeup »

Andrew
thehookeup
Third Gear

Post by thehookeup »

sorry for the triple post comp is screwed
Andrew