Body & Suspension Parts, Gauges, Rims w/ R-Comps + more.

Got something for sale? Need to sell a part? Got some stuff on auction that you want to let us know about?

(Legacy Central BBS is not responsible for any arbitration between its users relative to this forum.
Play nice and deal straight)

Moderators: Helpinators2, Moderators

Forum rules
Please see the NEW Parts Shed Rules before posting: http://www.bbs.legacycentral.org/viewto ... 15&t=55814

Sales of parts and parting cars only. Complete or parted car posts should be made in Car Lot: http://www.bbs.legacycentral.org/viewforum.php?f=32
High PSI
First Gear

Body & Suspension Parts, Gauges, Rims w/ R-Comps + more.

Post by High PSI »

Trying to make some space in the Garage and scrape together some cash to fill it up w/ some other stuff - I'm going to be updating this as I add stuff, so check in every now and then :-) Located in CT - local pickup welcome and will result in a reduction in price on items that are quoted w/ shipping included:

-Winestone front bumper off an N/A. Kinda chipped up, and I knocked out the plastic where the passenger side fog light should be to feed cold air to my intake. Looking for $20obo picked up for this:

-Brand New Whiteline 20mm rear sway-bar bushings - Sold

-Brand New Whiteline Rear Sway-Bar Endlinks for the earlier Legacies (the Legacies without the newer "c-clamp" style endlinks)
Described by whiteline as "KLS090B Single eye link kit with hardware - 90mm centres" - Sold

-Brand New Autometer Mechancial Boost Gauge - PSI. Brand new, never used. Includes vac line with "T", light bulb with wiring and bulb condoms (for red or green illumination), and misc. mounting hardware. Nice clean low-profile black face with black bezel and orange needle. With the green bulb condom installed this matches the factory dash PERFECTLY. - $60 shipped

-RARE - Apex-i EL Boost Gauge - Mechanical - PSI - Sold

-Apexi EL2 Electronic Boost Gauge WITH Meter Control Unit. Bought this on eBay and never used it. When I got it I realized that the "Warning" button on the Electronic Meter Control Unit is stuck in. I don't know if this means that particular button doesn't work, or if the whole thing doesn't work. It might be as easy of a fix as splitting the box open and pushing the button back out (the seller swore that it was in 100% perfect working condition when it was shipped). Either way, the gauge ALONE is worth $175, so this is still a good deal even IF the Electronic Meter Control Unit (which is normally sold separately for ~$60) is 100% worthless (which I doubt). Asking $150 shipped

-6.5" Alpine SPS-170A "Type-S" 2-Way ALUMINUM Speakers. - Sold

-2002 WRX Front Brake Setup - Sold

-Cassette/CD Player Combo - Sold

-Four 2001 Subaru Impreza 2.5RS Struts ~60,000Miles. The factory struts on my Legacy were SHOT when I bought it. My friend was putting on KYB AGX's on his car so I bought these off of him. It made the car handle PHENOMENALLY better. Only reason I pulled these off was because I got a good deal on a set of KYB AGX's. However, for the price there's no cheaper way to upgrade your legacy's handling. Asking $75 shipped

-Front Sway Bar - Upgraded to a whiteline, so I've got this sitting around with no use for it. $45 shipped.

-Turbo Rear Bumper - Winestone, but, paint chipped badly. Includes rear metal support (in excellent shape) . Bumper would definitely need a repaint. $20 picked up.

-Front Doors off a Winestone 1993 Turbo - Beat up and dented, but, they come with good glass and good wiring harnesses. $15 each or $20 picked up for both.

-Four Factory Legacy Legacy SS Rims with 205/50-15 Kumho V710's - EXCELLENT for someone who wants to give R-comps a try in the factory H-stock class for Autocross. I ran these for 8 events and was class champ locally. The wheels are ugly - when I bought them the paint was flaking off of them, so I stripped them down and was GOING to wire-wheel them and re-paint them but I never had the time. The tires probably have a solid 8-seasons or so left in them. Paid $100 for the wheels and $600 for the tires, plus $100 to mount them (was a PAIN for the tire shop to squeeze a 205 R-comp on such a narrow wheel) $150 picked up. Would consider shipping.
Last edited by High PSI on Fri Sep 11, 2009 3:36 pm, edited 19 times in total.
Lurch
In Neutral

Post by Lurch »

Just what I'm looking for. I've pm you.
James
93 Legacy Turbo SS Burgundy - Son's Car
Mods: KYB GR2, K&N, TD04/WRX TMIC, Hallman Pro MBC @ 11.5 psi, 02 WRX 5sp Tranny, AU CB 97-00 WRX 3" Turbo back Exhaust / Future Mods: MSD DIS2
02 Toyota Tundra v8 4x4 TRD & 97 Suzuki Bandit 1200s- Mine
skid542
Fifth Gear

Post by skid542 »

Where are you located?
Lee

93' SS, 5mt swapped, 182k, not stock...
96' N/A OBW 5sp, 212k, Couple mods... RIP
99' N/A OBW, 4eat, mostly stock.
High PSI
First Gear

Post by High PSI »

Sale pending to Lurch on the TMIC setup (Lurch - check your E-mail - I responded to you there).

Skid - I'm located in Connecticut. Thanks for reminding me to post that up. :-)
High PSI
First Gear

Post by High PSI »

Bump. Bumper still for sale. Could always buy it and turn it into a custom front lip like this guy did:

If you don't, I probably will! :P
vrg3
Vikash

Post by vrg3 »

Hehe, I just realized that's my old intercooler setup at the top of the page. That's neat that it's making the rounds. :)
"Just reading vrg3's convoluted, information-packed posts made me feel better all over again." -- subyluvr2212
High PSI
First Gear

Post by High PSI »

vrg3 wrote:Hehe, I just realized that's my old intercooler setup at the top of the page. That's neat that it's making the rounds. :)
Wow, it's on at LEAST the 4th owner now!

It worked extremely well. I got greedy and upgraded to a WRX TMIC. Didn't get a notable performance improvement. Did get annoying coolant leaks. :roll:
vrg3
Vikash

Post by vrg3 »

Yeah, I was happy with it for quite a while.

Still, that's odd that the WRX intercooler isn't doing better than the Saab one. Do you have an especially tight bend in the inlet tubing or anything?
"Just reading vrg3's convoluted, information-packed posts made me feel better all over again." -- subyluvr2212
High PSI
First Gear

Post by High PSI »

vrg3 wrote:Yeah, I was happy with it for quite a while.

Still, that's odd that the WRX intercooler isn't doing better than the Saab one. Do you have an especially tight bend in the inlet tubing or anything?
The bend is about as smooth as smooth can be, and I'm using both inlets (my WRX IC setup is on its third revision as of right now, and I'm thinking I've got it about as good as it can be at this point without going to a silicone y-pipe).

However, I did go from the SAAB TMIC setup, to driving two other cars for six months, and then doing the WRX TMIC mod before I drove the Subie again - i.e., it wasn't a direct back to back, day to day comparison. It could just be that I remembered the Subie being faster with the SAAB TMIC setup than it was (or my other cars spoiled me and made the Subie feel slow no matter what I did to it before I drove it again).
93Leg-c
Fourth Gear

Post by 93Leg-c »

I'll take the Whiteline 20mm poly bushings for $15 shipped. PM your paypal address and I'll PM you my shipping address. :D
'94 TW
vrg3
Vikash

Post by vrg3 »

High PSI - Ah, yeah, if it wasn't back-to-back then memory bias plays a big role. :)
High PSI
First Gear

Post by High PSI »

Agreed. ;-)

93Leg-c: PM Sent.
High PSI
First Gear

Post by High PSI »

Whiteline sway-bar bushings sold. Boost gauges and speakers added.
93Leg-c
Fourth Gear

Post by 93Leg-c »

Interested in the speakers. Do they replace the front door speakers perfectly? (I've never touched my speakers so I have no idea even what size they are.)
'94 TW
High PSI
First Gear

Post by High PSI »

93Leg-c wrote:Interested in the speakers. Do they replace the front door speakers perfectly? (I've never touched my speakers so I have no idea even what size they are.)
No, as far as I know, nothing replaces the front speakers perfectly. The front speakers have a three-way "bolt pattern", and most aftermarket speakers have a four-way pattern. You can buy adapters online, or you can just make a template out of a sheet of plastic, or particle board or something in about 10 minutes - it's pretty easy regardless. You'll need something to space the speaker off the door anyway, otherwise it'll barely hit the window when it is rolled down.

Besides the mounting, the wiring is simple. These speakers come with wires, so all you have to do is splice them into the wires going to the factory speakers. All in all it's a project most anyone could do in a couple hours easy, from start to finish. I originally only replaced mine becuase one of my front speakers didn't work what-so-ever, but the sound quality over the factory speakers is amazing - I immediately had to do the rears!
93Leg-c
Fourth Gear

Post by 93Leg-c »

Questions on three things regarding speakers:

1--Will OEM door speaker cover fit over these speakers provided I don't make the adapter rings too thick?

2--How is the sound quality amazing over the OEMs -- midrange and treble crisper, sweeter, or ??? Is bass deeper, smoother, louder, or ???

3--Can tweeter be turned or moved if I wanted the highs projecting in a certain direction?
'94 TW
High PSI
First Gear

Post by High PSI »

93Leg-c wrote:Questions on three things regarding speakers:

1--Will OEM door speaker cover fit over these speakers provided I don't make the adapter rings too thick?

2--How is the sound quality amazing over the OEMs -- midrange and treble crisper, sweeter, or ??? Is bass deeper, smoother, louder, or ???

3--Can tweeter be turned or moved if I wanted the highs projecting in a certain direction?
Sale pending on the speakers!

But, to answer your questions anyway...

1 - In the doors - yes. The speaker cover is in the door itself, so unless you make the adapter ring REALLY thick (I'm thinking like, half an inch), then you'll be OK. I used these in the trunk-lid as well, but couldn't get the factory speaker covers to fit in the back.

2 - Overall sound quality is smoother and fuller = highs are clearer - Lows are WAYY deeper - and the midrange sounds balanced with the two. Overall, it makes the sound far less "tinny" - like going from radio to CD.

3 - Yes, the tweeter is adjustable.

Someone local wants to pick up the speakers tomorrow. If they flake, I'll let you know. :-)
93Leg-c
Fourth Gear

Post by 93Leg-c »

OK.

Thanks for the sound description.

Can you hold off on mailing the bushings until we know whether or not you'll sell the speakers locally or to me?

Thx! :D
'94 TW
High PSI
First Gear

Post by High PSI »

Speakers sold - sorry 93Leg-c!

For what it's worth you can pick them up for marginally more ($50+shipping) on eBay. I'd still highly recommend them to anyone looking for a top notch yet cheap speaker upgrade for these cars!
High PSI
First Gear

Post by High PSI »

Endlinks sold - WRX Brakes added! :shock:
High PSI
First Gear

Post by High PSI »

Factory CD/Tape Deck in excellent condition added. :-)
DLC
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by DLC »

Tempted by the braked but am trying to find something local.

Consider selling them sans rotors?
Legacy Central
2001 Legacy Outback Wagon | 2005 OB XT LTD | 1997 Legacy Outback Limited | 1998 Legacy L Wagon | 2000 GT Limited | 93 Legacy Touring Wagon 5MT | 90 Legacy L+
Matt Monson
quasi-mod-o
quasi-mod-o

Post by Matt Monson »

Do those brakes come with the proper brackets? I can't see brackets in the pics, or maybe it's just my old eyes...
1974 Porsche 914 Cam Am Limted Edition AKA the Bumble Bee
1973 Porsche 914 2.0 l -Suby swap pending
1968 Porsche 911t survivor 47k original miles
2000 2.5RS daily driver.
1999 2.5RS w/ 50+ extra whp
Suby Hai!
High PSI
First Gear

Post by High PSI »

DLC wrote:Tempted by the braked but am trying to find something local.

Consider selling them sans rotors?
Maybe...I'm going to sit on the full package deal for a bit first, otherwise I've got a great set of rotors that I can use as nothing more than giant coasters!
High PSI
First Gear

Post by High PSI »

Matt Monson wrote:Do those brakes come with the proper brackets? I can't see brackets in the pics, or maybe it's just my old eyes...
Not the old eyes (I kept the resolution down on the pics to the lowest setting so I wouldn't have to go through and resize them after, and so that I wouldn't bog down this thread) - no brackets. What's included is both calipers, rotors, and four nearly new pads.