new rims & tires

Show us your Legacy pictures and videos.

Moderator: Moderators

Kowalski
First Gear

new rims & tires

Post by Kowalski »

so my car's finally coming together. still working on a few things. got the rims a while ago but finally got around to painting them just last week. they are 01(?) forester rims painted duplicolor rim paint & minimal prep. seems to be sticking nice tho. tires are some 215/60/15 kelly chargers, which look alright and do reasonably well offroad

notice the old trans in the backround... anyone want it? just needs a front diff. dont want too much for it

different angle

first time out with the new rims pre-paint... really need some more clearance. that rock front and center scraped the hell out of my floor on the way back down.

new subs in a custom maple box... made it to fit between best i could. 900w rockford amp & alpine cda 9885 head unit w/ ipod cable & infinity speakers all around. sounds CHOICE

i'm pretty happy with the car so far. still need to paint the car black, put my fogs back on (broke 2 of the mount bolts off... may just put them on the hood now?) get some forester/outback struts... (anyone want to trade for a 4eat?) and probably ghetto boost the stock block. also thinking about a tube bumper + brush guards? oh and i took the horrible streetglow off :lol:
SubaruNation
Fifth Gear

Post by SubaruNation »

i like the rim color.
lookin good
Zach - Legacy Frankenstin
93forestpearl wrote:Keep up the good work. You'll never know what you are capable of unless you push yourself.
BXSS
Fourth Gear

Post by BXSS »

+1 I like the color too.
That color kind of reminds me of the Volk TE37 bronze color - which is NICE.
94 Legacy SS
96 Impreza OBS
99 Impreza OBS-T
04 Sienna XLE Limited AWD
Adam West
Fourth Gear

Post by Adam West »

Wow, black out chrome trim with black pin stripe tape from NAPA and paint the door handles the same color as the wheels....awesome!

AW
93SS 5MT White, TD05-16G, TMIC, 3"Turboback, Magnaflow, Alu Rad, H&R Sports, AGX struts, F/R STBs, Whiteline Sways, ALK+Endlinks, Odyssey 925, AC delete, Evo8 Recaros, Sparco 4p, 3.9 LSD, Hellas+air horns, IPD short throw, 99RSrims, s03's
Adam West
Fourth Gear

Post by Adam West »

Oh and paint your grill trim black too. Cheers, AW
93SS 5MT White, TD05-16G, TMIC, 3"Turboback, Magnaflow, Alu Rad, H&R Sports, AGX struts, F/R STBs, Whiteline Sways, ALK+Endlinks, Odyssey 925, AC delete, Evo8 Recaros, Sparco 4p, 3.9 LSD, Hellas+air horns, IPD short throw, 99RSrims, s03's
Kowalski
First Gear

Post by Kowalski »

Adam West wrote:Wow, black out chrome trim with black pin stripe tape from NAPA and paint the door handles the same color as the wheels....awesome!

AW
Great idea! I was planning on blacking out the chrome but the matching door handles would be awesome. Now I have a use for the extra 2 cans of paint :)
SubaruNation
Fifth Gear

Post by SubaruNation »

and clean your headlights :wink:.

and black out the insides
:)
93forestpearl wrote:Keep up the good work. You'll never know what you are capable of unless you push yourself.
Adam West
Fourth Gear

Post by Adam West »

The more black and gold you add the meaner this gets. How about your subbox in gold?

Good luck and post again!

AW
Kowalski
First Gear

Post by Kowalski »

subbox is gonna be stained with a light color as I like the wood, its actually some fairly expensive leftover cabinet wood a freind had laying around. In gonna have to carpet the bottom atleast though, it likes to slide around and scratch itself up and makes a hell of a racket whenever I take a speed bump

Cleaning the headlights is another good idea, I've read some writeups on that, but what method should I use to black them out? Just some high gloss black on the reflector?

Also on the topic of lights, I was seeing how the fogs would look in front of the grill and I don't think it looks very good.. I'm gonna try again extracting the broken under- bumper bolts to put them back where they were or think of somewhere else to put them... I miss having them on, made the car look a hell of a lot meaner.
Last edited by Kowalski on Thu Mar 27, 2008 11:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Adam West
Fourth Gear

Post by Adam West »

Uh, you need to L bracket this down b/c you run the risk of decaptitating your passengers if you don't...
Kowalski
First Gear

Post by Kowalski »

looks like I'm gonna have a busy weekend... :lol:
SubaruNation
Fifth Gear

Post by SubaruNation »

ya just masking tape, exceptional aim :roll: AND fast black spray paint