Wtb:EG33 or cheap EJ22

Got something for sale? Need to sell a part? Got some stuff on auction that you want to let us know about?

(Legacy Central BBS is not responsible for any arbitration between its users relative to this forum.
Play nice and deal straight)

Moderators: Helpinators2, Moderators

Forum rules
Please see the NEW Parts Shed Rules before posting: http://www.bbs.legacycentral.org/viewto ... 15&t=55814

Sales of parts and parting cars only. Complete or parted car posts should be made in Car Lot: http://www.bbs.legacycentral.org/viewforum.php?f=32
Kowalski
First Gear

Wtb:EG33 or cheap EJ22

Post by Kowalski »

so I have rediculous amounts of air coming out of my filler tube for some reason ,and i think my rings or shot (or hg leaking into oil passages? Its a lot of air so I doubt it) so time for a new engine I guess. Anyone have an EG33 w/ ecu or EJ22 block w/ heads still on for cheap in the pa area?
Arctic Assassian
Third Gear

Post by Arctic Assassian »

Those are two VERY different motors. I am curious as to your request for both. Swap?
Kickin' it old-school.
Kowalski
First Gear

Post by Kowalski »

Strange request i know, but since i bought the car i wanted to do a eg33/5sp swap and engine's about done so im looking for a 22 to hold me over till i can find a real low miles 33 or just go with a cheap 33 if i can find it
pw422
Second Gear

Post by pw422 »

is the eg33 out of the svx?
91 rio red ss 5mt
94 legacy wagon gt
95 impreza ej20 swapped
Kowalski
First Gear

Post by Kowalski »

yeah it is
what huh
Second Gear

Post by what huh »

i have a ej22 w/ 209k and leaks oil
1998 Legacy GT-T ... sold
2000 Legacy GT Wagon 5-speed ... heck yeah
1994 Legacy SS ABM Wagon ... project http://bbs.legacycentral.org/viewtopic.php?t=35107&start=0
Help http://bbs.legacycentral.org/viewtopic.php?t=35210
jefferson
Third Gear

Post by jefferson »

You are going to get into alot of custom work trying to get the 33 in there. The best Subaru tech in our area just bought a rhd postal wagon and had the engine out of his svx to do a 5 spd swap. He wanted to see how much would be involved and he decided against it. The crank pulley was right against the ac condenser. He bought a twin turbo to go in the postal wagon.

I think the 33 swap has been done before. Some searching may get some results. The 3.0 is shorter and would fit better, but i bet you will pay more for it.

Jeff
91 Black SS 5spd. Edm lights, wrx gauges in dash, 45 degree airbox, cryoed drilled and slotted brakes. Invidia divorced downpipe with custom stainless exhaust. To be installed, aluminum a-arms, manual belts, awic.
Arctic Assassian
Third Gear

Post by Arctic Assassian »

the 3.3 is a closed-deck block just like the 2.2t.
It was built for boost, both the concept and production testing model had two turbos on it. They couldn't develop a tranny that would handle the torque without huge R/D costs, which would defeat the ability of making the cheap ferrari killer they hoped for. My new dream project is taking a 3.3, mating it to a sixspeed PPG box, and dropping it in a SS.
It can be done, and there is a well documented swap into the GC chassis, which, as far as I'm concerned is the same as my chassis.
Kickin' it old-school.
Kowalski
First Gear

Post by Kowalski »

it being a bitch to do and not common at all is really the point of my wanting to do it... as well as being a sucker for n/a power, and the svx sound. i've seen firsthand a 96 wagon swap, although with a 4eat, and with stripping everything uneccesary and using a smaller radiator, moved forward a bit, w/reverse fans, the pain in the ass part will probably be with re-wiring everything. i would also like the ez(?)30 a hell of lot more, but chances of finding one in the 5-800$ range are pretty much 0 (unless someone has the hookups)

but i might just be retarded. someone talk (or deal?) me into something easier :lol:
PhyrraM
Fourth Gear

Post by PhyrraM »

Arctic Assassian wrote:the 3.3 is a closed-deck block just like the 2.2t.
No, it's open deck. It can still handle boost and any Ej22t piston will drop in.

http://www.sdsefi.com/air46.htm

Towards the bottom you cn see a picture of the bore and if you look close it's clearly open deck.
'93 Winestone SS Auto, '91 Pearl White SS.
'93 Pure White SS EJ20G slanty intercooled, SIDESWIPED! In stasis.
'94 FWD and '95 AWD Laguna Blue SVXs.
2017 Pure Red BRZ Limited w/Performance pack