More Bio fuel crap

This is for non-Subaru related topics. Keep it realistic please.

Moderator: Moderators

SubaruNation
Fifth Gear

Post by SubaruNation »

I FOUND THE SOLUTION TO ALL OF OUR PROBLEMS AGAIN!!!!!....;)

smt:040 http://runyourcarwithwater.youbetterreadthis.com/

for 40 bucks i'll try this out this summer.

[starttoomuchthinking]
oh, i think that corporate social responsibility will take over the political agendas of big oil within the next 5-7 years. and in the mean time as a society we will become much more technology oriented because of various reasons including oil and knowledge of our personal impact on the environment.

i also think we will also become more a more nomadic society because of the rising price of everything (food, electricity, oil) and we will become alot more independent of these costs by learning in the long run to maintain our lives without our dependence on others. everyone will have cellphones and other tech necessary to live day to day. we will also have the small, portable technology to charge all of our electronic devices wherever we are without the need to plug into a wall/ purchase gas from a gas station.

the new product that will be controlled instead of oil (b/c it will probably be gone or cost so much that nobody will want it, which will casuse innovation to skyrocket b/c of personal motivation.) will be clean water and wood/minerals.
i don't think that we will be completely energy independant for about... like what 35 yrs? but starting about now, people will begin to have a huge realization of the impact they have. the worthless dollar will help with this process alot :lol: ha ha
[/toomuchthinking] :D

pertty much energy/natural resources revolution and realization of the truths
Zach - Legacy Frankenstin
93forestpearl wrote:Keep up the good work. You'll never know what you are capable of unless you push yourself.
James614
Fourth Gear

Post by James614 »

SubaruNation wrote:I FOUND THE SOLUTION TO ALL OF OUR PROBLEMS AGAIN!!!!!....;)

I didn't know water vapor could be "burned" to produce power. It's like opening my eyes for the first time :shock:
93 Touring Wagon (EJ20G 5spd Swap) -- Finally back and running strong as ever!

05 Outback 2.5XT 5spd -- Now the wife can have her SUV and get in on the turbo Legacy goodness at the same time.
Murphy
Third Gear

Post by Murphy »

isnt that sorta like the Stanley Meyer car?
1990 Legacy LS, 4EAT
1983 Peugeot 505S Turbo Diesel
SubaruNation
Fifth Gear

Post by SubaruNation »

James614 wrote:
SubaruNation wrote:I FOUND THE SOLUTION TO ALL OF OUR PROBLEMS AGAIN!!!!!....;) maybe...

I didn't know water vapor could be "burned" to produce power. It's like opening my eyes for the first time :shock:
^^^^
ya i believe so, it's forty bucks so either way i figure it would be something fun to try out.
93forestpearl wrote:Keep up the good work. You'll never know what you are capable of unless you push yourself.
Aerotech
Fourth Gear

Post by Aerotech »

One of the guys I work with is looking into this, with the aid of a chemical engineer. It amounts to building an electric water cracking reactor, then injecting the resulting HHO gas into the induction system, burning the mix with the regular gasoline supply. By their calculations, with a 4 cyl engine, you'd need to produce something like 3 liters/minute of HHO to achieve a 20% reduction of gasoline use. The 40% quoted in the ad would require a water tank roughly the size of your entire trunk...
It does work, provided you set up the reactor to function efficiently.
Jerry

'04 Passat GLS 4Motion 5MT (Subaru by VW)
'86 Vanagon Syncro Camper Garage Queen
SubaruNation
Fifth Gear

Post by SubaruNation »

Aerotech wrote:One of the guys I work with is looking into this, with the aid of a chemical engineer. It amounts to building an electric water cracking reactor, then injecting the resulting HHO gas into the induction system, burning the mix with the regular gasoline supply. By their calculations, with a 4 cyl engine, you'd need to produce something like 3 liters/minute of HHO to achieve a 20% reduction of gasoline use. The 40% quoted in the ad would require a water tank roughly the size of your entire trunk...
It does work, provided you set up the reactor to function efficiently.
:-D
James614
Fourth Gear

Post by James614 »

I was being sarcastic..... I've been hearing about water vapor injector for a few years, and at best it ever offers miniscule fuel savings, and can reduce charge temps resulting in better knock control. But every single device ever to claim "amazing" fuel savings has turned out to be a plain scam. Honestly..... with $3.50/gal gas, these things wouldn't be floating around ambiguous internet sites if they worked as advertised.

For $40, you'd probably be better off getting one of those "gas mileage improver" fuel system treatments from Wal-Mart (described horrendously incorrectly by a lot of their techs as an "oil change" for your fuel system.... good god I hate those people to death).

05 Outback 2.5XT 5spd -- Now the wife can have her SUV and get in on the turbo Legacy goodness at the same time.
SubaruNation
Fifth Gear

Post by SubaruNation »

James614 wrote:I was being sarcastic..... I've been hearing about water vapor injector for a few years, and at best it ever offers miniscule fuel savings, and can reduce charge temps resulting in better knock control. But every single device ever to claim "amazing" fuel savings has turned out to be a plain scam. Honestly..... with $3.50/gal gas, these things wouldn't be floating around ambiguous internet sites if they worked as advertised.

For $40, you'd probably be better off getting one of those "gas mileage improver" fuel system treatments from Wal-Mart (described horrendously incorrectly by a lot of their techs as an "oil change" for your fuel system.... good god I hate those people to death).
ya uh phU|< that
Richard
Third Gear

Post by Richard »

My brother-in-law made a hydrogen reactor and put it in his Explorer. All it is is a pvc tube with two stainless electrodes in it, a cap to pour distilled water and baking soda in, and a tube to run the hydrogen to your intake. You hook up the electrodes to 12 volts, they do the electrolysis thing, and out comes hydrogen. Hook up an ammeter (amp meter for you laymen) and as long as it reads 20 or so amps, you're getting hydrogen. Any less, and you need to put in new distilled water w/ baking soda. You also have to clean or replace the electrodes often.

Got him an extra 2 to 4 mpg. Was a pain to deal with because you constantly had to mess with the electrodes. And was completely useless in winter because it didn't work well when it was FROZEN SOLID.

But, yes, it can be done. Just convert the whole car from the front seats to the tail lights to hold water (sealed), put 10 or 15 car batteries back there as well, and you might get enough to run the car for a little while. Until you have to dick with the electrodes, charge the batteries, replace the distilled water, or replace the motor because you melted it. Running a car off pure hydrogen will most certainly create too much heat and melt the block. Too much and you might throw the fuel maps off also. So the best this could ever do is help along a little bit, as long as you have a lot of cheap baking soda and distilled water.

But it can be done.
-2004 Liquid Silver WRX "Pretty Hate Machine"
SubaruNation
Fifth Gear

Post by SubaruNation »

ok maybe not :(
James614
Fourth Gear

Post by James614 »

Richard wrote:My brother-in-law made a hydrogen reactor and put it in his Explorer. All it is is a pvc tube with two stainless electrodes in it, a cap to pour distilled water and baking soda in, and a tube to run the hydrogen to your intake. You hook up the electrodes to 12 volts, they do the electrolysis thing, and out comes hydrogen. Hook up an ammeter (amp meter for you laymen) and as long as it reads 20 or so amps, you're getting hydrogen. Any less, and you need to put in new distilled water w/ baking soda. You also have to clean or replace the electrodes often.

Got him an extra 2 to 4 mpg. Was a pain to deal with because you constantly had to mess with the electrodes. And was completely useless in winter because it didn't work well when it was FROZEN SOLID.

But, yes, it can be done. Just convert the whole car from the front seats to the tail lights to hold water (sealed), put 10 or 15 car batteries back there as well, and you might get enough to run the car for a little while. Until you have to dick with the electrodes, charge the batteries, replace the distilled water, or replace the motor because you melted it. Running a car off pure hydrogen will most certainly create too much heat and melt the block. Too much and you might throw the fuel maps off also. So the best this could ever do is help along a little bit, as long as you have a lot of cheap baking soda and distilled water.

But it can be done.
It sounds easier to work weekends at McDonalds to save up $2K for a Geo Metro daily driver than to do all of that :shock:

Richard
Third Gear

Post by Richard »

That's funny. I've been contemplating picking up an easy part time job to help finance some of my upcoming endeavors.
ej22t kid
First Gear

Post by ej22t kid »

Well for people like me who live in the foot hills of CA the gas price of 4.09 for supreme is killing me. I am forced to drive every day to commute to work; the need for better public transport on bio fuels is a must. It cost me $50 bucks a week to drive like grandma to and from work. You know what that does to a WRX's self esteem? In the end I am looking for a motorcycle and an old diesel car to run of McDonalds French fry grease. It’ll be an interesting swap is how I see it.
(91 turbo sleeper to be)- RIP

I miss my legacy :(
SubaruNation
Fifth Gear

Post by SubaruNation »

good idea
Legacy777
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Legacy777 »

ej22t kid wrote:Well for people like me who live in the foot hills of CA the gas price of 4.09 for supreme is killing me. I am forced to drive every day to commute to work; the need for better public transport on bio fuels is a must. It cost me $50 bucks a week to drive like grandma to and from work. You know what that does to a WRX's self esteem? In the end I am looking for a motorcycle and an old diesel car to run of McDonalds French fry grease. It’ll be an interesting swap is how I see it.

The need for better public transportation is a must. More research on sustainable biofuels is a must because the current biofuels are not sustainable in the long run, and are in fact driving fuel prices up.
Josh

surrealmirage.com/subaru
1990 Legacy (AWD, 6MT, & EJ22T Swap)
2020 Outback Limted XT

If you need to get a hold of me please email me rather then pm
SubaruNation
Fifth Gear

Post by SubaruNation »

Legacy777 wrote:
ej22t kid wrote:Well for people like me who live in the foot hills of CA the gas price of 4.09 for supreme is killing me. I am forced to drive every day to commute to work; the need for better public transport on bio fuels is a must. It cost me $50 bucks a week to drive like grandma to and from work. You know what that does to a WRX's self esteem? In the end I am looking for a motorcycle and an old diesel car to run of McDonalds French fry grease. It’ll be an interesting swap is how I see it.

The need for better public transportation is a must. More research on sustainable biofuels is a must because the current biofuels are not sustainable in the long run, and are in fact driving fuel prices up.
in addition to oil companies changing out their currency baskets...
Richard
Third Gear

Post by Richard »

I'm telling you, we need to find a way to use something totally useless to fuel our cars. Garbage, lawyers, politicians, substandard marijuana - anything which has little or no use. I'm leery about even using water, though it would be a noble idea, because we need water to live dammit.
SubaruNation
Fifth Gear

Post by SubaruNation »

you could, i did a thread i believe