Anyone with DSM Experience??

This is for non-Subaru related topics. Keep it realistic please.

Moderator: Moderators

evolutionmovement
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by evolutionmovement »

I'd still pick GM or Ford over anything from VW. I'd maybe drive a Trabant over a VAG product. At least there's an amusing irony to it and it's a conversation piece as well as a perfect point as to how much of a failure Marxism was.
Midnight in a Perfect World on Amazon or order anywhere. The first book in a quartet chronicling the rise of a man from angry criminal to philanthropist. Midnight... is a distopic noirish novel featuring 'Duchess', a modified 1990 Subaru Legacy wagon.
entirelyturbo
quasi-mod-o
quasi-mod-o

Post by entirelyturbo »

I'd have the Trabant over a Ford. The chances of both catching fire are about the same, but the Trabant is still somehow cooler than any Ford I can think of.
2000 Subaru Legacy B4 RSK

"Der Wahnsinn ist nur eine schmale Brücke/die Ufer sind Vernunft und Trieb"

*Formerly DerFahrer*

@entirelyturbo on social media, including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and TikTok
Richard
Third Gear

Post by Richard »

I take that back. I'd own a Shelby Mustang like the one in Gone in Sixty Seconds. I don't have the money to buy/insure one, but I'd gladly accept one if it came my way. Other than that, friends don't let friends drive Fords.
-2004 Liquid Silver WRX "Pretty Hate Machine"
93forestpearl
Fifth Gear

Post by 93forestpearl »

I want a Saturn Sky Redline. ECOTEC's can be badass. Rev to 10k and make 1200hp. Search: GM ECOTEC Build book.
→Dan

piddster34 at h0tma1l d0t c0m
BXSS
Fourth Gear

Post by BXSS »

I'm getting old & everything is fuzzy, but I had a similar problem with my GVR4.
The clutch pedal can be adjusted to travel more or less distance before engaging (try to adjust it).
edit - adjust it by turning the screw on the clutch pedal up or down 12 or 14mm - like I said I'm old & can't remember which way it had to be turned to get engagement higher off the floor

If that does not work the step on the Flywheel may be off so you'll have to put a long rod in the clutch slave Cyl to give it more travel (I used a rod chopped from a scooter luggage carrier about 1.5X the length of the OEM rod that comes out of the slave cyl & that did the trick for me).

91 DSMs should be 6 bolt & not have the crank walking problem, 95+ DSMs are 7 bolt & may fall apart.

I had a ACT2600 on my GVR4, but you should not have that clutch on a 95+ car as heavy clutches are supposed to make the crank walk faster (run??).

That said I think I may be the only DSM to Subaru convert in my group of friends (who have DSMs) - they say Subarus look OK, but are slow & sound like crap...
94 Legacy SS
96 Impreza OBS
99 Impreza OBS-T
04 Sienna XLE Limited AWD