Battery kill switch

Headlights to tailights and everything in between.

Moderators: Helpinators, Moderators

RJ93SS
Third Gear

Battery kill switch

Post by RJ93SS »

I recently moved my battery to the trunk, i was hoping to take it to the track before it get's to heavinly modified to see what it coulld do, however, to take it to the track in vancouver i have to have a battrey kill switch that when activated has to kill the engine.

so i tried pulling the power cable off and of course my car kept running off alternator power. so does anybody know what i can do to kill the car, i also have to have the switch at the furthest rear point outside the car.

also i was hoping to run it in sequence with another kill switch in the cockpit so that i could kill it myself if something happened and i needed to kill it from inside, and because when i am in good old surrey(car theft capital of NA) i can flick the switch as an immobilzer.

Thanks for any suggestions, i searched and could not find anthing on this topic.
93SS 04 wrx brakes/slotted w/ hawks--TD05 -- 06 I/C -- 20mm n/a fsb -- Stage 2 -- 550's -- Perrin DIV DP -- 2-3/4 Tit Exhaust -- K&N -- C/C -- A/C Delete -- Grounded -- GT Leather Interior -- WRX/STI Strut Setup -- 17" 225's -- 2 Kids Seats ;)
Hocrest
First Gear

Post by Hocrest »

There are two types of switches, one that just kills battery and one that disconnects the Alt also, you need the second type.
http://www.saferacer.com/ and http://www.pegasusautoracing.com/ have them for about $30
Dave
[size=75]-97 Legacy (ain't never gonna die)
-92 SVX (attention whore)
-86 Brat (more fun than the SVX)
-92 SVX Racer (lightest SVX)[/size]
RJ93SS
Third Gear

Post by RJ93SS »

thanks, i've seen those switches but what am i looking at for wiring, am i going to be be running a wire from alternator to the switch at the back and have to run ignition wires to the back also, thanks Ryan
93SS 04 wrx brakes/slotted w/ hawks--TD05 -- 06 I/C -- 20mm n/a fsb -- Stage 2 -- 550's -- Perrin DIV DP -- 2-3/4 Tit Exhaust -- K&N -- C/C -- A/C Delete -- Grounded -- GT Leather Interior -- WRX/STI Strut Setup -- 17" 225's -- 2 Kids Seats ;)
RJ93SS
Third Gear

Post by RJ93SS »

vrg maybe you could help on this one