04 STI struts with king springs FS

Got something for sale? Need to sell a part? Got some stuff on auction that you want to let us know about?

(Legacy Central BBS is not responsible for any arbitration between its users relative to this forum.
Play nice and deal straight)

Moderators: Helpinators2, Moderators

Forum rules
Please see the NEW Parts Shed Rules before posting: http://www.bbs.legacycentral.org/viewto ... 15&t=55814

Sales of parts and parting cars only. Complete or parted car posts should be made in Car Lot: http://www.bbs.legacycentral.org/viewforum.php?f=32
rally370
Second Gear

04 STI struts with king springs FS

Post by rally370 »

Well I figure I'm never going to rally the Legacy in the near future if at all! so my spare set of struts are up FS. They are as new struts only doing a few hundred miles on an STI before they were replaced for rally items. The struts come with brand new king springs and top mounts. The front struts are wedged as per my Legacy. I figure $1100 plus shipping or if you live in the MA area we can work something out. I'm posting here first before I put them anywhere else. These are spares and never rallied or put on the car
Cheers

Chris

Rally Legacy AWD #370 gone! Rally Suzuki swift GTI N1 #370 parted out. Now Mini Cooper #370 with STI suspension in Costa Rica
rally370
Second Gear

Post by rally370 »

Make a good offer if anyone is interested.
Cheers

Chris

Rally Legacy AWD #370 gone! Rally Suzuki swift GTI N1 #370 parted out. Now Mini Cooper #370 with STI suspension in Costa Rica
SubaruNation
Fifth Gear

Post by SubaruNation »

ya i could trade you my car for them?
Zach - Legacy Frankenstin
93forestpearl wrote:Keep up the good work. You'll never know what you are capable of unless you push yourself.
greg donovan
Fourth Gear

Post by greg donovan »

are those the king springs that will work on a 90 legacy?

if so are you interested in seperataing them?
96 Impreza L sedan
97 legacy outback limited
00 Impreza RS sedan
rally370
Second Gear

Post by rally370 »

Greg,

I prefer to sell as a complete lot. The Struts fit the 90 Legacy as you can see from my link. They work very well. I never had any problems with the ones on the car. GR2's I bent a bunch. Barrett Dash does a nice Billie insert.

http://www.specialstage.com/classifieds ... 940&cat=18

Sorry I have enough cars.....but what do you have?
Cheers

Chris

greg donovan
Fourth Gear

Post by greg donovan »

thanks for the reply. our car is FWD so the struts wont work for us without som swapped hubs and other junk.

if you ever deside to split them up let me know.
96 Impreza L sedan
00 Impreza RS sedan
rally370
Second Gear

Post by rally370 »

depends if someone wants only the struts and I get close to the money I want. The springs I think are $400+ new
Cheers

Chris

greg donovan
Fourth Gear

Post by greg donovan »

rally370 wrote:depends if someone wants only the struts and I get close to the money I want. The springs I think are $400+ new
makes sense.
96 Impreza L sedan
00 Impreza RS sedan
rally370
Second Gear

Post by rally370 »

no sniffs so I figure the price is tad to high......well when selling we always things are worth more. So I'm dropping to $600
Cheers

Chris

skid542
Fifth Gear

Post by skid542 »

Did you just say $600 for the whole set? Plus shipping?

All four corners? Stock internals on the struts?

If so, what year STi ? I'm super interested if I just read your price right.

Edit : I re-read the title and realized I'd asked a dumb question. That said, please provide me a shipping quote to 83835. I can ship to an industrial address. I would also like to call 'dibs' if possible. I received my stimulus payment the other day :).

Edit 2: If you can bring yourself to make it $600, shipped, I'd be willing to call it a day and we can work out a payment method. Let me know what you think.

Edit 3: Are the top hats Group N's or just stock?

Thanks.
Lee

93' SS, 5mt swapped, 182k, not stock...
96' N/A OBW 5sp, 212k, Couple mods... RIP
99' N/A OBW, 4eat, mostly stock.
rally370
Second Gear

Post by rally370 »

I believe the tops are stock STI which I have on the rally Legacy and they work very well. I will weigh the struts and get back to you on a price.
Cheers

Chris

skid542
Fifth Gear

Post by skid542 »

Awesome. I've watched your rally Legacy 'saga' for a long time. You've done a lot with it and I trust the system you've chosen in regards to the balance of stiffness vs. clearance vs. durability.

This would be a great upgrade for the Legacy and ultimately I would plan on putting some stiffer, and a tad shorter springs on the STi struts and then use the King springs on my Outback.

This setup gives approximately 1" lift on the Legacy? Do you have any of the problems that others have had with the 04' STi struts in regards to alignment? I know Jamal has gone through a lot but I'm not sure if the King springs take care of the problem due to raising the car.

Thanks and I'll look forward to the shipping quote.
Lee

rally370
Second Gear

Post by rally370 »

Well I don't think you need to go stiffer. These springs are 250LBs rating. They actually lower the Legacy by an inch as the STI strut is about an inch shorter. You have to slot the rear top mount holes in the body and dremmel out the top rear strut hub mounting holes to give some negative camber. The set up is awesome and to make it better would require the Bilstein inserts from All wheels driven. I used GR2's and bent them! The struts on the Legacy(same) never let me down over the 2 years I rallied. The Legacy is now retired as my daily driver to work. With the odd Rally X if one is close. I just don't have the time or cash to rally in the US......but in Costa Rica???

http://public.fotki.com/Pic-Knits/my_ra ... ress2.html gives you an idea of approx ride height
Cheers

Chris

skid542
Fifth Gear

Post by skid542 »

Okay. I'm still not real keen on milling the strut mounting holes, but perhaps some camber plates would solve the issue. The important thing though is that they will work.

Are these springs the same as the Scorpion King springs or something different. I was thinking that they would be a bit taller and would be able to use them on my OBW. However, if they are brand new 250lb springs, it's pretty hard to argue with that as then I don't need new stiff springs for the SS.

Knowing that they actually drop the car a little is nice as I was a little concerned about tarmac driving if it lifted the car.

Can you verify the strut tops i.e. if they are stock STi, perhaps a part number.

And everything is brand spanking new, outside the few hundred miles on the struts?

Are just the front struts wedged? I know you mentioned this in your original post but I wanted to confirm. Do you have the rears wedged on your rally car?

Please keep me posted. Last night's radio theft may have an impact in my ability to buy these right now, but I'm still wanting to very much.
Lee

rally370
Second Gear

Post by rally370 »

I checked the struts and they looked like new apart from chipped painted from bouncing around in the service car. The springs are specials I talked to King about. I bought 2 sets. The tops came from some guy either on this forum or the impreza forum. He had an STI and swapped for group N well that's what he said. I just got them and fitted. I can look for part numbers if required. I did pack them all up tonight before reading this post. So I will have un-pack. Shipping is going to be around $100 via USPS but I will check with work to see if I can get a good rate. Let me know if you want them. Sorry to here about the radio. Taking out the top mount holes is nout a problem.

oh just the fronts are wedged
Cheers

Chris

skid542
Fifth Gear

Post by skid542 »

Doh, didn't realize you'd boxed them up already.

If it's not too much trouble, it would be nice to verify what the strut tops are.

You say the springs are custom, why did you get them custom? Are both the front and back 250lbs?

Thanks for being patient with my relentless string of questions. $700 is a heavy penny for me to drop, but it'd finish my suspension (outside bushings, etc.), I just want to make sure I know what I'm about to buy and is no way meant to imply you're not offering a hell of a deal - which I think I can still take you up on.
Lee

rally370
Second Gear

Post by rally370 »

I was going to split the shipping whatever it costs. The tops I will try to check today. I called King and told them about my car, the stages and set up I had. The had a list of springs available and supplied based on my info. I know the fronts are 250lbs and the rears are supposed to be macthed to the fronts. I will look to see if there is any part numbers on the springs.

Ask as many questions as you want.
Cheers

Chris

rally370
Second Gear

Post by rally370 »

ok I checked. KS FS 22 on the front. KS RS 22 on the rear. Rear top has nothing on it apart from a date. Front top has 3F-0090-3F

I hope this helps. Let me know if you want them....oh I PM'd you with a phone number answer machine is always on so leave a message .
Cheers

Chris

skid542
Fifth Gear

Post by skid542 »

That does help. Thank you.

I called today and left a message. You can consider these sold :).
Lee

rally370
Second Gear

Post by rally370 »

PM sent...was a busy weekend. I have the struts with me ready to ship.
Cheers

Chris