Help me replace my shortblock - Phase 2 EJ25 - which heads?

Heads, valves, pistons, rods, crankshaft, etc...

Moderators: Helpinators, Moderators

ciper
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Help me replace my shortblock - Phase 2 EJ25 - which heads?

Post by ciper »

I need advice. I need to replace either the rings cylinder three my engine or put another short block in.

I have a phase 2 ej25 which supposedly has 6cc piston dish. Which heads will bolt to my EJ22E intake manifold and use my stock cam sensor?

I can't use the stock heads on the car now because the compression ratio would be crazy high. I previously thought I had a phase 1 ej25 with 15cc piston dish which would have been usable with a thick gasket. Now that I find out the piston dish is so small I'm stuck.

I also have a complete running EJ25D with a spun bearing if any of its parts are useful.
Arctic Assassian
Third Gear

Post by Arctic Assassian »

cc the heads, then learn how to port and enlarge combustion chambers the hard way.

I've held 25d heads and 22t heads side by side. The 25d heads had larger combustion chambers. But to run those you would need a intake manifold from a 25d, and modify your stock cam gear to go on the 25d camshaft on the drivers side intake. There is already a tab to mount your stock cam sensor, and you just transfer all of the dohc timing equipment on after that.

I think that the thickest, stamp steel gasket will do for this application. After you put the intake on the heads, mount your TB, and put your harness right on there. Everything should be pretty easy. And I still think you should just make the other heads have larger CC.
Kickin' it old-school.
BXSS
Fourth Gear

Post by BXSS »

+1 on having to use a 2.5 intake manifold with the 2.5 heads as the PI ej22t/e intake is not even close to fitting DOHC cars or PII SOHC cars.

Don't the DOHC 2.5s had the same timing triggers as the EJ20G (which will allow for running the franken motor off a ej22t ecu).
94 Legacy SS
96 Impreza OBS
99 Impreza OBS-T
04 Sienna XLE Limited AWD