First Gen BOLT ON SCOOP.. $110 + ship.. Photos and Update!

Got something for sale? Need to sell a part? Got some stuff on auction that you want to let us know about?

(Legacy Central BBS is not responsible for any arbitration between its users relative to this forum.
Play nice and deal straight)

Moderators: Helpinators2, Moderators

Forum rules
Please see the NEW Parts Shed Rules before posting: http://www.bbs.legacycentral.org/viewto ... 15&t=55814

Sales of parts and parting cars only. Complete or parted car posts should be made in Car Lot: http://www.bbs.legacycentral.org/viewforum.php?f=32

What do you think?

I'll take one!
33%
It's going on my Chrismas list...
13%
What's the price, we'll go from there...
41%
Nah, I like stock
13%

Total votes: 46

NuclearBacon
Second Gear

Post by NuclearBacon »

Any news?
-Luigi-
....Yes like nintendo
1987 GL10 Sedan 3.700 LSD
1988 XT6 FT4WD 3.900 Diff Lock
1992 EJ22T Touring Wagon 5MT Swap 4.111
Legacy Rally Guy
Third Gear

Post by Legacy Rally Guy »

Stopped by the body shop yesterday, the harley that was slowing us all down is being clearcoated!!!!!

You hear that guys! clearcoat! yay, so that's like a buff and then shipping out and We're next in line... *does the charleston*

I think this is going to turn out well, pippen asked me, "so you think theres going to be desire for sideskirts too?" I said, yup and a post facelift scoop too!!!

He's definitely stoked to get away from that harley. The customer after the scoop is a harley that I think he said is going to be on next years season of overhauling, sitting in the background if things go well!

I'll finally have a scoop in just in time, to go with my fresh transmission!
1991 Legacy N/A- Being built to withstand zombie apocalypse!
2004 WRX STi- (GT3076r, 850cc Deatchwerks, Unequal Length Headers, FMIC, Alum Driveshaft, Camber Kit, Daily Driver)
Legacy Rally Guy
Third Gear

Guess whose on the front burner.. it took long enough, but things are a go, he'll be making scoops as soon as he gets back off his vacation!

yay, and just in time for the summer cruise and barbecue here... :P my trans is on the way too, :P maybe I'll be rolling by two weekends!

warm up your paypal guys, it's almost time to reserve places!
2004 WRX STi- (GT3076r, 850cc Deatchwerks, Unequal Length Headers, FMIC, Alum Driveshaft, Camber Kit, Daily Driver)
NuclearBacon
Second Gear

Post by NuclearBacon »

i'd like to be the first to reserve ;) deposits? or...

is the final price going to be the same?
-Luigi-
....Yes like nintendo
1987 GL10 Sedan 3.700 LSD
1988 XT6 FT4WD 3.900 Diff Lock
1992 EJ22T Touring Wagon 5MT Swap 4.111
Legacy Rally Guy
Third Gear

NuclearBacon wrote:i'd like to be the first to reserve ;) deposits? or...

is the final price going to be the same?
first or last, they're the same price ^^ So far it looks like about 20+ *safe estimate* want scoops. The post face lifts will happen shortly after the mold is created for the pre facelift. But for safety and control's sake, I'll only allow payment when we've a functioning process.

I couldn't imagine how much apologizing I'd be doing if I was holding onto people money from back when things started to materialize. Heck, he's had my money for quite a long time for the mold making/my scoop.. :P

So yeah, I'm doing the best I can.
Legacy Rally Guy
Third Gear

PM me with your name, legacycentral name and year of your legacy, I'm building a spreadsheet for the orders. email helps too!

no payments yet, but we'll be there soon :P
Legacy Rally Guy
Third Gear

My buddy moved back to Ireland. He's going to make the scoops there... He and his wife split up, so his citizenship isn't going through. He's going to ship em to me in bulk from Ireland. Don't worry, he said he'd cover the cost of getting em to Missouri, the scoops will stay the same price. I hop he gets cranking soon, my car needs a scoop! Atleast he better, he has $550 bucks of mine too!

Sorry guys, I'm glad I'm the only one out money so far, I wont request a penny until I've a box of scoops in my hands!

He left in a bit of a hurry, so I wasn't notified, I just thought he was on vacation or some shit, it turns out he split after his wife went ape-shit, burned his clothes and destroyed his office and threw an airtank through his car window. The poor fucker went through some Springer type stuff.

I've got like half a grand invested here, so I'm pretty sure he'll pull through for me, if not I'm going to put a boot in his ass when I visit my g/f in Dublin next January :P

I'll keep you updated.
GeneralDisorder
First Gear

Post by GeneralDisorder »

Will there be enough in his "bulk" shipment for those on your list so far or do you know?

I really want one so I don't have to try and match the paint on my 91 pearl hood when I do a scoop (I'm not going to cut it so I would have to get another hood to install a scoop in).

Appreciate the update.

GD
91 SS, 94 GT, 84 Wagon, 83 Hatch, 85 Brat.
Legacy Rally Guy
Third Gear

yeah, I'm having him ship like 30 of them.
Imprezive
Fourth Gear

Post by Imprezive »

I think before side skirts there needs to be a scoop made for the post-facelift cars..... pretty please?!
1992 T-Leg = 195whp 197wtq SOLD :(
1988 4Runner RIP
2006 Suzuki DRZ400sm
2007 Miata
1994 Miata
2003 WRX Wagon
2016 Mazda 3
Legacy Rally Guy
Third Gear

Imprezive wrote:I think before side skirts there needs to be a scoop made for the post-facelift cars..... pretty please?!
Yeah, it's most likely the best approach.

1. Pre face-lift scoop
2. Post face-lift scoop
3. Side skirts
4. Carbon?

I've a large machine shop, if things don't go well with pippen, I'll start doing it!
Legacy Rally Guy
Third Gear

Upated! Yay for updates
SubaruNation
Fifth Gear

Post by SubaruNation »

REAR LIPS!!
Zach - Legacy Frankenstin
93forestpearl wrote:Keep up the good work. You'll never know what you are capable of unless you push yourself.
Legacy Rally Guy
Third Gear

SubaruNation wrote:REAR LIPS!!

yeeees pinky.. yes... :P

I think I may have a decent sculpting technique, we'll see how my mold making goes!

wish me luck!
Imprezive
Fourth Gear

Post by Imprezive »

I love you
1992 T-Leg = 195whp 197wtq SOLD :(
1988 4Runner RIP
2006 Suzuki DRZ400sm
2007 Miata
1994 Miata
2003 WRX Wagon
2016 Mazda 3
smh0101
Fifth Gear

Post by smh0101 »

Sweet update dude...

If you start on Post Facelift stuff... LET US KNOW!!

I am totally in for a post facelift scoop.
~Spencer
94 Legacy Turbo (550 Robtune/ej20h v2 Sti RA drivetrain)
94 Legacy Ti Wagon (5mt ej22e)
91 rhd Legacy GT Wagon (factory 5mt, ej20g)
93 rhd Legacy GT type S2 Sedan (4eat, ej20g)
91 rhd Legacy Ti Type S 1.8
03 Lincoln LS V8 Sport
08 300 SRT8
Legacy Rally Guy
Third Gear

smh0101 wrote:Sweet update dude...

If you start on Post Facelift stuff... LET US KNOW!!

I am totally in for a post facelift scoop.
I'll be away on a business trip till thurs, but it wouldn't hurt to pick up a post-facelift scoop and start making that list after I get back ^^

laters
smh0101
Fifth Gear

Post by smh0101 »

I'll see if I can find one around here for you to start with...
~Spencer
94 Legacy Turbo (550 Robtune/ej20h v2 Sti RA drivetrain)
94 Legacy Ti Wagon (5mt ej22e)
91 rhd Legacy GT Wagon (factory 5mt, ej20g)
93 rhd Legacy GT type S2 Sedan (4eat, ej20g)
91 rhd Legacy Ti Type S 1.8
03 Lincoln LS V8 Sport
08 300 SRT8
SubaruNation
Fifth Gear

Post by SubaruNation »

Imprezive wrote:I love you
alot :D
Zach - Legacy Frankenstin
93forestpearl wrote:Keep up the good work. You'll never know what you are capable of unless you push yourself.
Legacy Rally Guy
Third Gear

SubaruNation wrote:
alot :D
hehe, oh, just no tongue.. :P

I'm going to pick up a bit more stuff today to work out some detail and finish on the scoop.

I can't get ahold of that "epoxy-primer" without a business account, though I can get some automotive grade spray on primer. I've used it before and it works well. It just takes a wet sanding to get all ready for paint, which I can do.

I've got some fiberglass and resin already, I should soon be creating a test run scoop. Probably this weekend.

After I create my first successful scoop, I'll start taking paypal payments/money orders for place holders in line.

Thanks for the support guys, I think this'll actually work out! AND I may actually make some my loss to the body shop back if enough people buy scoops!
86ruguy
Second Gear

Post by 86ruguy »

I'M in for a post-face. Just LMK. K
92wagon (wife's)
92 5mtwagon white(recently re-aquired)
92 sedan (sold)
91 ss no mods (sold)
88 GL Wagon (broken)
Legacy Rally Guy
Third Gear

Did a bit more work on the shaping today.

Man it's a biotch getting things perfect... :P I can't imagine making the mold for an entire CAR! it'd take me forever... it's looking good! nothing that my camera on my phone would pick up in differences, but it's getting so close to being able to provide a mold!

My computer died friday evening, so I'm making posts at a friends house.
Legacy Rally Guy
Third Gear

just a lil bump, :P

I got some really great work done on it yesterday, I should be taking the first mold this weekend, and then MAYBE a preliminary scoop, this is where I can make adjustments in the final design and see if my mold is good enough or if I need to work out some details :P

Either way, I've the bottom and face of the scoop worked out for mold taking and it's sitting in my fridge *I used clay to do the face.. it was easier to shape than bondo on the complex curves...

new pics soon.. muahahaha
Legacy Rally Guy
Third Gear

It was a little too cold and rainy for working fiberglass... But I'm looking forward to hopefully one sunny day this week to make my first mold! YAY, things are definitely looking up!

Things to do...l

1. Make mold of initial plug...
2. Finishing touches to perfect mold.
3. Make inital test scoop
4. final adjustments of scoop.
5. Make final mold ajustments for bolt in portion of scoop
6. Make lots of scoops!
Legacy Rally Guy
Third Gear

UPDATE! I've put down 2-3 layers of fiberglass for the initial mold build.

I'll let it harden and do two more layers after work tomorrow hopefully.

I'm thinking if I've enough hardener, I'll have a scoop for final shaping this weekend!!!!

Which means, I make the final ajustments to the scoop if weather permits! I dislike working fiberglass indoors.. :P I've an airbrush room, it's vented and all, but it's still pretty stinky.

Once I get the final mold made, I'll start buying up some supplies for the gel coat and all.

Fiberglass is quite nasty stuff, but the results are awesome!