Downpipe recommendations?

Headers, cats, uppipes, downpipes, midpipes and mufflers.

Moderators: Helpinators, Moderators

SubaruNation
Fifth Gear

Post by SubaruNation »

sweet, good info!

i have not picked one out yet.

im thinking a 3" bellmouth ebay one will work best
Zach - Legacy Frankenstin
93forestpearl wrote:Keep up the good work. You'll never know what you are capable of unless you push yourself.
greg donovan
Fourth Gear

Post by greg donovan »

BXSS wrote:
It is longer than the OEM DP so the stock SS exhaust will have to be shortened if used with a WRX DP.
sounds like i could get away with using my STI axel back without shortening anything.
96 Impreza L sedan
97 legacy outback limited
00 Impreza RS sedan
SubaruNation
Fifth Gear

Post by SubaruNation »

greg donovan wrote:
BXSS wrote:
It is longer than the OEM DP so the stock SS exhaust will have to be shortened if used with a WRX DP.
sounds like i could get away with using my STI axel back without shortening anything.
you can i have it installed in my car
93forestpearl wrote:Keep up the good work. You'll never know what you are capable of unless you push yourself.
SubaruNation
Fifth Gear

Post by SubaruNation »

ok so i am looking for a 3" one again so if anyone has one they dont want feel free to let me know
Airgne
Second Gear

Post by Airgne »

ok. im wondering(not hijacking thread) if anyone know if anyone makes a screamer(atmosphere) downpipe. i used them on my nissan's while in japan. there should be a pic below. just as a example of what i mean.

1997 Nissan Laurel ClubS25t
2001 Legacy Gt Ltd(167awhp&165.7awtq)Best 00-04 Legacy at WCSS11(West Coast Subaru Show)
1992 Legacy SS(Sold)
1991 Legacy L Wagon(Sold)(400,000+miles and running strong!!)
Spitfire999
First Gear

Post by Spitfire999 »

I have the HKS downpipe, got it for 100 used...quality is great, and its not chrome. Only thing is that it doesn't have the bolt which attaches to the transmission, has anyone just had one of these welded on or just left it unbolted?
SubaruNation
Fifth Gear

Post by SubaruNation »

pics of it if you want to sell it?
BXSS
Fourth Gear

Post by BXSS »

If you want a open w/g dump you will probably have to make it yourself using the stock D/P flange.

Road-Race-Engineering makes a raw flange ready to be turned into one of these, but it is for the 4g63 o2 housing.
94 Legacy SS
96 Impreza OBS
99 Impreza OBS-T
04 Sienna XLE Limited AWD
Dr. Gonzo
First Gear

Post by Dr. Gonzo »

Or you could buy Spitfire999's HKS downpipe and have a tube welded on that dumps into the atmoshpere? It would be harder to do on a bellmouth or divorced WG housing DP but much simplier on the HKS piece, it would look similar to the pic you posted except in coated carbon steel not SS.
04 Forester XTi VF39, TMIC, 3" exhaust, COBB accessport
92 Legacy L wagon 5 spd, 266K miles
83 wagon SOLD
04 STi COBB stage 2 & wingless SOLD
92 Legacy SS 5MT-TD04,TMIC, 3"exhaust SOLD
00 Legacy GT wagon 5spd SOLD
90 Legacy LSi wagon