MY R6S!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is for non-Subaru related topics. Keep it realistic please.

Moderator: Moderators

LegacyPunk
Second Gear

MY R6S!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by LegacyPunk »

Hey everyone, I finally did it. I bought an 08 R6S, so far I love it, getting insurance when I have some time to do so, then I can start doing some late late night parking lot practice. I took the MSF over the weekend and passed scoring the best out of my group.

(don't worry, the legacy and the R6S get along fine, I checked this morning, no open passenger door and bike on the ground ) :lol:

In my legacy news, she recently hit the big 200,000 and is still solid. :D

anywhoo, time for pictures...

Anyway hope everyones doing well, I waved to someone with a Maroon turbo not too along ago (felt cool), maybe they are on here? who knows......
:twisted::cool::twisted: "Plenty of time, to ruin my life, so why start now?" The Movie Life
1993 Sports Sedan, Exhaust, MBC, 02 WRX IC, KYB GR-2s...Now with old back seat!
quicklook
Second Gear

Post by quicklook »

be careful.

pretend everything on the road is trying to hit you.

bike looks good.
BAC5.2

Post by BAC5.2 »

Get riding boots. After dragging the sole of my boot in a 90+ sweeper, I was REALLY happy I wasn't wearing my adidas.
2009 Outback 2.5XT. 5MT. Satin White Pearl.
2009 Impreza 2.5i Premium. Blue.

[quote="scottzg"]...I'm not a fan of the vagina...[/quote][quote="evolutionmovement"]This will all go much easier if people stop doubting me.[/quote]
quicklook
Second Gear

Post by quicklook »

wear leathers.

a friend lost part of his butt falling off his pocket rocket.
LegacyPunk
Second Gear

Post by LegacyPunk »

Don't worry, I have riding boots (riding pants are on the way), just wasn't wearing them at the moment, Felt a bit clunky at the MSF course, but coming home it felt like I could feel comfortable shifting in my boots. We learned on shitty nighthawks with squishy suspension, drum brakes, and crappy balance. This bike blew my mind compared to that pos. 410 lbs feels like 200 :D.

I already think everyone on the road is gonna do something stupid and always allow lots of space, driving or riding.
:twisted::cool::twisted: "Plenty of time, to ruin my life, so why start now?" The Movie Life
quicklook
Second Gear

Post by quicklook »

sounds like you are thinking ahead.

have fun with the new bike and talk nice to the subaru on the way out of the garage with the bike.
LegacyPunk
Second Gear

Post by LegacyPunk »

Oh yeah, I did about a month of research before deciding on anything, read through countless forums on what to do / not to do on a bike, plenty of you tube how to vids, all kinds of stuff. Saftey and situational awareness have been my top concerns throughout. There will be many late night parking lot rides in my future :)
BXSS
Fourth Gear

Post by BXSS »

I used to wear Timberlands on my R1 & I beat them up pretty badly but they are still get used for working on the cars.

The R6 is 410lbs?
My registration for the R1 listed weight as 385lbs.
I'd think a newer smaller motored bike would be lighter.

Enjoy & be careful....
94 Legacy SS
96 Impreza OBS
99 Impreza OBS-T
04 Sienna XLE Limited AWD
jamal
Vendor
Vendor

Post by jamal »

That's your first bike and you've never ridden before?

try not to die.
entirelyturbo
quasi-mod-o
quasi-mod-o

Post by entirelyturbo »

I know several people who started out on 600s and didn't kill themselves.

Just don't be stupid.
2000 Subaru Legacy B4 RSK

"Der Wahnsinn ist nur eine schmale Brücke/die Ufer sind Vernunft und Trieb"

*Formerly DerFahrer*

@entirelyturbo on social media, including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and TikTok
Aerotech
Fourth Gear

Post by Aerotech »

Sweet bike, congrats...

You look like The Stig. :D
Jerry

'04 Passat GLS 4Motion 5MT (Subaru by VW)
'86 Vanagon Syncro Camper Garage Queen
LegacyPunk
Second Gear

Post by LegacyPunk »

Thanks! :D

About the whole 600 as a first bike thing I pretty much got..

50% no way
50% no problem

so not much help when you get that kind of info :lol:

I was looking into an 08 Ninja 250 for a long time but the availability of them just sucked around these parts. (plus I love how the R6S looks). Anyway I'm 24 and went through my stupid street racing phase from like 17-20, something clicks when your going 115MPH and you think, "if my tire blew, or if something went wrong, I'm dead".

Another thing I noticed is that I felt way more likely to fall over and not so much in control on the nighthawk I was on during the MSF course. This R6S is rediculously well balanced and I feel more comfortable on it doing slow speed stuff vs that crappy nightwawk (Did I mention it didn't like shifting into second :lol:, great bike to learn on huh?)

Don't worry guys im a very careful and aware driver/rider :D been driving for almost 10 years accident free.

P.S Top Gear is awesome :lol:
LegacyPunk
Second Gear

Post by LegacyPunk »

Oh yeah, I ran into my first rain today when I went to go fill it up...for only $13.00 by the way :D...it started raining, and since I don't feel all that comfortable about riding in the rain, I pulled into the Dairy Queen just across the parking lot for some ice cream and waited till it stopped and roads evaporated a bit.
Imprezive
Fourth Gear

Post by Imprezive »

OMG I want a bike so bad!
1992 T-Leg = 195whp 197wtq SOLD :(
1988 4Runner RIP
2006 Suzuki DRZ400sm
2007 Miata
1994 Miata
2003 WRX Wagon
2016 Mazda 3
BXSS
Fourth Gear

Post by BXSS »

I learned the basics on a 1000cc R1.

I then purchased a R1 brand spanking new.
I would have advanced faster on a 600cc bike, but learning on a 1000cc scared me from doing anything too stupid too soon.
After a while I really got the hang of it & was able to beat on it with the best of them.

I did try a R6 (600cc bike) after getting the hang of my R1 (1000cc bike), swapped bikes with a friend & the lack of torque makes them easy to beat on @ WOT Vs the 1000cc bike which is how I know I would have acted an ass too quickly on a 600.
94 Legacy SS
96 Impreza OBS
99 Impreza OBS-T
04 Sienna XLE Limited AWD
dzx
Fifth Gear

Post by dzx »

I must be getting dislexic, I saw this thread and thought audi rs6. Congrats on the new bike, and like everyone else said, watch your ass.
///M
'93 Legacy SS - part out
LegacyPunk
Second Gear

Post by LegacyPunk »

Thanks, I love how the R1's look as well. I notice something leaking under my bike today and got a bit scared, but turns out it was just the fuel tank breather hose (so I think its normal for that to leak sometimes? parked in the sun so maybe some fumes expanded or something)

I think when it comes to learning how to do something that can kill/injure you, it's all about the approach, slow and steady wins the race.
Redlined
Fourth Gear

Post by Redlined »

Awesome vehicles. Just drive like a sane man. Remember, They don't run crash tests on Motorcycles for a reason.
Dave
Vendor

Post by TheShocker »

That is the sickness! There are so many good roads where you live, too. I'm envious!
05 Jeep Liberty CRD turbo diesel
91 Mazda Miata
91 Legacy Sport Sedan 5MT
89 Honda CRX Si turbo
supra90turbo
First Gear

Post by supra90turbo »

Congrats! I finally got a bike of my own this year, 2006 Honda RC51. I love it. Everyone will tell you that you will die and it's a death wish, but you gotta take risks in life and as long as you're looking out for you on the road, you'll be fine. Just remember that , though. If you're not looking out for you, nobody is. Nobody sees a motorcycle. I've been riding for 8+ years and I've overlooked them or simply not seen them in the past.

Nice choice on the R6S. They are a nice bike. My buddy bought an 08 R6 this year and to anyone who says you can't start out on a 600cc, that's BS. They're so easy to ride, as long as you're not clutching it up and trying to be stupid, they're really tame, considering the lack of torque.

Good luck out there!
94 Ti Pearl White - 191k - Tein - Rota - Dunlop - ITG
94 Mi Blue Metallic - 210k - Whiteline - Pirelli - RallyArmor - Hella - AEM
farfrumwork
Second Gear

Post by farfrumwork »

Hey man - that was me in the winestone SS you waved at recently :)

I see you around every now and then - I live in Louisville.

Anyway - nice bike. You sound like you have your head on straight so I'll spare you the safety lesson.

I ride a '75 CB550 that I've cafe'd out a bit (drag bars, solo saddle, 4-1, etc...). Wave if ya see me (It's mono-blue, and I roll a silver helmet with black/silver leather). It's down right now in my garage under the knife (carb rebuild, front wheel bearings, and whatnot - 33yr old bikes need love 8) )

-Chad
Old - '93 T-Leg - 14.693 @ 92.68 at 5800ft ASL (Bandimere Speedway)
New - 07 Spec B/stg 2

"bloodstains - speed kills -fast cars - cheap thrills -rich girls - fine wine
i've lost my sense - i've lost control - i've lost my mind" Agent Orange
LegacyPunk
Second Gear

Post by LegacyPunk »

Awesome! I always get excited when I see another SS flying around (no offense NA guys :D )

In bike riding news im getting better with shifting (smoother), emergency parking lot avoidance skills were tested the other day, (one of those mini-vans that decide to take up the whole lane when you just turn in). Getting more comfortable with more lean with turns too. Hit my horn a few times trying to signal (my fingers aren't the longest of appendages, but getting better at that as well). Oh yeah and 65 on the highway is not as scary as I thought it would be :D.

Annnnd a few more parts for my 93 turbo are in the works, EBC (greddy profec-b or something) and possibly one of those stereos you can just plug an mp3 player into, oh yeah and a new o2 sensor too.