Subaru Legacy 2.2 soon to be Turbo (restoring) IN ICELAND ??

Show us your Legacy pictures and videos.

Moderator: Moderators

siggi h
In Neutral

Subaru Legacy 2.2 soon to be Turbo (restoring) IN ICELAND ??

Post by siggi h »

hi guys, im new to this forum.. just found it by accident hehe. my name is Siggi H and im from iceland.

this is my subaru Legacy 1.8 GL 4WD '91

i've done ALOT for this car in the past weeks.. new brakes on front and rear, new interior from 2004 Subaru Impreza, Steering Wheel from 97 Legacy GT, custom gear unit inside, and custom handbrake unit. Xenon headlights and more and more... new speakers in the front and back, new Soundstream DVD player with 3,5" monitor.

also i bought 17" black rims and new tires, they are in the garage and waiting for the winter to be over..

we are currently making a swap from 1.8 to 2.2 Turbo engine after the weekend. also the car will be dropped.. not sure how much yet but i will bring update as soon as it starts. i bought a 2.2 car last friday an will pick it up after the weekend. after all this the car will have all new paint.. im thinks White with a black top, or Orange with black top... Orange like my Ram Daytona. here is a picture of my Ram on Car show earlier this year. hope my english isnt to bad.

but back to the legacy, here are some pictures took them at our garage, my friends are buying alot of crashed Subaru, GT, WRX and STi for parts and selling them.. so i get my share of parts and all kinds of stuff :) will bring update as soon as i start the next step. the car was just cleaned on the inside one day before this picture.. everything got cleaned, interior, seats, floor and yeah.. everything is like new.

hope you like it, Regards Siggi H
Last edited by siggi h on Tue Feb 10, 2009 9:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Subaru Legacy 2.2 STW 4WD '91 (project)
Chevrolet Lacetti STW '05
hallowpoint
First Gear

Post by hallowpoint »

so one lever is the parking brake, is that other lever for the transfer case?

ericem
Fifth Gear

Post by ericem »

Yup they have a hi and low range.

Question, where is teh cup holder if there a clock there? Sweet car. That impreza there is pretty sick btw.
1993 Subaru Legacy L AWD Wagon R.I.P
1994 Subaru Legacy SS R.I.P :(
2004 Nissan Titan LE 4X4
2007 Subaru Legacy GT :)
kimokalihi
Fifth Gear

Post by kimokalihi »

Looks like that is the clock and the cup holder maybe. Or maybe in iceland they don't drink beverages while driving.
98 Metro Hatch Daily Driver :)
91 SS EJ20G Engine/Tranny/Diff Swap Build Thread Here
"Your testes are close to your bottom but you still play with them all the time." Jeremy Clarkson
siggi h
In Neutral

Post by siggi h »

hehe, there is no cup holder.. but change of plans today, i found a GOOD 2.2 car and im going to use all of the stuff from this car on the 2.2 car
AWD_addict
Fifth Gear

Post by AWD_addict »

I bet the Hi/Low transfer case comes in handy. The raised roof looks odd without a roof rack. Extra headroom for big warm hats?

That yellow GC looks good.
90 L+ wgn
Legacy777
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Legacy777 »

Welcome the board and let us know how things are coming with the car.
Josh

surrealmirage.com/subaru
1990 Legacy (AWD, 6MT, & EJ22T Swap)
2020 Outback Limted XT

If you need to get a hold of me please email me rather then pm
Scandinavianflick
In Neutral

Post by Scandinavianflick »

Welcome, I´m new too and the funny part is that I´m also from Iceland. Beautiful Leggy you've got there pal. Any further future plans?
Subaru Legacy 1991 GX 2.2

[url]http://www.myspace.com/wistariatheband[/url]
[url]http://www.myspace.com/blindcrestice[/url]
BXSS
Fourth Gear

Post by BXSS »

Cool tranny with the low/high range!

Is it always 4x4 or can it be in a 2wd mode the way older trucks with these types of x-fer cases can???
94 Legacy SS
96 Impreza OBS
99 Impreza OBS-T
04 Sienna XLE Limited AWD
siggi h
In Neutral

Post by siggi h »

hey guys.. well i decided to buy a 2.2 legacy and fix it instead, it has almost no rust on it! nothing that cant be fixed.. so i parted out the 1.8 car and started on the 2.2. ALMOST everything in the suspension is new, along with alot of new parts to the engine and more. got a strutbar at the front from Impreza GT '99 and ALOT ALOT MORE... check out the video

i have everything to make the car turbo, but im going to see what i will do..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ldXb2DC4 ... annel_page

here is a video about what has been done yet.. im currently working more on the car now. its going to be repainted white with black roof this summer.

if you cant watch the video or you don't want to then here is a link to all the pictures i have from this..

http://s76.photobucket.com/albums/j27/siggihelga/

hope you like what has been done so far.
SubOnno
First Gear

Post by SubOnno »

Hey great work !

I also changed my blue dash for a Legacy Turbo black dash!
Looks much much better,

----------
For the cupholder:

In europe etc. all the Legacy's didn't have a cupholder, for the gen 1 not even an option. For the gen 2 it was an option and quite an expensive one (around 125 doller ex vat)
Subaru Legacy MY94 2.0 AWD
siggi h
In Neutral

Post by siggi h »

thanks, i kind of like the blue interior because of the seats have a little blue color in the middle so it works for me as a combination. i will keep you guys updated on the work as it goes along. :)