Looking For Hoseclamps for my Intercooler piping.

Front, Top, Air, Water.

Moderators: Helpinators, Moderators

Redlined
Fourth Gear

Looking For Hoseclamps for my Intercooler piping.

Post by Redlined »

Collecting parts for my 06 intercooler install.

I went to Horsepower Freaks in Portland. Their a high presure sales outfit that doesnt seem to worried about your business unless your dropping big bucks, Been there three times. Been un-impressed each time. Anyways. got a Silicone intercooler hose kit for a06-07 WRX. They didnt have them in stock so I got them shipped. a few days later (at least thier service was prompt) Got the Kit via FedX. Open it up... no hose clamps. Went back to HPF and was promptly blown off and told to goto Baxters auto suppy. Well. Baxters doesnt sell that type of hose clamp, doesnt deal with the company that made my hoses (Samco sport for the inquiring mind) and cant order the clamps in the size I need. Went to the manufacturers websight, there is a "clip kit" made. but only available through retailers.

At this point I really dont want to waste my time or my money at HPF. Anybody know a retailer that deals with SAMCO sport. or for that matter can order a generic set of clips that will fit.

On another subject. 06-07 intercooler. to the right of the throttle body there is a place for a daimond shaped piece of metal to bolt on that (I think) Plumbs to the blow off valve... My intercooler doesnt have the piece of metal. Anyone know what it is called so I can order a new one?

Thanks in advance!
Dave

Post by ScottyS »

The adapter plate you need is this one: you will also need to figure out how to adapt the BPV hose onto it.

Ebay Link

Or, custom make your own plate, it should not be too hard.
1991 SS build thread: http://bbs.legacycentral.org/viewtopic.php?t=40430
Redlined
Fourth Gear

Post by Redlined »

Got it ordered! Thank you Scotty!
Dave

Post by ScottyS »

You bet. I used some high-pressure hose from Home Depot (in the plumbing section) with the correct I.D., and then a PVC reducer to the BPV hose. I need to take a pic and upload it.
kimokalihi
Fifth Gear

Post by kimokalihi »

I too bought the same samco y pipe kit and 06 intercooler. I need the hose clamps as well. I'm about to buy an EJ25D intake manifold that should hopefully clear the BPV so I won't need this adapter but if not I'll need to buy this one.

Where do you get the clamps?
98 Metro Hatch Daily Driver :)
91 SS EJ20G Engine/Tranny/Diff Swap Build Thread Here
"Your testes are close to your bottom but you still play with them all the time." Jeremy Clarkson
BSOD2600
Fourth Gear

Post by BSOD2600 »

From looking around at others setups, I was under the impression the correct clamps to get for the silicon hoses are t-clamps. The worm clamps will dig into the tubing, I thought.

I just ordered up my y-tube and t-clamps from http://www.maperformance.com (NASIOC vendor)... we'll see how it all works out when they arrive later this week. Then time for the install and detailed writeup.

'11 WRX Limited
'94 SS | 3" TBE, 07 TMIC, TD05H-16G, Revtronix Stage 2, Walbro -- Sold
'94 TW | R.I.P.
93forestpearl
Fifth Gear

Post by 93forestpearl »

When I need T-bolt clamps, I usually go to a diesel truck shop. They usually have an assortment of sizes.
→Dan

piddster34 at h0tma1l d0t c0m
ScottyS
Second Gear

Post by ScottyS »

NAPA has "constant torque" clamps that if you get the proper size, will not have very much of the worm slots exposed. They are nice and wide as well.
BXSS
Fourth Gear

Post by BXSS »

+1 on the diesel truck parts place for silicon connectors (larger diameters) & t-bolt clamps in a bind.
94 Legacy SS
96 Impreza OBS
99 Impreza OBS-T
04 Sienna XLE Limited AWD