I feel bad for anyone living near chehalis, wa right now.

This is for non-Subaru related topics. Keep it realistic please.

Moderator: Moderators

kimokalihi
Fifth Gear

I feel bad for anyone living near chehalis, wa right now.

Post by kimokalihi »

Notice the record high is 20.2' and the forecast is 20.1'. December 2007 was the record high flood. This is supposed to be just as bad. To those of you who didn't see the flood, here's some pictures to give you an idea.

The water under that overpass was at least 15' high. The walmart super center had nearly a foot of water inside. They had to throw away everything on the bottom of the shelf and almost all the food in grocery.

I ate at this restaurant not long before the flood.

I heard the water came in a matter of minutes and nobody had time to get out.

98 Metro Hatch Daily Driver :)
91 SS EJ20G Engine/Tranny/Diff Swap Build Thread Here
"Your testes are close to your bottom but you still play with them all the time." Jeremy Clarkson
92ss satinsvoice
Third Gear

Post by 92ss satinsvoice »

my god.. thats insane. i live in Washington but we're all good down here in Vancouver.

i wish them the best of luck over this indever.
Andy
94 L n/a 5spd, Rip
92 ss burgundy, weekend toy - owner since 2006
mods: too much to list, lost track after $16,000
91 ss champagne - Rip
93 L wagon - Sold (in the family)
97 OBW LTD - Sold (in the family)
88 Leon GL Hatchback - DD
Apex3
Fourth Gear

Post by Apex3 »

Wow, I haven't seen those pics. Lucky I live on a hill...
kimokalihi
Fifth Gear

Post by kimokalihi »

Robert Scott, fire chief of Thurston County Fire District 1, in Rochester, said it's clearly the worst flood he's ever seen. "In the past, it almost dropped off as fast as it rose. That's not happening. It's taking time for the water to find its way through places that haven't seen water for 500 years," he said.

It's been raining for days. At least 2 days non stop and still going srtong right now. I drove to my girlfriends and then out to Olympia to have dinner and it's flooding across roads all over the place. Tenino, now has a lake where a nice field used to be and I saw a road that was next to this lake, or part of it actually, under at least a foot of water.

The water level has reached 14.39 ft as of 11pm Wednesday the 7th 2009. It's still climbing and is predicted to rise another 5ft by 10pm Thursday night.

I might be able to go back to work on sunday. Maybe. That means I'll miss friday and saturday for sure and after that crazy snow storm we had I already missed 4 days. :shock:

I was watching the news and they said they are expecting record breaking flood levels again.
"Your testes are close to your bottom but you still play with them all the time." Jeremy Clarkson
kimokalihi
Fifth Gear

Post by kimokalihi »

I think tomorrow I'm gonna take my new digital camera out and get some pictures of the carnage. If I do I'll post them up here. Last year in Pe Ell there was a big bridge that was swept downstream by the flood. I drove by it and couldn't believe my eyes. It was like the kind of bridge on an overpass but not as long. Just ripped right out of place and down the river! Looked like something out of a movie.

You have to see it in real life to really get a good idea of how big it was and how deep that river got. It had to have been 20 ft above normal because you could see the water level on the trees above the river banks!

kimokalihi
Fifth Gear

Post by kimokalihi »

I just realized I didn't need to repost that graph because it updates itself.
beatersubi
Fifth Gear

Post by beatersubi »

Damn. Does this mean prices are going up at Walmart?
Seriously though, I honestly feel bad for all the poeple who bought brand-new houses in a flood basin a few years ago.
93 legacy wagon L, 22T swapped (TW imitator) now with five forward speeds. (Gone, but never forgotten)
johndrivesabox wrote: Rally, my kyboard is brok, his has nohing o do wih h liquor.
Originalcyn wrote:Apparently everyone hates Gabe.
Apex3
Fourth Gear

Post by Apex3 »

I stopped and took a picture from the Renton library on the way to registering my car.

John Drivesabox
Second Gear

Post by John Drivesabox »

I was gonna make a joke about Chehalis and their proximity to Schlongview, but there nothing funny about a flood.... Unless the house belongs to a family of clowns.
[quote="George McFly"] Hey you, get your damn hands off her!
[/quote]

Navy Chief, what's your specialty?
Legacy777
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Legacy777 »

Here's some more.

This link will probably only work in IE

http://www.main.experiencetherave.com/i ... ington.mht
Josh

surrealmirage.com/subaru
1990 Legacy (AWD, 6MT, & EJ22T Swap)