WTB a stage clutch

Got something for sale? Need to sell a part? Got some stuff on auction that you want to let us know about?

(Legacy Central BBS is not responsible for any arbitration between its users relative to this forum.
Play nice and deal straight)

Moderators: Helpinators2, Moderators

Forum rules
Please see the NEW Parts Shed Rules before posting: http://www.bbs.legacycentral.org/viewto ... 15&t=55814

Sales of parts and parting cars only. Complete or parted car posts should be made in Car Lot: http://www.bbs.legacycentral.org/viewforum.php?f=32
scootledoo
First Gear

WTB a stage clutch

Post by scootledoo »

can anyone give me some quotes.. or a place to buy.. im not sure what im looking at price wise, and i wana know install difficulty level if any of ya have been there already. so yea any help would be great. thanks everyone.
-Scotty
91 Legacy turbo SS
de-snorked,exedy clutch, act flywheel.
screemingbark
First Gear

Post by screemingbark »

I don't know what price range you're looking at, but I bought my stage 2 clutch from Competitionclutch.com. They have awesome service and are very helpful over the phone. Also make sure to specify that you have a PULL STYLE pressure plate. The clutch that was shipped to me at first was push style. Also if you go to replace the flywheel, make sure that you get one for the TURBO model because the N/A and Turbo cars are very different, but look the same. sorry to go on about the clutch assembly a bit, but I had a lot of trouble gathering parts for the TURBO model. Parts stores don't realize that the TURBO car has TURBO parts and the N/A car has N/A parts. As far as the clutch job goes, it's a pain in the ass. Broken bolts, drilling and tapping holes, getting correct parts. It doesn't like to come apart when it's been together for 10+ years. Good luck. Check out competitionclutch.com, they have stage 1 to stage 5 clutches. This will help you a lot with taking apart the clutch assembly, go to [/url]http://www.subaru.com/microsites/spt/te ... on.sptmain[/url], there are instructions on how to remove the clutch, there are instructions on how to remove the clutch. It's not for the Legacy's but the cars are so closely designed that these instructions are VERY helpful.
n2x4
Fourth Gear

Post by n2x4 »

Just an FYI, you can use a 02-05 WRX clutch.
SUBARUEHS Racing
screemingbark
First Gear

Post by screemingbark »

yes, I forgot to mention that. You can use an 02'-05' WRX clutch.
Threshld1
Second Gear

Post by Threshld1 »

I have an ACT heavy duty pressure plate and oem disc w/ ~5k on them. i would be using them myself but i got an 06 wrx gearbox and its a lame push style :x PM me if your interested i got plenty of pics.
93 SS 5MT - TD05H-16G, 06 TMIC, Walbro, Zeitronix WB-02 - Scrapped too much rust
91 SS AT
97 Outback - Prodrive quick rack, DMS 40
Imprezive
Fourth Gear

Post by Imprezive »

For refference, I'm using an Exedy oem wrx clutch and my car makes 200whp and the clutch holds just fine. It cost me like $140 on ebay.
1992 T-Leg = 195whp 197wtq SOLD :(
1988 4Runner RIP
2006 Suzuki DRZ400sm
2007 Miata
1994 Miata
2003 WRX Wagon
2016 Mazda 3
Threshld1
Second Gear

Post by Threshld1 »

Imprezive wrote:For refference, I'm using an Exedy oem wrx clutch and my car makes 200whp and the clutch holds just fine. It cost me like $140 on ebay.
Yes this is why i went with a heavy duty pressure plate instead of a puck clutch. Gives a nice stiff pedal and engagement feel but isnt a whore to daily drive. No problems with my 16g power... besides the 200k gearbox not wanting to have teeth on 2nd anymore... :shock:
93 SS 5MT - TD05H-16G, 06 TMIC, Walbro, Zeitronix WB-02 - Scrapped too much rust
91 SS AT
97 Outback - Prodrive quick rack, DMS 40
scootledoo
First Gear

Post by scootledoo »

sweet thanks everyone, you guys have helped quite a bit. i'd really love to get my hands on a sti tranny and just not have to worry about it lol
-Scotty
91 Legacy turbo SS
de-snorked,exedy clutch, act flywheel.