Kills/Killed by...

This is for non-Subaru related topics. Keep it realistic please.

Moderator: Moderators

93forestpearl
Fifth Gear

Post by 93forestpearl »

Before the wreck, I pulled a length on a C5 vette from about a 5 roll. We blew up to 60-70ish. It was a light on a 60mph highway.

It seems like whenever I was driving my car, I wouldn't run into many opportunities like that. I never saw any Mustang GT's. Now that I'm in the beater, they are all over the place, as are the stupid ricers that need to be put down.
→Dan

piddster34 at h0tma1l d0t c0m
joeWM
Second Gear

Post by joeWM »

haha new one added to the list, so me and a buddy goin to the good ol local BK, and some punk ass lookin kid in this daddys company chevy pulls up to us at a red light and hes got 2 girls in the truck with him he revs it a few times then i see the girls lookin at me and laughing, green light i drop it and gun it, fuckin pulled away in a flash, came to the next red light looked over at him started laughin, he was all straight faced looked butthurt.
[quote="kimokalihi"]Jesus, that's a grocery list of problems.[/quote]
92 Legacy SS 5MT....sold :(
02 Aspen white WRX Stage 2, 20%tint
_Aramchek_
First Gear

Post by _Aramchek_ »

Killed-
99 outback sport
2007/8 Nissan Frontier V-6
another Grand Prix
Killed by-
AC Cobra repplicar (lol)
Stage 2 Chevy Cobalt (lol)
_Aramchek_
First Gear

Post by _Aramchek_ »

some mid 90's eagle talon with a big loud coffee can exhaust,he passed me then hit his brakes so the next passing zone I swung out around him and nailed the gas,he did too and I pulled right past him with ease.. He tried to pass me again and couldn't manage to keep up.
92ss satinsvoice
Third Gear

Post by 92ss satinsvoice »

i was down on mill plain blvd at night just cruszin around when i past by a 40th year anniversary supercharged mustang gt. gave it a little gas so i could get his attention with my compressor surge. it definitely worked, so we pull up to the next light, it turns green and he hits it.
i was able to keep up with him though 1st 2ed and when i shifted to 3ed he just started to pull away. he was shocked when i told him that it was a little turbo'd 4cyliner.
Andy
94 L n/a 5spd, Rip
92 ss burgundy, weekend toy - owner since 2006
mods: too much to list, lost track after $16,000
91 ss champagne - Rip
93 L wagon - Sold (in the family)
97 OBW LTD - Sold (in the family)
88 Leon GL Hatchback - DD
James614
Fourth Gear

Post by James614 »

My Touring Wagon got killed by a coworker's 450cc race quad. I did a full-power brake launch, and managed to hold him through 1st gear, but when I hit 2nd he just left me. By about 85ish I finally caught back up.

The cool thing is that another guy with a lightly modded '91 M5 (chip, exhaust, short-shifter) went after him and got downright murdered right from the start (even with a good launch), and didn't catch him until 100+ at about the same distance that my wagon did :-D

Another guy was there with a '96ish 318is that I wanted to kill, but he was too much of a puss. Mumbled some crazy talk about keeping his license :lol:

This all happened at work, on the clock btw :D
93 Touring Wagon (EJ20G 5spd Swap) -- Finally back and running strong as ever!

05 Outback 2.5XT 5spd -- Now the wife can have her SUV and get in on the turbo Legacy goodness at the same time.
Imprezive
Fourth Gear

Post by Imprezive »

Killed: 2004 wrx w/ exhaust (not sure if it was just a cat-back or what, sounded like maybe a turbo-back but idk) Oh and it had dealer plates on it, so it was a new purchase to whom ever was driving it

I was heading towards the freeway on a 4 lane divided avenue. Caught up to the wrx and drove behind him for a few blocks and by chance we hit a read light, we were in front of the rest of traffic and the lanes leading to the next signal were completely clear of cars. I wasn't sure if he was gonna do anything so when the light turned green I just rolled on the throttle like normal then I saw him hammer it so I did the same.

He got the jump since he initiated the race and was about half a car in front of me by the top of first. Shifted into second and pulled a nose in front of him, 3rd gear pulled me about a car length in front with a few thousand rpm left but had to shutdown for the next red light.

I'm guessing I would have been able to walk away until 5th gear, if we had the room. At the next red light he wouldn't look at me, I wanted to ask him how he felt about my ugly duckling spanking his newer machine
1992 T-Leg = 195whp 197wtq SOLD :(
1988 4Runner RIP
2006 Suzuki DRZ400sm
2007 Miata
1994 Miata
2003 WRX Wagon
2016 Mazda 3
asc_up
Fifth Gear

Post by asc_up »

I pulled up behind a new Mustang GT today. He tried taking off at the light so I did too. I stayed right on his ass the entire time and he couldn't shake me. Then we pulled up next to each other at the next light and I roasted him lol.

It was beautiful.

JDM>USDM
-Aaron

2000 Audi S4 - 2.7L Twin-turbo, 6 Speed

[quote="evolutionmovement"]It was me. And those are my balls. Happy Sunday![/quote]
Imprezive
Fourth Gear

Post by Imprezive »

Killed: Newer Pontiac Grand Prix

It was on the last signal before the city road opens up into a country road. I was stopped and the pontiac was coming up on my right. The light turned green and he easily had 5mph at least on me. I was walking away by 3rd gear.

They were angry and tailgated me for a while. So I went 35mph to make them happier. :P
1988 4Runner RIP
2006 Suzuki DRZ400sm
2007 Miata
1994 Miata
2003 WRX Wagon
2016 Mazda 3
94SS_Canada
Third Gear

Post by 94SS_Canada »

Imprezive wrote:Killed: Newer Pontiac Grand Prix

It was on the last signal before the city road opens up into a country road. I was stopped and the pontiac was coming up on my right. The light turned green and he easily had 5mph at least on me. I was walking away by 3rd gear.

They were angry and tailgated me for a while. So I went 35mph to make them happier. :P
Aawesome, killed a modded chevy truck with my buddys 5.7 V8 2WD truck, lame
FastRust
beatersubi
Fifth Gear

Post by beatersubi »

Killed by a newer Chevy/GMC Colorado/Canyon on the way to work this morning. My car is slow.
Killed by a newer Chevy Silverado on the way home. Going ~30mph in the fast lane on the freeway when he changed lanes into my right fender. I guess he thought I was gonna stop for him. He wasn't interested in stopping to exchange info. The cops are looking for him now.
93 legacy wagon L, 22T swapped (TW imitator) now with five forward speeds. (Gone, but never forgotten)
johndrivesabox wrote: Rally, my kyboard is brok, his has nohing o do wih h liquor.
Originalcyn wrote:Apparently everyone hates Gabe.
Imprezive
Fourth Gear

Post by Imprezive »

killed a mid 90's civic w/ exhaust and rear subframe brace. LOL he wouldnt give up, even when we were on the freeway.

killed by a porsche 944. I think it had some stuff done to it.
1988 4Runner RIP
2006 Suzuki DRZ400sm
2007 Miata
1994 Miata
2003 WRX Wagon
2016 Mazda 3
douglas vincent
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by douglas vincent »

Finally a little stoplight action.

Me, it the NA low compression turbo to be daily driver, them, a 2002ish Legacy sedan.

They got a 2-3' jump, then even at the shift, then I pulled 2-3' up to about 50-60 where I knew I was winning and let off.
Reddevil, Awaiting new heart, will it ever happen?
1990 wagon, EJ25 12.3 @ 116.5 FAST Family wagon getting new motor soon
1992 wagon, wifes daily, high compression
1992 Touring wagon, should I keep it?
wtdash
Fifth Gear

Post by wtdash »

Potential Killed By:
Pulled up behind a Dodge Caliber SRT4 ( 285 horsepower and 265 lb-ft of torque - all thru the front wheels only). We were both turning right onto the freeway which had 2 lanes merging to one about 1/2 way down.

Light turns, he slowly pulls into the left lane, leaving the right lane open, I almost jumped on it, but wasn't sure if he was tempting me or not....about 2 seconds later HE jumps on it and is gone....really gone.

I'll admit I'm naive/ignorant about 'kills' (1st turbo car I've had), but he may have seen my hood scoop and knew I had a turbo....now I'm pretty sure he was baiting me.

It would've been a quick death... 4me!

Interestingly, I was taking the long way back to work just to get a speed fix. :-)
Turbo Subies:
'87 GL-10 Turbo - SOLD
'90 BJ EJ22T/DOHC & 5speed swap - SOLD
'04 FXT, Forged internals, VF39, STI TMIC, Cobb AP- SOLD
'93 Legacy SS - 5-speed, SOLD :-(
'02 WRX -SOLD
'96 BD-turbo'd-SOLD
'98 SF - NA-T
douglas vincent
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by douglas vincent »

Outback FXT....

Well, I would have killed him, but the moment I really took off, he realized he didnt have a chance and backed off. :lol:

Damn, the Daily Devil is going to be in the 12's I think!
Reddevil, Awaiting new heart, will it ever happen?
1990 wagon, EJ25 12.3 @ 116.5 FAST Family wagon getting new motor soon
1992 wagon, wifes daily, high compression
1992 Touring wagon, should I keep it?
magicmike
Fifth Gear

Post by magicmike »

ok, so I'm sitting at a light last night and a two cars pull up. I'm more concerned with the tiny rectangular headlights that I see and sloped hood of a first gen 300Z that slowly rollds up behind me. you dont see many of these on the roads so you know its some kid who has done some work to it. At the time I hadn't even realized the car next to me at the light was a civic 2005 ish range. So, I'm just sitting there and the light turns green and I just start off like nothing is going on because i was not even thinking about driving stupid. So now i see that the car next to me is a civic and the guy like winds out 1st and second to pull ahaid of me (Mind you I dont think this is even a race, I am pulling away from a redlight). So the guy getsa a car length in front of me and turns his hazards on! I was like "Oh fuck no you didn't!". I litterally mashed the acccelorater pedal to the floor, the tranny down shifted and I litterally flew by him in about 2-3 seconds at which point i think he started trying to keep up to no avail. So I thought about putting my hazards on for the amusement factor but thought the humiliation of getting smoked by a 14 year old subaru station wagon would suffice. So, I pulled up to the next light which was red to turn left and green to go straight and he pulls up two lanes over and stops at the green light in the middle of the road, with the Z behind him (friends I guess) and is throwing me a look. I had a moment where I thought "Is magicmike gonna have to choke a bitch!" as I starred the 16 y/o old down lol. but the light turned green for me so I proceeded to the bar for a beer alone like a loser but thats a whole other story!
-Mike

2011 Infiniti G37x Sedan - Current
2007 Ducati 800ss - Current
1994 Subaru Legacy Sport Wagon (White)
1994 Subaru Legacy Sport Wagon (Silver)
2003 Infiniri G35
1998 Infiniti I30t
1995 Honda Civic DX
1987 Subaru GL Wagon
1987 Subaru Loyale
evolutionmovement
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by evolutionmovement »

There's something about those Honda guys that causes them to think every stop light charge is a race no matter if there's a Volvo 240 driven by an old lady in the other lane. I killed a new Si who pulled the same kind of move, except it was pulling onto a long on ramp and onto the highway, but that was in the Mazda so it doesn't really belong here.
Midnight in a Perfect World on Amazon or order anywhere. The first book in a quartet chronicling the rise of a man from angry criminal to philanthropist. Midnight... is a distopic noirish novel featuring 'Duchess', a modified 1990 Subaru Legacy wagon.
Apex3
Fourth Gear

Post by Apex3 »

Eh, I haven't raced anyone in mine, not sure I will. I raced people in my e30 just to embarrass them, but this car isn't as fast, so I wouldn't get the same satisfaction...
smh0101
Fifth Gear

Post by smh0101 »

Most recent was at about 4 am on I-5 NB a few weeks ago.

A friends friend was following us back to Woodland from the club downtown, he drives a bug-eye Integra with a fart can and Nitrous... I didnt know he had Nitrous lol. He had been talking a lot of shit about it before we left and when we got on the on-ramp I floored it and took off like a bat-outta-hell and then let him catch up. When he caught up he got right next to me and wanted to go again and so we did... He lost... I kicked it down to third and topped it out then hit 4th, by this time I was hella pulling on him.

There was a 240sx that came up at the same time and joined in... It was SWEET killing both of them :D

Then I found out the Integra was juicing and still got his ass kicked... He kept going on and on about how he ran out...
~Spencer
94 Legacy Turbo (550 Robtune/ej20h v2 Sti RA drivetrain)
94 Legacy Ti Wagon (5mt ej22e)
91 rhd Legacy GT Wagon (factory 5mt, ej20g)
93 rhd Legacy GT type S2 Sedan (4eat, ej20g)
91 rhd Legacy Ti Type S 1.8
03 Lincoln LS V8 Sport
08 300 SRT8
Subtle
Third Gear

Acknowledged Kill

Post by Subtle »

This happened a couple of years ago when the TWagon had the high-stall converter, which helped a nice launch.

After dark with my mountain bike on the trailer hitch--so it looked slow. 8)

Going down a boulevard with one lane for traffic and one for parking and stopped at a light.

Dude in a Maxima 3.5 (?) and a grey toque pulls to the inside lane and there are no cars parked on the inside lane ahead.

I opened the exhaust cut out and on the green--launched and was many lengths down the block before he cleared the intersection. :-D

Then slowed to the speed limit--around 40 mph for a couple of blocks and he was impatient at my back. Ahead is a complicated intersection with no stop signs on my direction and a fall away turn downhill to the right.

Knowing how fast I can handle that section I pushed it through and then had to brake hard for the light at the bottom of the hill.

When he stopped in the inside lane he carefully looked at the car and then at me--and slowly put up his hands and applauded.

I gestured that he should go ahead. 8)
Subtle (normally aspirated engines suck):
05 Legacy GT Wagon with Cobb chip.
62 Alfa Romeo Spider- had a 1.6 L with 80 hp, now 2 L with 160 torque. Curb weight 2050 lbs.
93 Leg Twgn fmic, vf34, etc. ((sold))
555BCTurbo
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by 555BCTurbo »

smh0101 wrote:Most recent was at about 4 am on I-5 NB a few weeks ago.

A friends friend was following us back to Woodland from the club downtown, he drives a bug-eye Integra with a fart can and Nitrous... I didnt know he had Nitrous lol. He had been talking a lot of shit about it before we left and when we got on the on-ramp I floored it and took off like a bat-outta-hell and then let him catch up. When he caught up he got right next to me and wanted to go again and so we did... He lost... I kicked it down to third and topped it out then hit 4th, by this time I was hella pulling on him.

There was a 240sx that came up at the same time and joined in... It was SWEET killing both of them :D

Then I found out the Integra was juicing and still got his ass kicked... He kept going on and on about how he ran out...

That must be one nutless Integra if you are beating him with your near stock SS
Nick

1987 Audi 4000CS quattro...soon to be 20VT
1994 Dodge Ram 2500 4x4 CTD, #11 plate, 30 psi, Scotty II intake, 4" exhaust
beatersubi
Fifth Gear

Post by beatersubi »

^OOhhhh, sickburn!!!1! :o :lol: :P
93 legacy wagon L, 22T swapped (TW imitator) now with five forward speeds. (Gone, but never forgotten)
johndrivesabox wrote: Rally, my kyboard is brok, his has nohing o do wih h liquor.
Originalcyn wrote:Apparently everyone hates Gabe.
smh0101
Fifth Gear

Post by smh0101 »

555BCTurbo wrote:
Haha, near stock. lol Because 15psi on a vf10 is soooo stock.

Just because you're sour about ditching your Legacy doesnt mean you should rag on others.

And I never said that it wasnt a nutless integra. Most of them are.

NOW back on topic.

Last night was fun. I killed a stock WRX last night on I-84 heading back from Crown Point towards Portland. Gotta give the guy credit... When I let him by he was grinning and gave me a thumbs up.

stock... lol
Last edited by smh0101 on Sun Mar 01, 2009 12:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
~Spencer
94 Legacy Turbo (550 Robtune/ej20h v2 Sti RA drivetrain)
94 Legacy Ti Wagon (5mt ej22e)
91 rhd Legacy GT Wagon (factory 5mt, ej20g)
93 rhd Legacy GT type S2 Sedan (4eat, ej20g)
91 rhd Legacy Ti Type S 1.8
03 Lincoln LS V8 Sport
08 300 SRT8
Mattheww044
Fourth Gear

Post by Mattheww044 »

smoked a 05ish acura TL the other night. kinda one of those things where they think they are really cool, so they think that roasting the tires off the line is badass, well my AWD had me literally like at least 2-3 car lengths ahead before he even started moving. not sure how it woulda ended up if he woulda launched correctly
1991 Subaru Legacy SS 5MT: Revtronix Stage 2 Set-up with a few other "tasteful" mods :D
555BCTurbo
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by 555BCTurbo »

smh0101 wrote:
555BCTurbo wrote:
Haha, near stock. lol Because 15psi on a vf10 is soooo stock.

Just because you're sour about ditching your Legacy doesnt mean you should rag on others.

VF10 ain't that big brotha...but good work nonetheless

Oh...and I never said I'm sour about ditching my Legacy...I don't miss it a bit since my Audi does everything it did...better
Nick

1987 Audi 4000CS quattro...soon to be 20VT
1994 Dodge Ram 2500 4x4 CTD, #11 plate, 30 psi, Scotty II intake, 4" exhaust