03 WRX rear seats

Anything and Everything about the Body, from paint to undercoating and interior, including in-car entertainment (ICE).

Moderators: Helpinators, Moderators

brand
First Gear

03 WRX rear seats

Post by brand »

I picked up some 03 WRX seats and I've got them installed. The only thing giving me trouble is the upright part of the rears. The top sits maybe 2 inches higher than the original seats, so you can see the foam padding. I was wondering if anyone could share some tips or ways they've solved this problem.

I searched before I posted this but didn't have much luck, so my apologies if I missed the answer. Thanks!
91 SS with a bunch of parts waiting on the shelf
94 SS with things and such
08 STI with stuff and junk
brand
First Gear

Post by brand »

Thinking about this a bit more, I'm pretty sure that the seats fit as well as they are going to and it just looks strange because the stock seats had a hard carpeted back and the wrx seats do not. I'll just get some carpet to cover it up and call it good.
Legacy Rally Guy
Third Gear

Post by Legacy Rally Guy »

Pictures?
pleeeeease :P
1991 Legacy N/A- Being built to withstand zombie apocalypse!
2004 WRX STi- (GT3076r, 850cc Deatchwerks, Unequal Length Headers, FMIC, Alum Driveshaft, Camber Kit, Daily Driver)
brand
First Gear

Post by brand »

I haven't gotten around to putting carpet on them yet, but I can snap some camera phone pics of the visible foam if you'd like. I broke the battery cover off my good camera and haven't been able to repair it.
Legacy Rally Guy
Third Gear

Post by Legacy Rally Guy »

That's a bummer, I've had that happen too.

yeah, without carpet is fine too,

Thanks
1991 Legacy N/A- Being built to withstand zombie apocalypse!
2004 WRX STi- (GT3076r, 850cc Deatchwerks, Unequal Length Headers, FMIC, Alum Driveshaft, Camber Kit, Daily Driver)