Coolant leak under motor drivers side

Heads, valves, pistons, rods, crankshaft, etc...

Moderators: Helpinators, Moderators

nosyt
Second Gear

Coolant leak under motor drivers side

Post by nosyt »

hey guys i have a 92 2.2 turbo wagon that i recently put a 5 speed into and installed an aem truboost controller running 9.5 psi

since the swap i have blown 3 coolant lines and currently have a leak that i can't seem to trace

its coming from under the drivers side of the motor and i see coolant dripping off the crossmember and down the oil pan

i was wondering if there are any hoses in that area i should be checking or if (worst case scenario) i have blown a head gasket
ericem
Fifth Gear

Post by ericem »

Check the two hoses that go to the water pump. I am thinking it is just your water pump period since my car leaked the same way and it turned out to be the water pump.

Does your car overheat? Does the overflow bubble etc?
1993 Subaru Legacy L AWD Wagon R.I.P
1994 Subaru Legacy SS R.I.P :(
2004 Nissan Titan LE 4X4
2007 Subaru Legacy GT :)
thehookeup
Third Gear

Post by thehookeup »

compression test compression test compression test (head gasket)
there is no reason why you should be building that much pressure to blow any coolant lines. unless your radiator cap is bad, and isnt letting pressure bleed off into the overflow tank.

did you check the lines from the motor to the heater core?
-93 2.2T (RIP), 93 N/A best car on earth.
-00 legGT, 18" PIAA sport mesh wheels, front/rear Rallitek sways, lowered whitelines, coming soon: 2.5L sti internals, 20g heads P&P, twin charged. motor is almost ready to go in.
Andrew
nosyt
Second Gear

Post by nosyt »

the car seems to keep good temperature and doesnt overheat or bubble over
and i dont know that im blowing lines more so they are 330,000km old and the added torque on the motor from 5 speed and more boost is causing them to fail
beatersubi
Fifth Gear

Post by beatersubi »

None of that should add excess pressure to the cooling system. The added boost might be pushing past a head gasket(s), if they are that old. Its not hard to check.
93 legacy wagon L, 22T swapped (TW imitator) now with five forward speeds. (Gone, but never forgotten)
johndrivesabox wrote: Rally, my kyboard is brok, his has nohing o do wih h liquor.
Originalcyn wrote:Apparently everyone hates Gabe.
nosyt
Second Gear

Post by nosyt »

well looking into it further it seems like it is leaking from the water pump (where it meets the block?) its just a small leak dripping onto the header