92 legacy "777" rally car

Show us your Legacy pictures and videos.

Moderator: Moderators

rallyguy_777
First Gear

92 legacy "777" rally car

Post by rallyguy_777 »

hey all,

I am new to the forum, although I am not new to legacys adn rally. My brother and I used to rally a 92 legacy, first in P4 as a stock car and then in open with a V.5 STI motor in it. I thoghut I woul dpost osme pictures up for all to see her in all her glory:P
1. Tall pines 2008- 6th overall.

2.tall Pines 08- right before the iron bridge on said stage

3. Baie Des Chaleurs 2008- crazy french water splash lmao

We have also done two Targa NFLD. Once with my dad driving, the other with my brother driving. I am the unsung hero of the team :P(aka co-driver) but it is still great to be running in a great car adn getting to watch my bro drive is amazing. I will get my turn some time soon(fingers crossed) now that we have a new 2000 Impreza for a rally car, maybe get to run the leggy..... we will have to wait and see!

Also a picture of my 1987 Volvo 780 Drift car. 95 LT1 motor in it with straight side dump exhaust. SOunds like the world is coming to an end:D

I also drive a 93 legacy on the street, but I am in the process of getting her all fixed up (not "done up", actual fixing lol)so I will post some pictures when she is all tidy :)
Last edited by rallyguy_777 on Sun Apr 12, 2009 11:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Massimo Narini

93 legacy Turbo (aka Gracie)
-Turbo XS boost controller(6/12psi), WRX TMIC, STI sways,04 STI struts, 3'' DP, lightweight pulley,
Fkyx
Third Gear

Post by Fkyx »

Lovely!
Matthew aka F[b][color=red]k[/color][/b]yx
1991 Legacy Sport Sedan "Jillian" - [url=http://bbs.legacycentral.org/viewtopic.php?t=39548]EJ20G swap[/url]
smh0101
Fifth Gear

Post by smh0101 »

Sick!

nuff said

:D
~Spencer
94 Legacy Turbo (550 Robtune/ej20h v2 Sti RA drivetrain)
94 Legacy Ti Wagon (5mt ej22e)
91 rhd Legacy GT Wagon (factory 5mt, ej20g)
93 rhd Legacy GT type S2 Sedan (4eat, ej20g)
91 rhd Legacy Ti Type S 1.8
03 Lincoln LS V8 Sport
08 300 SRT8
beatersubi
Fifth Gear

Post by beatersubi »

Any pics of the interior? Specifically, the rollcage.
93 legacy wagon L, 22T swapped (TW imitator) now with five forward speeds. (Gone, but never forgotten)
johndrivesabox wrote: Rally, my kyboard is brok, his has nohing o do wih h liquor.
Originalcyn wrote:Apparently everyone hates Gabe.
GodSquadMandrake
First Gear

Post by GodSquadMandrake »

I'm digging the paint scheme on the 777 car. That's sweet! Is that a Minnesota license plate I spy? I'm originally from there and heading back eventually with my 91 Legacy Rally car. I still have to work out the license though because I don't have one and they are probably going to make me run without a turbo which is kind of pointless for a Subaru. I look forward to seeing you around!

BTW what is your family name? Just in case I have heard of you.
-Doug Wilson
SLODRIVE
Third Gear

Post by SLODRIVE »

Welcome to the forum, and those are some great action shots!

Please share some more details about that rally car, I'm really digging it! +1 on rollcage pics too.
http://www.slodriveracing.com
-92 SS 5MT- EJ20H swap, Haltech standalone ECU, TD04, FXT TMIC, 3" exhaust, STi/AGX struts, JDM 5-speed, 4.111 LSD rear, Blitz EBC, etc.
-'93 L Wagon - Pink Roll Cage - "Dirty Leg"
-And more!
AWD_addict
Fifth Gear

Post by AWD_addict »

Nice shots! Do you have any videos?
90 L+ wgn
ericem
Fifth Gear

Post by ericem »

Nice I have seen that turbo at tall pines. Welcome! There is more then 5 legacy turbo's in Ontario woot! :P
1993 Subaru Legacy L AWD Wagon R.I.P
1994 Subaru Legacy SS R.I.P :(
2004 Nissan Titan LE 4X4
2007 Subaru Legacy GT :)
jefferson
Third Gear

Post by jefferson »

I always watch the Targa NF rally when speed puts it on and I save them all. I love to see the older Subies in there.

Where did you get the vortex generators that are on the car in a couple of the photos? What I can see I really like those particular ones.

Good luck with getting to drive that thing. I honestly don't think I could sit in the other seat. Probably have the big one.

Jeff
91 Black SS 5spd. Edm lights, wrx gauges in dash, 45 degree airbox, cryoed drilled and slotted brakes. Invidia divorced downpipe with custom stainless exhaust. To be installed, aluminum a-arms, manual belts, awic.
rallyguy_777
First Gear

Post by rallyguy_777 »

GodSquadMandrake wrote:I'm digging the paint scheme on the 777 car. That's sweet! Is that a Minnesota license plate I spy? I'm originally from there and heading back eventually with my 91 Legacy Rally car. I still have to work out the license though because I don't have one and they are probably going to make me run without a turbo which is kind of pointless for a Subaru. I look forward to seeing you around!

BTW what is your family name? Just in case I have heard of you.

lol nope it is an Ontario License plate. blue letters with white background.

My name is Massimo Narini, my borhter is Nick and my dad is Phil, all of us race in the Canadian rally championship.
Massimo Narini

-Turbo XS boost controller(6/12psi), WRX TMIC, STI sways,04 STI struts, 3'' DP, lightweight pulley,
rallyguy_777
First Gear

Post by rallyguy_777 »

AWD_addict wrote:Nice shots! Do you have any videos?

check Utube for some video, search for tall pines rally 09 and we are in one of the videos and then in the Maniwaki 2009 we are in it a couple of times.
Massimo Narini

GodSquadMandrake
First Gear

Post by GodSquadMandrake »

rallyguy_777 wrote:
lol nope it is an Ontario License plate. blue letters with white background.

My name is Massimo Narini, my borhter is Nick and my dad is Phil, all of us race in the Canadian rally championship.
I've only been to SCCA/Rally America rallies so I haven't seen you guys out yet. I've been thinking about entering some CARS events though because Rally America won't let me run with a turbo and the costs are just so much higher even though they have a bunch of events in Minnesota where I am from. Trailering the car to Canada woudl still probably be cheaper than running Rally America events.

Is CARS as fiercely competitive as Rally America? Sometimes it takes the fun out of it when people nit pick over rules.
-Doug Wilson
rallyguy_777
First Gear

Post by rallyguy_777 »

GodSquadMandrake wrote:
I've only been to SCCA/Rally America rallies so I haven't seen you guys out yet. I've been thinking about entering some CARS events though because Rally America won't let me run with a turbo and the costs are just so much higher even though they have a bunch of events in Minnesota where I am from. Trailering the car to Canada woudl still probably be cheaper than running Rally America events.

Is CARS as fiercely competitive as Rally America? Sometimes it takes the fun out of it when people nit pick over rules.
It is and it isn't lol. There are 4 or 5 guys that are going out for the win at most events, but the top 10 are all very close. There are only a few very fast guys, but then there is a gap tot he enxt guys, which are all very close.
Massimo Narini

rallyguy_777
First Gear

Post by rallyguy_777 »

SLODRIVE wrote:Welcome to the forum, and those are some great action shots!

Please share some more details about that rally car, I'm really digging it! +1 on rollcage pics too.

Well, the car started out as a stock legacy Turbo, got it for $1300 Can and my borther ice raced it up in minden for one season in Street studs(small stud class). Before we went ice racing we put in the belts, seats, stripped it etc but didnt pu tin the cage, we didnt know if we were going to rally or not yet, so we jsut ran a bar from one side to the other for belts. then after ice racing, we ran in the Ontario Perfoemance Rally Championship for one season, came second in P4 against a WRX, but did beat him a couple of times lol. We ran stock everything with regards to motor, jsut wth a 32 mm restrictor in the turbo. Ran JVL suspension, custom suspension with bilstein inserts and Blue coil springs. Also rna a skid plate and Silverstone gravel tires on the stock 15'' leggy wheels. Great reliable car, except for the suspension becasue he putin the worng bushings, so they were binding and the struts were blowing and gettign all cheesed up and it was not fun, but we made due with what we had and got through it, until the beginning of last season when we put a vr. 5 JDM sti motor into it(2.0 L) with the 4.44 tranny, i think a 20 KG center diff and basically locked rear diff. We had the insides of our LSD changed to something else I don't remember. Had many teething issue at the start of the season, like the throttle getting stuck open on the second stage of Perce neige and it running on only 3 cylinders also.

We finally got all the shit figured out(motor and suspension) for tall pines of last year and we came 6th overall, finallly showing how the car can actually run. We beat a brand new evo XI?? I dunno the newst body style.

Also when the car was in its P4 status, we ran Targa 2 times, the second time was 2 years ago and we had some times in the rain that were 3rd overall( faste rthen the subaru canada car:D) so that was fun. Also, we took it too the Challenge Sur Glace Ice race in sherbrooke Quebec 3 years ago and put an intercooler in it and ran 12 PSi. id alright, but another subaru which will go un-named( peanut STI that is white with blue and orange on it, driven by a Quebec driver....) felt the need tobe VERY agressive and turn into use, sheering our wheel nuts on the front left corner, making the wheel come off! that was a grat ending to the weekend...... was still fun tho:P

So NOW it is sitting in our shop with no suspension, drivetrain or seats, which have been transferred to our new 2000 impreza rally car. Hopefully we will put it back together some time soon in the future nad I wil get to drie it in P4 in the OPRC. I cnaonly dream right now........

If you want to know anything else feel free to ask here or PM me if its really important lol
Massimo Narini

stipro
Third Gear

Post by stipro »

rallyguy_777 wrote: Ran JVL suspension, custom suspension with bilstein inserts and Blue coil springs..... Great reliable car, except for the suspension becasue he putin the worng bushings, so they were binding and the struts were blowing and gettign all cheesed up and it was not fun
Tell me more about this suspension, I am very interested.
1994 ABM Sport Sedan-Not stock
1990 L series/turbo-Rally project
rallyguy_777
First Gear

Post by rallyguy_777 »

stipro wrote:
rallyguy_777 wrote: Ran JVL suspension, custom suspension with bilstein inserts and Blue coil springs..... Great reliable car, except for the suspension becasue he putin the worng bushings, so they were binding and the struts were blowing and gettign all cheesed up and it was not fun

Well, it is made by a guy in Seattle I think, John Vanlandingham? I believe. They are 50mm Bilstein inserts, none adjustable, dunnno what valving. The actual body of the suspension is made out of a steel tube with the bottom welded on and we welded the ears onto them, also have a brake line holder lol. the bodies also are threaded and have collars on them. We used Blue Coil springs, depending on what surface we ran on we used different spring rates. We used to have a set made by the same guy of 40mm and that way we could use helper springs, but we no longer run the 40mm ones anymore. There are 4 brass bushings that are in there that were originally made from "oil lite". It is a self lubing metal, I think it is a compund of brass and some sort of nylon possibly. They were wrong and the struts did not work for us.

Dunno if that was what you wanted to know lol but thats what you get :P
Massimo Narini

stipro
Third Gear

Post by stipro »

rallyguy_777 wrote:
stipro wrote:

Well, it is made by a guy in Seattle I think, John Vanlandingham? I believe. They are 50mm Bilstein inserts, none adjustable, dunnno what valving. The actual body of the suspension is made out of a steel tube with the bottom welded on and we welded the ears onto them, also have a brake line holder lol. the bodies also are threaded and have collars on them. We used Blue Coil springs, depending on what surface we ran on we used different spring rates. We used to have a set made by the same guy of 40mm and that way we could use helper springs, but we no longer run the 40mm ones anymore. There are 4 brass bushings that are in there that were originally made from "oil lite". It is a self lubing metal, I think it is a compund of brass and some sort of nylon possibly. They were wrong and the struts did not work for us.

Dunno if that was what you wanted to know lol but thats what you get :P
Was that your reasoning to go to the 50mm struts?, couldnt the 40mm struts be fixed ie: have the bushing replaced??
1994 ABM Sport Sedan-Not stock
1990 L series/turbo-Rally project
555BCTurbo
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by 555BCTurbo »

Good to see another SS out there kicking ass on the gravel!

I co-drive here in the Northwest...hope to see you down at some of our rallies sometime!

And stipro...bigger the strut body the better in rally...they take some incredibly hard hits
Nick

1987 Audi 4000CS quattro...soon to be 20VT
1994 Dodge Ram 2500 4x4 CTD, #11 plate, 30 psi, Scotty II intake, 4" exhaust
rallyguy_777
First Gear

Post by rallyguy_777 »

stipro wrote: Was that your reasoning to go to the 50mm struts?, couldnt the 40mm struts be fixed ie: have the bushing replaced??

we went to the 50mm struts mainly because our friend/team mate that we are close with got a new car adn got the 50mm struts put in so it was easiest to get John to make up another set of the same and also that meant we could swap parts if needed/take less spare parts. Also we only had the bushing issue with the 50mm struts.
Massimo Narini

greg donovan
Fourth Gear

Post by greg donovan »

don't forget the JVL struts are Kawasaki Green.
96 Impreza L sedan
97 legacy outback limited
00 Impreza RS sedan
rallyguy_777
First Gear

Post by rallyguy_777 »

lol we changed that now, they are orange to go with our team colours lol sshhh don't tell John..
Massimo Narini