1991 Legacy 2.2 N/A from Iceland

Show us your Legacy pictures and videos.

Moderator: Moderators

Scandinavianflick
In Neutral

1991 Legacy 2.2 N/A from Iceland

Post by Scandinavianflick »

So yeah, my name is Sindri and I'm from Reykjavík which is the capital city of Iceland. I'm 18 years old and a student so I don't have a good and steady income but everything i earn goes to rebuilding my lovely Legacy. This is a build Journal for it. It is a 1991 2.2 GX European Spec Legacy. I'm sorry if my English is not good, I just hope you understand everything. I couldn't put this thread into the build journal section because I´m new here or something... This will have to do.

So, the Leggy. It started it's life in the countryside. Some farmer had it for over a decade and in the Icelandic countryside there are a lot of gravel roads so my beloved Leggy is used to the Icelandic rally roads. Later on it was bought by a young woman in Reykjavík and then a year ago I bought it off her for 70.000 isl kr. That's about 1000 US dollars before the Icelandic banks destroyed our economy. Back then one dollar was like 60 kronur but now it's like 130 kronur. :x

The Leggy has ca. 230.000 km on it's odo, which is about 143.000 miles. When I got my drivers license I had to get myself a car because I'm a car nut and because I loooooove Subarus it had to be a 4WD Subaru. That´s why I had this beauty but at first it was not perfect. I had to give it a new clutch, a new radiator, new fuel-something (don't know what it's called in English), a new damper, a new sound system and some 17" wheels with summer tires. Later on, when I had fallen in love with the car I wanted to modify it to my liking. I'm not even half way there yet, but that's mainly because of a low budget. I'm planning to do as much as my wallet allows me this summer.

Unfortunately my Leggy is suffering from a common disease here in Iceland which is simply called RUST! Our cars here in Iceland usually get really rusty early in their lives because we salt the roads ca. 7 months a year. What a stupid decision. Of course I'm going to get rid of all rust this summer so it won't fall to pieces next winter.

When the Leggy was new it was 136 hp but I seriously doubt it produces anywhere near that much. My plan this summer is to install a turbo and everything that follows that kind of procedure and I think I have to lower it a lot because it's sitting rather high. If I have enough cash my dream is to get a shortshifter and some other goodies as well.

Here are some photos of it but I suspect I have the worst camera in Iceland right now, it will be fixed this summer when my wallet fills up again. Sorry about the quality of the pictures, it's because of a bad camera not lack of skills. :-)

Oh yeah, almost forgot. Here you can see my "new" paintjob. It was darkish blue but I'm spraying it by myself in a lighter blue color. I've sprayed the front bumper, the back bumper, the hood and the trunk. I will finish the paintjob when I've got all the rust out of it. Here you can also see my fake xenons and my Hellas. See the rust there? It´s almost the same on the other side and I probably have found a couple of fenders which are in a flawless condition here in Iceland which I can buy or even get free. I guess I´m lucky because there are so few 1st gen Leggies alive in Iceland.

The side of it with all its beauty and rustyness! :lol:

The beautiful back side, which I think is much more appealing then the American and Australia ones. There you can see my friend Bragi who is always willing to help me with this project. He is my best friend and a car nut (a Subaru lover and owner aswell).

My gorgeous wheels. Seventeens with low profile tires. Got them at a cartowing company for a ridiculously low amount of money.

My custom made Subaru emblem and the Hellas. Which color should the grill be? What do you reckon? Any ideas?

Front end. Here you can see how high it is from the ground. Too high in fact.

The interior. New gear lever and a stereo, Alpine something orother.

The engine: 2.2 liters, N/A (for now), 136 hp (for now). No mods on the engine yet.

The GX model has a sunroof and everything is electric, mirrors, sunroof and windows.

My new gearlever "rally style".

A picture of me and the Leggy. Yes, I am a proud metalhead, with long hair and everything and my main interest is music.

See how proud I am of it!

I feel like I have to take this opportunity to advert my bands. I play the drums in both of them and they are both metal. I also attend a music school on guitar. The metalcore band: http://www.myspace.com/wistariatheband and the progmetal band: http://www.myspace.com/blindcrestice

Thanks for reading this, Sindri is out!

P.s. I will try my best updating this thread and I have to remember to bring a camera if something is happening around the Leggy.
Subaru Legacy 1991 GX 2.2

[url]http://www.myspace.com/wistariatheband[/url]
[url]http://www.myspace.com/blindcrestice[/url]