Magnecor 8.5mm wires

Got a new part? Is it the best thing you've ever seen? Is it a complete ripoff? Let us know about your parts and service.

Moderators: Helpinators, Moderators

THAWA
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Magnecor 8.5mm wires

Post by THAWA »

Got these a few weeks ago, installed them the day of. I was having backfiring, and stumbling at idle and when accellerating. I also was getting a slight bit of hesitation at WOT. They made a big difference over the crappy autolites I was using before (never buy autolites). They are also kinda expensive. NGK's can be had for about half the price depending on where you shop. I doubt these give any real performance upgrade over NGK's so if you're only planning on keeping the car a lil while go with the NGK's, if you don't feel like messing with the plug wires again go with magnecors :) You can take these and use them on other subaru's :D Was it worth the money? Yes, only because I don't have to wonder if my wires are bad again. One thing you might/will have to do is zip tie the boots onto the coil plugs. They are smaller than they need to be. The wires will hold if you just push them on, but that's not really safe.
Rio Red 90 Legacy LS AWD 174k
Liquid Silver 92 SVX LS-L 88k
[url=http://folding.amdmbpond.com/FoldingForOurFuture.html]Do you fold?[/url]

I'm on First and First. How can the same street intersect with itself? I must be at the nexus of the universe.
mTk
no title

Post by mTk »

I like mine too.

MK
1992 BC672 AWD 5MT
vrg3
Vikash

Post by vrg3 »

You found the boots to be too small? When I bought my Magnecors the boots had the FHI logo on them!

The problem I had with fitment was that the contacts inside the boots were at the wrong depth, so they wouldn't hold properly. This was the case on both ends. A quick yank with a pair of needle-nose pliers made them fit just like stock.
"Just reading vrg3's convoluted, information-packed posts made me feel better all over again." -- subyluvr2212
THAWA
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by THAWA »

well it took more effort to get them started on the coils than the first set of wires (which I think were NGK's/oem's :() and the autolites. They fit snug but slide back. The contact does stick out a bit but it's still shorter than the space inside the coil.
Rio Red 90 Legacy LS AWD 174k
Liquid Silver 92 SVX LS-L 88k
[url=http://folding.amdmbpond.com/FoldingForOurFuture.html]Do you fold?[/url]

I'm on First and First. How can the same street intersect with itself? I must be at the nexus of the universe.
evolutionmovement
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by evolutionmovement »

I got sick of replacing the cheap 'lifetime warranty' wires every year, so I got the Magnecor and they seem like real high quality items and I can just transfer them to the new engine whenever that finally comes to fruition.

Steve
Midnight in a Perfect World on Amazon or order anywhere. The first book in a quartet chronicling the rise of a man from angry criminal to philanthropist. Midnight... is a distopic noirish novel featuring 'Duchess', a modified 1990 Subaru Legacy wagon.
yazmo
Third Gear

magnecor 8.5mm buying procedure

Post by yazmo »

ho i am thinking about getting these!

magnecor 8.5 mm

but its the first time i got this kind of transaction
here what they are asking for!

Magnecor has confirmed that PN 45180 is for the Subaro Legacy 1994 and is
> IN STOCK and ready to ship. When ready to order, please follow the
> international ordering instructions below:
>
> We will gladly ship orders to anywhere in the world that FedEx will
> deliver. All orders that are processed from outside the 48 U.S. are
> required to fax a photo copy of their credit card and driver's license to
> our fax line at 1(321) 768-2889. On the cover page, write the CC#,
> expiration date and 3-digit security code from the rear of the card next
> to the signature line. Please write your name/address information
> (both billing and shipping addresses) to ensure accuracy in our process
> (the numbers on the credit card are particularly difficult to read on the
> fax.)

this procedure is very scary if you ask me!
what you guy think of it
gijonas
Fourth Gear

Post by gijonas »

So they are the most expensive yet they dont fit the coil...hmmm.
94SS.Wiseco forged pistons,TD04,TMIC,WALBRO 225,440's,3" all the way,revtronix stage 2,enough other crap to fill the internet.

THE TRIBUTE BUILD>>>LINKY LINK>>> http://bbs.legacycentral.org/viewtopic.php?p=295455#295455
Fkyx
Third Gear

Post by Fkyx »

The 8mm set I ordered seems to fit on the coil just fine. I had mine custom built, though, so I'm not entirely sure if it's the same as what you guys are running.
Matthew aka F[b][color=red]k[/color][/b]yx
1991 Legacy Sport Sedan "Jillian" - [url=http://bbs.legacycentral.org/viewtopic.php?t=39548]EJ20G swap[/url]
AWD_addict
Fifth Gear

Post by AWD_addict »

I had a set custom built recently. I measured the contact depth inside the boots to be sure, and they are the same as OEM. So it appears that Magnecor have corrected their fitment issue. Mine have not fallen off the coil!
90 L+ wgn