"Threatened" with being arrested and jailed for ca

This is for non-Subaru related topics. Keep it realistic please.

Moderator: Moderators

douglas vincent
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

"Threatened" with being arrested and jailed for ca

Post by douglas vincent »

Do not run into these guys.... A late 20's trooper and early 40's... Pizzle/Dizzle? name of younger? I will be filing a complaint, not sure what it will do, but damn I will be filing one...

The story...

Went fishing today in the Columbia Gorge. Took MilePost 123 exit on I-84 East and drove down along the railroad tracks to the fishing spot I have (and hundreds others) been going to for years. Park, have some lunch and get to fishing.....

Twenty or so minutes later a pair of Oregon State Troopers (one car) appear. This is a mile long road along the railroad tracks they have to travel to get to this American Indian boatramp/fishing spot. All I see is their patrol car for about 10 minutes, then they appear above me (I am at bank level).

"Hello sirs" I start and just assume they are checking my fishing license. They do, but also ask the age of my two kids. 8 and 10 THESE KIDS LOOK NOWHERE NEAR 14 (license age).

They take my info and then state for me not to leave....

They come back and then inform me that I have trespassed on the railroad property to get to where we are fishing. 98% surprise to me. But I have been, and others, for YEARS with no issue. Of course when fishing there is always the chance you are doing something wrong.... I state that I was unaware I had trespassed and the history of fishing here and that of course I would never drive here again (and I meant it! at this point these guys had turn on PRICK alert).

After about 5 minutes of saying "Yes Sir, No Sir" to the fact I was trespassing, the silent older trooper suddenly askes me if I know how many poles a person is allowed to fish. And proceeds to inform me he watched me reel in and cast my daughters pole twice. Guilty as charged. My daughter, all 8 years old and wanting to catch a fish, was also finding clam shells, so I moved her EFFING BOBBER twice so she would have a better chance at catching a fish. Another 5 minutes of "Yes sir, No sir."

And then......

"You are aware it is a class A misdomeaner and I could arrest you and take you to jail for fishing with more than one pole" (or words to that affect).

I almost couldnt speak. The guy had taken annoying power trip cop to AMAZING **** WITH GUY WITH TWO KIDS PRICK COP. I had "yes sir, no sir" for 10 minutes, said I was wrong with the tresspassing, and that I would not cast my daughters pole ever again, then was pretty much threatened with being arrested.

It wasnt worth the back talk as much as I wanted to. What judge in his right mind would actually convict me? But getting arrested in the middle of nowhere with my two kids and my car stuck "illegally"? Not worth it.

I never say this, but **** THESE cops. My kids didnt understand why I "could go to jail" for fishing.... My kids were 4-10 feet from me the entire time and heard the entire thing. AND my daughter was fishing with her pole as well, it obviously wasnt mine.

End rant.
Reddevil, Awaiting new heart, will it ever happen?
1990 wagon, EJ25 12.3 @ 116.5 FAST Family wagon getting new motor soon
1992 wagon, wifes daily, high compression
1992 Touring wagon, should I keep it?
Legacy777
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Legacy777 »

WOW.......WTF was their problem. I sure as hell hope you got their badge numbers. These guys sound like they need to seriously get a fucking life.

Those are the type of cops that create the stereotype that cause me to hate all police officers!
Josh

surrealmirage.com/subaru
1990 Legacy (AWD, 6MT, & EJ22T Swap)
2020 Outback Limted XT

If you need to get a hold of me please email me rather then pm
baddriver
First Gear

Post by baddriver »

It only takes a few officers abusing their authority to taint the view of a whole law enforcement agency.

At least you played it smart and got out of there ok, but I hate that your kids had to hear the cops indirectly threaten you with jail by stating law.

Do cops usually ravel around in pairs around there or was it rookie training in progress?
93forestpearl
Fifth Gear

Post by 93forestpearl »

^ Good question.

I've gotten a similar deal in Mankato where I go to school, for my exhaust, which is not overly loud. While he was writing out a warning, a Harley and two loud trucks drove by. The laws in Minnesota state that noise above the normal operation of the motor is unlawful.

I think you were definitely harassed.
→Dan

piddster34 at h0tma1l d0t c0m
entirelyturbo
quasi-mod-o
quasi-mod-o

Post by entirelyturbo »

Cops have earned every iota of disrespect they now get in our society.

Sure, there are good ones, but they're now the exception to the rule.

Like most other positions of authority, cops today simply abuse their power to compensate for their insecurities.

Don't get me wrong; I'm not a criminal. But the only reason I obey cops is because putting them in their place isn't worth the consequences.

So I guess I'm perpetuating the cycle, but whatareyagonnado?

I hope there's still some decency left in your local municipal justice system Doug, so that a higher power will put those assholes in mall security jobs.
2000 Subaru Legacy B4 RSK

"Der Wahnsinn ist nur eine schmale Brücke/die Ufer sind Vernunft und Trieb"

*Formerly DerFahrer*

@entirelyturbo on social media, including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and TikTok
93forestpearl
Fifth Gear

Post by 93forestpearl »

The funny thing is, I know a couple cops that were MAJOR stoners before they got jobs. Funny how that works.

Now, the new police chief was just what Doug described. A young buck with something to prove. At least he has the desk job now and is off the streets, lol.
→Dan

piddster34 at h0tma1l d0t c0m
Dynamic Entry
Third Gear

Post by Dynamic Entry »

DerFahrer wrote:whatareyagonnado?

I'm actually interested in exploring this question for myself.

Sure sure, I'm like 3/4 of the way through Midnight in a Perfect World and I'm all razzed up about anti-establishment, but, seriously, I am asking myself if it is enough to allow Karma to work on the jerks
Andrew

16 Outback - wife's daily
95 Gravel Express - Sold
92 Green SVX - RIP
02 WRB WRX - Sold
93 White SS "Angel": 4EAT to 5MT 550 Robtune !SOLD!
̶9̶2̶ ̶W̶i̶n̶e̶s̶t̶o̶n̶e̶ ̶S̶S̶ ̶5̶M̶T̶ R.I.P.
GodSquadMandrake
First Gear

Post by GodSquadMandrake »

Wow that is insanely frustrating. You were just fishing!!!
Someone just finished telling me a story of what they did for their weekend and this is what it involved:

Going to the club and throwing beer bottles off of the top balcony into the dance floor on people. He lied about that one to the management so he didn't get kicked out of there. Then he proceeded to go to someone's hotel room late at night and wake up the entire floor with drunken yelling and got kicked out by the security but not before breaking beer bottles in the lobby and smashing pictures that were hanging on the wall. Then he hung around outside making fun of a gay couple and jeering at passing women. Then he smashed the windshield of a car in the parking lot with another beer bottle. After this wandered down a road throwing construction cones into the road, knocking over a road sign, and peeing on the sidewalk. Then someone he was with started standing in the middle of the road stopping every car until someone would give them a ride back to their hotel room. A mexican guy who was a cook at the hotel stopped to give them a ride on his way to work. I guess they tossed the back of his car and were complete ass holes to him. Then that night at the hotel they smashes the windows in both rooms, broke all the glasses, pissed on the chair, and smoked in a non-smoking room.

This guy did all that and got off free. Didn't even have to pay for the damages to the hotel room because it was a government paid room and he signed with a fake name.

That's some messed up justice. Yeah I hate the guy and yes I work with him.

You sir are a SAINT compared to him and those cops really need a slap in the face. I can see they were pissed off about something but there are a lot bigger fish to fry in this world than a man casting a fishing pole for his little girl.
-Doug Wilson
baddriver
First Gear

Post by baddriver »

DerFahrer wrote:whatareyagonnado?
I was wondering how I would handle this too, I'm also wondering what cops
like these do when there are no kids or other witnesses around. Would
filing a report eventually help others, if enough complaints were lodged, and
what are the risks?
Mattheww044
Fourth Gear

Post by Mattheww044 »

damn doug that is absolutely rediculous!! i can understand just politely telling you that it is private property or whatnot, but jesus that is crazy. had nothing better to do than sit there and try to feel tough... what douches, i dont think i could have held back even that definately is the better situation in that kind of situation
1991 Subaru Legacy SS 5MT: Revtronix Stage 2 Set-up with a few other "tasteful" mods :D
joeWM
Second Gear

Post by joeWM »

damn man, doug dont ever drive through scappose,OR. haha fuckers out here will pinch ya for breathing wrong.
[quote="kimokalihi"]Jesus, that's a grocery list of problems.[/quote]
92 Legacy SS 5MT....sold :(
02 Aspen white WRX Stage 2, 20%tint
Lurch
In Neutral

Post by Lurch »

Check this one out... Oklahoma State Trooper Road Rages...

Main story: http://carlosmiller.com/2009/05/28/okla ... t-lingers/

The follow up: http://www.ktul.com/news/stories/0609/629440.html
James
93 Legacy Turbo SS Burgundy - Son's Car
Mods: KYB GR2, K&N, TD04/WRX TMIC, Hallman Pro MBC @ 11.5 psi, 02 WRX 5sp Tranny, AU CB 97-00 WRX 3" Turbo back Exhaust / Future Mods: MSD DIS2
02 Toyota Tundra v8 4x4 TRD & 97 Suzuki Bandit 1200s- Mine
555BCTurbo
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by 555BCTurbo »

DerFahrer wrote: Sure, there are good ones, but they're now the exception to the rule.

I strive to be that exception...but none of you have any idea how hard my job is...and how much I have to worry about liability, my safety, your safety, the best interests of my community (read: taxpayers that fund my position), and the best interests for all involved parties at any given time.

It's fucking tough...so give us a break...

This doesn't excuse any officer/deputy/trooper from being disrespectful or abusing their authority...but you have to realize that we deal with all kinds of people, so of whom like us, and some of whom are thinking of ways to kill us.

[/soapbox]
Nick

1987 Audi 4000CS quattro...soon to be 20VT
1994 Dodge Ram 2500 4x4 CTD, #11 plate, 30 psi, Scotty II intake, 4" exhaust
evolutionmovement
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by evolutionmovement »

[/sad violin]
Midnight in a Perfect World on Amazon or order anywhere. The first book in a quartet chronicling the rise of a man from angry criminal to philanthropist. Midnight... is a distopic noirish novel featuring 'Duchess', a modified 1990 Subaru Legacy wagon.
555BCTurbo
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by 555BCTurbo »

[/useless anti-establishment commie]
Nick

baddriver
First Gear

Post by baddriver »

Hopefully this thread will proceed with worthwhile content and not degenerate into a flame-fest.
555BCTurbo
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by 555BCTurbo »

There really isn't a lot of worthwhile content that can be posted in this thread...

It is either going to be "I hate cops" or the opposite...
Nick

evolutionmovement
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by evolutionmovement »

Commie. The default insult of the tool. What, not going to use fag today? Cops have been the best friends of many fascist dictatorship. But it's not your fault—you just do your job.

I hate overpaid tax collectors who glorify themselves as something better. Are you a detective? Are you in the FBI? Because those guys generally perform the actual services advertised. If not, then you're a tool who gets off on harassing citizenry while child molesters run rampant. I've yet to meet a cop that wasn't a complete douche and a hypocrite. Cheating on wives, abusing them, sex with minors, running a construction company while supposed to be on patrol, converting and selling semi-auto rifles to fully auto, kid the biggest drug dealer in school. Oh those are just the ones I've met.

But i don't just hate cops in general, it's a personal hatred. you're the only person on this board that I can't stand. I'm sure it's mutual and I'm glad.
Midnight in a Perfect World on Amazon or order anywhere. The first book in a quartet chronicling the rise of a man from angry criminal to philanthropist. Midnight... is a distopic noirish novel featuring 'Duchess', a modified 1990 Subaru Legacy wagon.
entirelyturbo
quasi-mod-o
quasi-mod-o

Post by entirelyturbo »

Nick, it's one thing to hang around and shoot the breeze on this board even though you no longer own a Legacy.

And even though sniveling about your 'tough' job is quite pathetic, it's not insulting to other people.

But your posts have grown very antagonistic lately, and several recent pissing matches have spawned off of your famous "you-know-nothing-about..." tirades.

First off, I'm going to show you some statistics that might make you think twice about just how 'rough' you have it.

Law enforcement, while indeed dangerous, is not the most dangerous job you can have. According to this Forbes article, garbage collecting is a more dangerous job than law enforcement.

The fact that you live in Oregon, which ranks 38th out of 50 for state crime rates according to this list, is even less convincing.

Now, I drive for a living, which according to that same Forbes list is more dangerous than law enforcement. Most of my driving is also done in Orlando, which according to this list is the 6th worst city in the country to drive in.

But if you want to bring this back around to crime and law enforcement, let's also refer to that state crime list and look at Florida, which is ranked number 4, and let's look at this list which ranks Orlando as the 6th most crime-ridden city in the country.

So, In regards to your job... quit your bitching. You don't have it as bad as you think you do.

But in regards to your posts... many of us have had enough of your holier-than-thou attitude. You're quickly wearing out your welcome here because of it.
2000 Subaru Legacy B4 RSK

"Der Wahnsinn ist nur eine schmale Brücke/die Ufer sind Vernunft und Trieb"

*Formerly DerFahrer*

@entirelyturbo on social media, including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and TikTok
douglas vincent
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by douglas vincent »

My Father was a cop.
Reddevil, Awaiting new heart, will it ever happen?
1990 wagon, EJ25 12.3 @ 116.5 FAST Family wagon getting new motor soon
1992 wagon, wifes daily, high compression
1992 Touring wagon, should I keep it?
555BCTurbo
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by 555BCTurbo »

douglas vincent wrote:My Father was a cop.

In Oregon? What agency?
Nick

555BCTurbo
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by 555BCTurbo »

evolutionmovement wrote: I've yet to meet a cop that wasn't a complete douche and a hypocrite. Cheating on wives, abusing them, sex with minors, running a construction company while supposed to be on patrol, converting and selling semi-auto rifles to fully auto, kid the biggest drug dealer in school. Oh those are just the ones I've met.

None of those things apply to me...so maybe the East Coast guys are marching to the beat of a different drummer, but that surely doesn't apply to the vast majority of us over here in the Pacific Northwest
Nick

555BCTurbo
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by 555BCTurbo »

DerFahrer wrote:

Law enforcement, while indeed dangerous, is not the most dangerous job you can have.
I never said it was...I worked in agriculture before, which IS one of the most dangerous occupations there is...
DerFahrer wrote: The fact that you live in Oregon, which ranks 38th out of 50 for state crime rates according to this list, is even less convincing.
Statistics mean jack shit to me...I am a Deputy Sheriff, which means I work in predominantly rural areas...by myself...with backup being 45 mins away...So yeah...maybe downtown Portland isn't as dangerous as downtown Orlando, but when I am out in the middle of Jewell, at 3am, and some tweaker is waving a gun at me...you can bet I'm not thinking "oh man, well I'll be ok since Oregon ranks only 38th in the crime statistics."
DerFahrer wrote: Now, I drive for a living, which according to that same Forbes list is more dangerous than law enforcement.
I drive for my entire work day...sometimes with multiple excursions at speeds north of 100 mph
DerFahrer wrote: So, In regards to your job... quit your bitching. You don't have it as bad as you think you do.
I never said I had it bad...I have a steady paycheck, good benefits, and a great team of people to work with. What I was addressing is that everyone complains about the work that we (law enforcement professionals) do, when they really don't realize the complexity of our job. My biggest fear on duty is not the tweakers and wackos waving guns around...it's whether I made the right decision at the last call I went to, if I should have cited the last driver I cited, etc.
Nick

fishbone79
Second Gear

Post by fishbone79 »

"Deputy Sheriff...." nuff said.

Half my family are police officers, 2 staties and 2 DEC/Encon officers. I've watched how that badge turns normal, pleasant, rather humble guys into raging arrogant assholes on power trips... and these are family members. It's really quite an anomaly what authority over your fellow man does to your perception of your own self importance.
Cheers,
morgan

1992 Legacy BF
1946 Ford 1.5 Ton Truck (The Beast): http://community.webshots.com/user/fishbone79
magicmike
Fifth Gear

Post by magicmike »

My .02

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." Abraham Lincoln

This issue has less to do with police officers but rather more to do with any position of authority over another human being.
-Mike

2011 Infiniti G37x Sedan - Current
2007 Ducati 800ss - Current
1994 Subaru Legacy Sport Wagon (White)
1994 Subaru Legacy Sport Wagon (Silver)
2003 Infiniri G35
1998 Infiniti I30t
1995 Honda Civic DX
1987 Subaru GL Wagon
1987 Subaru Loyale